Thread: Act 2 farming

Act 2 farming

I see many discussions about farming act 1 and act 3...does anyone farm act 2? I tend to stay in act 2. Ive killed diablo and all that. I find act 3 so tedious as a tank and run into packs that are impossible to kill (every 6th one or so)

I do act 2 pretty fast, dual weilding....time to add MF for act 2 I guess. Anyone else primarily an act 2 farmer? How are you doing it and how has MF gear been within that act?

10+ Year Old Account
    Well I personally hate the whole desert theme and can't stand those damn flies.

So I definitely don't.

Deleted
    I mostly farmed Act2, I found it to be about as fast as Act1, but with better loot. Currently I'm at like 300% MF (including 5 stacks).

The route I usually took was (start with Kulle quest, last subquest):
    - South of Kasim Outpost (west side first) looking for either Lost (or old?) Ruins, Chamber of the Idol ruins or the timed event ruin. When either spawns I usually get 4-5 stacks out of that.
    - If left side is empty I take right, and run down to Road to Alcarnus right after.
    - Kill Kulle (if 5 stacks)
    - Start the Belial event (rescue the citizens), then port back to town and let the timer run while doing other things
    - Quick runabout in Black Canyon Mines
    - Do Alcarnus
    - Do Dahlgur Oasis. Focussing mostly on the right side of the map. Do any dungeon (but skip Forgotten Ruins, haven't found much elites there)
    - Enter Aquaducts and do all 3 sections
    - Port to town and murder Belial.

Mind you I was a WW barb, skipping most if not all white mobs sprinting around zones looking for elites. If I couldn't find any in open zones fast enough I just went on to the next location.

I have been farming A2 alot with my barb. I run with only 609 resist, 32,6k life and 7,7 k armor and 30,8k dmg with frenzy. I use templar in full MF gear and i got 356 mf with 5 stacks. I use a build with Frenzy, Revenge, Overpower, Leap, Wrath of the beserker and war cry. In the start of farming i always had ignore pain, but found out that dps is the key, and you can farm act2 fast in pretty cheap mf gear. With wrath of the beserker i got 77k dmg and can burn the whole pack or atleast 1-2 mobs down on the 15 sec. When i do vault of the assasin i will be on cd on some packs, but again frenzy with maniac rune kills a mob okay fast, and many of the skeletons packs are very easy.
    I always start with finding Vault of the assasin and get the 5 stacks + some packs. Then i go kill Kulle right after and do the rescue people quest since Leah and the other woman will help you until you kill belial. You then got 2 people ekstra for a small ekstra amount of dps.

Gives alot of 63 compared to act 1, and i use it to have some difference in farming. But again people can farm with mf much easier if they can get the dps up.
    Last edited by Onka; 2012-08-01 at 09:17 AM.

Deleted
    I'm farming act 2 too now, it's much faster that act 3, even though the loot is somewhat worse as a DH with 700 resists, 27k life, 304 mf with 5 stacks (don't swap) and 48k damage. I can just tank through most elites with gloom at this point and don't encounter any impossible ones.

It's not as bad as people say either. Vault of the Assassin completely makes up for otherwise scarce elites and Alcarnus is the new "Leoric's manor" with 1-2 guaranteed elite packs and a chance of a goblin.

I plan on starting farming act 3 when I hit 800 all res, 60k damage and at least 30k health though.

Why woudl you skip vault of the assassin in act II lol. crazy good elites in there, packed in there!

Quote Originally Posted by Twiddly View Post
    Why woudl you skip vault of the assassin in act II lol. crazy good elites in there, packed in there!
    If you mena my post i edited it now. I always do VOA first for getting stacks and then get Kulle and do rescue quest so i got Leah and the other woman as ekstra small dps.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Onka View Post
    If you mena my post i edited it now. I always do VOA first for getting stacks and then get Kulle and do rescue quest so i got Leah and the other woman as ekstra small dps.
    Don't use it for getting stacks, Go there after 5 stacks + Kuule then clear out VOA

Quote Originally Posted by -Apathy- View Post
    Don't use it for getting stacks, Go there after 5 stacks + Kuule then clear out VOA
    What does it matter how you get your stacks up if you're going to kill the same enemies anyway?

You can make a game spwn in act 2 f.e. by starting in sirocco caverns for 4-5 stacks , then go VoA.
    If you go VoA first, then find yourself your game has no sirocco caverns spawn ( happens rarely ) then you just lost a lot of potential farming.
    Thats about the only reason I can think of, you are more right than the other imo.
    Same thing with checking act 1 for gold hoarder / goblin in old tristram to ensure some sweet candy at the end.

I primarily farm Act2 with MF switch on my DH. I can handle Act3 fine and often clear without deaths, it's just not worth the time because the mobs take so much longer to kill and I can't skip the trash the same way I can in Act2.

Generally go
    -Black Rock Mines, up to 4 elites in a small area, sometimes a goblin. Then check over the bridge and clear up to another 3 over there (maybe 4?)
    -Road to Alcarnus, over the bridge and check the desert. Sometimes a goblin.
    -Desolate sands (start by Ancient Path as there is sometimes a pack/gob there), sprint around trying to find VOTA, kill any packs I see on the way.
    -Clear VOTA, do ZK and restart. Belial quest is not worth the time even if you can kill him very quickly.

Usually have a 5 stack in about 5 minutes, clear the entire VOTA with a 5 stack + ZK.

Some side dungeons are good for elites too, the ones with the same theme as VOTA.
    Last edited by nightshark; 2012-08-03 at 03:34 AM.