Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by wow View Post
    Doesn't really matter dmc double agi still beats even the heroic terror in the mists. And if nothing changes pvp trinkets will be the go to pve trinkets every tier.
    Yup, unless the pvp trinkets are changed to not proc/on use primary stats, the DMC dps trinkets will be worthless. No one will spend tens of thousands of gold when they can just go cap conquest points for two/three weeks and end up with better trinkets for PVE...

Deleted
    They are amazing!

why are all the healers saying their DMC is bad??? do they realise int dosnt provide bonus mana pool?? therefore only mana regen/gaining things are spirit?? so double spirit would be frekaing awsome -_-

loving the new DMC trinkets even though they are pretty dull the stats it gives is pretty insane
    http://oce.op.gg/summoner/userName=dw+soul+roc in oceanic now Lol

5172-1206-0622 pokemon FC Lets Battle!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kioga View Post
    Wait, why is the DMC epic only 476 and the LFR epic 483? Normally crafted epics are on par with the first tier which means LFR should be lower than 476 right?
    I saw this and did some investigating, and in my personal opinion the DMF trinkets are CRAP. Yes, they have a good proc, and a nice primary stat boost, but their ilevel is LOW, meaning a lot of heroic and normal mode trinkets will be better, and the DMF trinkets won't last up to 2 tiers like the Cata ones for instance did. They'll last you long enough to help fill a gap but by the end of the tier you'll have replaced it. So the trinkets won't last long, only for people that absolutely don't raid, or are fresh gearing up or have had terrible RNG getting trinkets.

Now here's the real kicker though.

This is the recipe to make one DMF card. See that Scroll of Wisdom they mention you need 1 of? You can only make 1 a day of those and they are, of course, Soulbound. There is not going to be any mass producing of these cards like there was before, so prices for the trinkets will be sky high. Not in the least also cause those same Scrolls of Wisdom's you-only-get-once-a-day, can be used to make the much more lucrative off-hands and weapons.

So not only are the trinkets lack luster at best, they are also very hard to make, on top of the fact you can still only turn in the decks once every month. With the first DMF only 12 days after expansion release that means we'll probably won't see the first batch of trinkets at a slightly less than insane price 40+ days after release of the expansion.

So, yeah, I don't think I'll be bothering with a DMF trinket this expansion tyvm.
    Last edited by xskarma; 2012-08-05 at 01:51 AM.

While a single Scribe can't make more than a whole deck (let alone 2+) on their own before the first faire, a smart guild would get as many scribes in the guild making them en mass. With there being 18 days til the last day of the DMF from Launch of MoP, even with 3-4 scribes, that would be 54-72 cards. That should potentially allow for 6-9 decks to be made, depending on rate of doubles.

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    So, yeah, I don't think I'll be bothering with a DMF trinket this expansion tyvm.
    Good thing it's beta!

On topic: I believe these trinkets are extremely good if their ICD is low much like the cata versions. Volcano lasted pretty much all the way through the expansion because of the uptime it gave!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ZeroEdgeir View Post
    While a single Scribe can't make more than a whole deck (let alone 2+) on their own before the first faire, a smart guild would get as many scribes in the guild making them en mass. With there being 18 days til the last day of the DMF from Launch of MoP, even with 3-4 scribes, that would be 54-72 cards. That should potentially allow for 6-9 decks to be made, depending on rate of doubles.
    At an ASTRONOMICAL cost. We are talking beginning of expansion here, even if you farm the herbs in guild it will take a very large amount of herbs. I'm pretty sure very few guilds are willing to spend the gross amount of herbs needed to accomplish such a thing just for a handfull of crappy trinkets. My guess is most guilds will go the smart way and invest those herbs into flasks and potions for the whole raid.

Very disappointed with the Healer trinket. IMO it should have base Int and procc Spirit, or vice versa, not just spirit on top of spirit.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon9870 View Post
    Very disappointed with the Healer trinket. IMO it should have base Int and procc Spirit, or vice versa, not just spirit on top of spirit.
    Int doesn't give mana in MoP, so Spirit stacking probably not such a bad idea. Definitely not worth the cost to craft them however.

The trinkets are going to be fine for MoP. For those complaining, why don't you wait and see what Blizz does with the final stats for classes before making judgements. You are simply basing opinions on the way things are now, and not taking into any account what the stats are going to be on the other 16 equipment slots.

For those complaining about ilevel...really? If you are one of those people who think ilevel means a better piece, i feel for you and your raid group. There are still (although only a few) heroic Firelands pieces that are better than many DS pieces for some classes, and I know the hunters in my raid group all STILL use the heroic ragnaros neck over anything from Heroic DS. Ilevel is not always an indication of being better.
    Last edited by 4dahorde; 2012-08-05 at 02:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 4dahorde View Post
    The trinkets are going to be fine for MoP. For those complaining, why don't you wait and see what Blizz does with the final stats for classes before making judgements. You are simply basing opinions on the way things are now, and not taking into any account what the stats are going to be on the other 16 equipment slots.

For those complaining about ilevel...really? If you are one of those people who think ilevel means a better piece, i feel for you and your raid group. There are still (although only a few) heroic Firelands pieces that are better than many DS pieces for some classes, and I know the hunters in my raid group all STILL use the heroic ragnaros neck over anything from Heroic DS. Ilevel is not always an indication of being better.
    They most definitely won't be fine, at least compared to past DMCs, if things stay the way they are on beta at the moment. The conquest PvP trinkets are vastly superior to any of the cards for a DPS class, and tank DMC just flat out sucks for most applications.

And if you don't think item level is at all relevant you clearly don't know what you're talking about. Sure, just because it's 15 (random number) item levels below a normal mode raid trinket doesn't mean it's worse. But it definitely does mean that it will be replaced 15 item levels earlier than it would if it had actually followed the item level trend for trinkets from previous expansions.

Not nearly as many people are going to bother spending significantly more than what they did for DMCs in the past (because of card creation being tied to a daily CD) when they are lower item level and inferior to other trinkets that are easier to obtain.

Druid / Demon Hunter SimulationCraft Maintainer

10+ Year Old Account
    They look like greatness cards. Hooray.

Miss that trinket

healers...really, have you even PLAYED beta?

look at every single tanking DMF trinket that they've ever released UPTO AND INCLUDING this one, then I _DARE_ you to whine about your healing trinket.

Quote Originally Posted by runkel View Post
    Agi users normaly got alot higher crit chanse though?. And it dosent say annything about the proc chanse, maybe the str trinket got lower proc chanse then the agi trinket.
    Quote Originally Posted by felhunter View Post
    geuss that once you crit as an agi user the proc chance will be fairly high.
    while the str one has a far lower proc chance but doesnt require a crit.
    Nice guess, but no. They all have a 20% proc chance, you can find this by clicking on the proc text on wowhead.

Quote Originally Posted by peki View Post
    healers...really, have you even PLAYED beta?

look at every single tanking DMF trinket that they've ever released UPTO AND INCLUDING this one, then I _DARE_ you to whine about your healing trinket.
    Huh? DMC: Tsunami was freaking amazing for the entirety of T11 and up into T12. It was even extremely good in PvP. Unless you're trying to say that healers have always got a good trinket in which case I kind of see your point.

Although, yeah, I get the impression most of the people complaining about the healer trinket don't know how intellect works in MoP for healers.
    Last edited by aggixx; 2012-08-05 at 03:30 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulstrike View Post
    why are all the healers saying their DMC is bad??? do they realise int dosnt provide bonus mana pool?? therefore only mana regen/gaining things are spirit?? so double spirit would be frekaing awsome -_-

loving the new DMC trinkets even though they are pretty dull the stats it gives is pretty insane
    Yeah. I've played beta in MoP. That trinket is amazing because you need a heavy amount of spirit. Int is still good but it doesn't give you more mana. Only thing I see those trinkets changing is the tanking one needs something. I mean it does give you almost 3x the dodge rating, but it doesn't have a passive.

i was basically saying 2 things;

the healers complaining clearly dont know how healing/int works in mop

and tanks have never had a good dmf trinket...

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Now here's the real kicker though.

This is the recipe to make one DMF card. See that Scroll of Wisdom they mention you need 1 of? You can only make 1 a day of those and they are, of course, Soulbound. There is not going to be any mass producing of these cards like there was before, so prices for the trinkets will be sky high. Not in the least also cause those same Scrolls of Wisdom's you-only-get-once-a-day, can be used to make the much more lucrative off-hands and weapons.

So not only are the trinkets lack luster at best, they are also very hard to make, on top of the fact you can still only turn in the decks once every month. With the first DMF only 12 days after expansion release that means we'll probably won't see the first batch of trinkets at a slightly less than insane price 40+ days after release of the expansion.

i agree with this, not to mention the fact you COULD make more cards, but you need like 10 spirit of harmonys per to actually do it.

Quote Originally Posted by runkel View Post
    Agi users normaly got alot higher crit chanse though?. And it dosent say annything about the proc chanse, maybe the str trinket got lower proc chanse then the agi trinket.
    Both say 20% chance (obviously limited by the ICD of the trinket).

The agi one will be worse than the strength one.

according to my first test (agi trinket)
    [11:22:47.179] Muellmann gains Blessing of the Celestials from Muellmann
    [11:23:02.245] Muellmann's Blessing of the Celestials fades from Muellmann
    [11:23:43.788] Muellmann gains Blessing of the Celestials from Muellmann
    [11:23:58.843] Muellmann's Blessing of the Celestials fades from Muellmann
    [11:24:41.958] Muellmann gains Blessing of the Celestials from Muellmann
    [11:24:57.000] Muellmann's Blessing of the Celestials fades from Muellmann
    [11:25:38.584] Muellmann gains Blessing of the Celestials from Muellmann
    [11:25:53.550] Muellmann's Blessing of the Celestials fades from Muellmann
    [11:27:26.129] Muellmann gains Blessing of the Celestials from Muellmann
    [11:27:41.158] Muellmann's Blessing of the Celestials fades from Muellmann
    [11:28:21.560] Muellmann gains Blessing of the Celestials from Muellmann
    [11:28:36.543] Muellmann's Blessing of the Celestials fades from Muellmann
    [11:29:16.655] Muellmann gains Blessing of the Celestials from Muellmann
    [11:29:31.710] Muellmann's Blessing of the Celestials fades from Muellmann
    [11:30:22.001] Muellmann gains Blessing of the Celestials from Muellmann
    [11:30:37.077] Muellmann's Blessing of the Celestials fades from Muellmann
    [11:31:19.781] Muellmann gains Blessing of the Celestials from Muellmann
    [11:31:34.722] Muellmann's Blessing of the Celestials fades from Muellmann
    ~ every 57 sec a proc
    ~ 23% uptime said wol
    Last edited by Arumil; 2012-08-05 at 09:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Arumil View Post
    according to my first test (agi trinket)

~ every 57 sec a proc
    ~ 23% uptime said wol
    Unless you got poor luck, looks like a 55 second ICD with the most frequent proc happening 55.095 seconds after the previous.

Here's the spreadsheet I made to parse it: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...2RaTG42cHBhTUE

By the way, thanks for doing the tests and posting the information to the public. Much appreciated!
    Last edited by aggixx; 2012-08-05 at 10:07 AM.