Poll: Which Total war was your favorite? (Including expansions)

Deleted

Your favorite Total War game?

So I have owned, at some point, almost all of the total war games (I missed out on empire and napoleon and have lost my medieval disks)

So I saw the bundle on steam today and thought, hey why not, and bought every single total war game apart from shogun 1 and medieval 1.

It got me thinking, I can't really say which of them I enjoyed the most, they were all excellent, obviously I can't speak for the 2 I haven't played, but the rest of them I'd say were pretty damn close in quality.

What about you guys, do you have a favorite?

Deleted
    Rome without a doubt. I just love the Timeperiode and the options it provides.

Come Cavalry bringt it on. My Phalanx awaits you

Deleted
    Shogun 2 is by far the best game however I prefer Rome because you get a much bigger area to fight over.

I haven't played Rome when it was still new, and now it looked and felt slightly dated when I tried. I'm sure I would LOVE Rome 2 though. I voted Shogun 2 mostly because of how polished the game feels and plays. I liked Medieval 2, but it had a few really awkward mechanics that kinda stunted the experience for me - like randomly spawning "rebel" armies, having to micro-manage legions of priests and merchants, several "unplayable" maps (where your army starts on the mountain with no path to the enemy - what fun!). I actually liked Empire for interesting historic period and focus on a different kind of warfare, but the atrocious AI hurt the game a lot.

So far, I would say my favorite Total War installment is Fall of the Samurai.
    The night is dark and full of terrors...

10+ Year Old Account
    As a Byzfan I'm pretty biased so naturally the first and second Medieval games were my favorites.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

Medieval 2, great setting with great mods like Stainless Steel and Third Age. Rome is close second with great mods like Roma Surrectum 2 ect. Rome 2 looks very very good and will keep me hooked for years like the other games in the franchise.

Btw best franchise on PC imo.
    Last edited by ParanoiD84; 2012-07-31 at 08:39 PM.