Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Metriss View Post
    I thought about adding this, but I didn't want to worry about it unless someone actually wanted it. The talent picking thing never really worked for me even in 5.4. I picked to load on a spec and it never worked until I reloaded the UI, but think I fixed it so it updates on the fly.

I updated the file (http://www.mediafire.com/download/vm...blws7/JSHB.zip).
    Hopefully there are no bugs. It seems every time I try to add something I end up breaking something else and it takes way longer than I thought. I'm not really a programmer and I've never messed with LUA before this, so... yea. Hopefully there are no bugs. It seems to work fine from what I've tested.
    oh, okay. don't bother if i'm the only one and it takes too much time/effort to do it! it was just a little thing that held me up a little when i re-did my UI. i could also learn to not make ticks for every single spell.

Quote Originally Posted by Ril-gania View Post
    oh, okay. don't bother if i'm the only one and it takes too much time/effort to do it! it was just a little thing that held me up a little when i re-did my UI. i could also learn to not make ticks for every single spell.

I already added it. Just redownload it.

Great work on the addon so far. One thing I noticed (It might be me, if so then apologies) is that the duration for AMoC is still 30s on JSB.
    Quote Originally Posted by Revi View Post
    Stop equating casual to bad, they're two different things.
    Casual refers to time/effort spent.
    Bad refers to skill.
    Your English isn't casual, it's bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Raicky View Post
    Great work on the addon so far. One thing I noticed (It might be me, if so then apologies) is that the duration for AMoC is still 30s on JSB.
    Fixed. It was hard-coded as 30 seconds into one of the lua files I never even looked at (http://www.mediafire.com/download/vm...blws7/JSHB.zip).

Fixed. It was hard-coded as 30 seconds into one of the lua files I never even looked at (http://www.mediafire.com/download/vm...blws7/JSHB.zip).
    Thanks for this. Will you try to take it over on curse for hunters that don't know to check here? I'm just happy to have it working again, the weak aura bar was driving me crazy haha

Hrm... Not working for me. No bar and can't open options either, though the button is on the minimap. Any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Magnumer View Post
    Hrm... Not working for me. No bar and can't open options either, though the button is on the minimap. Any ideas?
    I'm having the same problem. Typing /jshb doesn't allow you to press enter, clicking the button does nothing, and there's no menu on the interface addons tab. What mods are you using, maybe theres a conflict? I'm going to try to only enable JSHB in a bit

Quote Originally Posted by Astheria View Post
    Thanks for this. Will you try to take it over on curse for hunters that don't know to check here? I'm just happy to have it working again, the weak aura bar was driving me crazy haha
    No, I don't think it's good enough for a Curse upload. The original release had translations for everything, and I'm not capable of doing all that junk. I also don't have the ability to fix the other classes the addon supports since I don't have any of them, nor do I have any interest in fixing it for them.

I just put in a lot of bandaid fixes so I could use it for myself, and I only shared it since it seemed like people in this thread wanted it.

I'm having the same problem. Typing /jshb doesn't allow you to press enter, clicking the button does nothing, and there's no menu on the interface addons tab. What mods are you using, maybe theres a conflict? I'm going to try to only enable JSHB in a bit
    I don't know. It works for me without LUA errors, so I have no idea how to fix this unless I see an error. Is it giving you an error? If it isn't loading it must be if you have errors turned on.

I don't know. It works for me without LUA errors, so I have no idea how to fix this unless I see an error. Is it giving you an error? If it isn't loading it must be if you have errors turned on.
    Sorry, here's the LUA error. Let me know if you need anything else.

Message: Interface\AddOns\JSHB\config\options.lua:286: JSHB isn't registed with AceConfigRegistry, unable to open config
    Time: 10/22/14 01:30:14
    Count: 10
    Stack: [C]: ?
    [C]: ?
    ...nfig-3.0\AceConfigDialog-3.0\AceConfigDialog-3.0.lua:1801: in function `Open'
    Interface\AddOns\JSHB\config\options.lua:286: in function `OpenOptions'
    Interface\AddOns\JSHB\config\options.lua:255: in function <Interface\AddOns\JSHB\config\options.lua:250>

Quote Originally Posted by Banbann View Post
    Right now I've just been running recount and all the DBMs. Haven't really bothered setting up some of my others yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Banbann View Post
    Sorry, here's the LUA error. Let me know if you need anything else.

Message: Interface\AddOns\JSHB\config\options.lua:286: JSHB isn't registed with AceConfigRegistry, unable to open config
    Time: 10/22/14 01:30:14
    Count: 10
    Stack: [C]: ?
    [C]: ?
    ...nfig-3.0\AceConfigDialog-3.0\AceConfigDialog-3.0.lua:1801: in function `Open'
    Interface\AddOns\JSHB\config\options.lua:286: in function `OpenOptions'
    Interface\AddOns\JSHB\config\options.lua:255: in function <Interface\AddOns\JSHB\config\options.lua:250>
    This appears to be the same one I'm getting as well.
    Last edited by Magnumer; 2014-10-22 at 06:03 AM.

Hey Metriss!

I really enjoy JSHB and im glad that you put in all that work in this addon.
    However, regarding the "ticks", why not just give as an option to set fixed values? I man, how many buffs are there really that reduce the ability costs that much?

OK, I think I fixed the addon not loading. I think the Ace3 stuff was outdated, but since I had Elvui installed it was using the Elvui Ace3 files or something. I'm not really sure how it works, to be honest.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/vm...blws7/JSHB.zip

Quote Originally Posted by Shaktard View Post
    Hey Metriss!

I really enjoy JSHB and im glad that you put in all that work in this addon.
    However, regarding the "ticks", why not just give as an option to set fixed values? I man, how many buffs are there really that reduce the ability costs that much?
    Almost all focus cost is half during bestial wrath, and I don't see the point of having custom ticks if they don't correspond with an ability, anyway.

I barely put any work into this, by the way. JS put a lot of work into it, I just updated what was broken it since he doesn't seem to be around (and I want to use it). I think he would face palm if he saw how badly I messed up his nice (but now broken) code.

That fixed it! Thanks Metriss. Appreciate the update on the mod!

Just want to thank you Metriss for your work to get JSHB working for hunters (as it was initially intended). If you need some help you might want to put the current code up on github and just open issues (or ask others to open them) as they are discovered. I would be willing to help out if I can. I am not a lua developer, but I have been a software engineer for 6 years now and I could probably help out if I knew what issues needed looking into.

I'm also not a lua programmer, but I'd be more than happy to learn to help keep JSHB alive and well. I was lost (embarrassingly) lost without it.

Bleh still can't post links. Anyway there appears to be an updated JSHB on curseforge, though it's still in beta. Could some kind person post a link for me?

Looks like the author is updating it again? Or did someone else pick up the code and continue.

Should I download the new version and let it overwrite Metriss' changes, or keep the modified version?

Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstormen View Post
    Should I download the new version and let it overwrite Metriss' changes, or keep the modified version?

- Updated Locale files with new phrases (requires translators)
    - Fixed a bug with Indicator frames being removed on Reconfigure
    - Fixed tick marks with hard coded spell costs due to GetSpellInfo() no longer returning spell costs
    - Focus Bar tick marks have the option to use spell icons (Contribution by Metriss)
    I would say update.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstormen View Post
    Definitely update. Unless you want the dual spec thing I added, I guess. I sent him a mail on his server to add the spell icon ticks (I really liked using it, even though I added it in to debug them). I won't be updating anything anymore since he's doing it. I'll delete it from Mediafire too.