View Poll Results: Druid or DK for RBG tanking / soloing and casual fun?

Voters
34. This poll is closed
  • Druid

22 64.71%
  • Dk

12 35.29%
    10+ Year Old Account

Question MOP Druid or DK?

Hey guys!
    I can not decide what to play in MoP.
    I love soloing and in Cata DKs are awesome for that. I also love tanking for RBG groups and enjoy casual pvp/raiding.
    There are so many changes that without beta access I can not foresee which class to pick as my main, one that fits better for the above.
    Druid or DK?

Thanks
    Dmon

Bears are also getting a reliable, frequent self heal with Frenzied Regeneration in MoP that should make soloing much easier.

In my opinion, Death Knights seem to have way too many problems on beta, for example, the issues of resource generation. Overall I'm sure death knights will play fine (or at least okay) but there are way too many small quality of life things that make me not want to play mine at all in MoP.

10+ Year Old Account
    I vote druid and atm my main is a Blood DK. I'm rerolling balance/guardian in MOP
    Vexxd

LFG to push 15+ m+,
    maybe streaming @ http://www.twitch.tv/vexxee

10+ Year Old Account
    Druid seems a lot more fun. I just also love that blood shield..Dk is brute force vs the versatility of the druid..
    or this is how I see it at least

10+ Year Old Account
    I love my Death Knight, and won't play another class, but our resource management is just awful right now. I would consider myself an exceptional technical player, but hopefully this gets fixed. I hear good things about Bears and Monks, try one of those!

I can't speak as far as raid type mechanics, but when I look at the "for fun" stuff that my DK is getting and compare that to what Druids (all classes really, but druid and lock especially) are getting, I'm leaning heavily in the direction of a main-change. Thank Jeebus for account wide cheeves and the like.
    But look at how soon we're all forgotten. The abyss of endless time that swallows it all. The emptiness of those applauding hands.

Quote Originally Posted by greech View Post
    I can't speak as far as raid type mechanics, but when I look at the "for fun" stuff that my DK is getting and compare that to what Druids (all classes really, but druid and lock especially) are getting, I'm leaning heavily in the direction of a main-change. Thank Jeebus for account wide cheeves and the like.
    What "for fun" abilities are you talking about exactly? Unless something has changed our new spell (symbiosis) can only be used while grouping. That's fine for 5mans and Raids but the beauty of a feral druid was their ability to solo content. What good is this new ability if I cannot use it 50% of the time? I will agree that some of the new talents show promise but none of them are game changers since Blizz is emphasizing giving players a choice.

I have played a feral/Guardian druid since vanilla but there is little in the expansion that really impresses me. I'm actually debating rolling a monk or switching to my pally for this expansion but I will wait until MoP goes live before I make a final decision. I will say that the tier armor looks pretty sweet right now for druids.

@ OP - if the choice is only between DK and a druid then I would say druid but you might consider one of the other classes as well.
    Last edited by Kioga; 2012-08-01 at 08:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kioga View Post
    What "for fun" abilities are you talking about exactly?
    I have played a feral/Guardian druid since vanilla but there is little in the expansion that really impresses me.
    Was mostly speaking of minor glyphs and the like, but also talents such as Wild Charge in the druid talent tree look like they would be fun to use and I honestly can't see anything in the DK tree that makes me think "oh man, i'd like to use that ability!". That's just my opinion, of course! and having done very little actual testing on the beta myself, I could of course change that opinion once I actually get to do some DKing once MoP goes live.

For the second part, perhaps that is my problem as well, having played a DK almost exclusively since around mid wrath.
    But look at how soon we're all forgotten. The abyss of endless time that swallows it all. The emptiness of those applauding hands.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for all the comments.
    Well, the choice is between these two classes.
    What I am worried of is self healing and overall survivability (guardian)

Deleted
    I will play my DK as main but i leveled a balance druid as backup for raiding. If it is impossible to play melee in the raid encounter i will switch to the balance druid.