Thread: Installing GW2

15+ Year Old Account

Installing GW2

Hello Guys,

I have put a fresh Windows7 on my PC and wanted to reinstall the GW2 client.

Is that client the one we will be using for live?

Anyway, when i start downloading it goes nice 3mbps and more, but then after 400mb or so it drops to 0kbps and stays like that.

Anyone knows what this is? .. My side or @ theyr side?

Thanks.
    That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange Aeons even Death may die.

The live client will be the same as the beta (or at least the beta client will be patched to the live client); you won't have to redownload the entire game if you download the current release. As for it stalling, it's hard to tell, you could always try exiting and restarting it. If you're reinstalling GW2 (likely a moot point at this point), you should either (depending on the situation ) back it up before reformatting, or copy from another computer, if at all possible

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.

15+ Year Old Account
    Ye i did exit and restart it, removed it and reinstalled it but doesnt work.

Other games np .. going on for a few days now :/
    That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange Aeons even Death may die.

Make sure that wherever you're downloading it to, you have full read/write/execute permissions and it's not read-only (both at the directory and file level)

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.

Idealy if you still have your GW2.dat from your previous computer/install (aka you backed up that folder) you could just drag that into the new GW2 folder you installed too. all of the game files are in that one file and you could update from there.

Aside from that there was an issue with some folks haveing the DL stall back in june for that BWE. the one link I still have about it is here along with some fixes
    http://www.guildwars2guru.com/topic/...r/page__st__60

Who is John Galt?

15+ Year Old Account
    Nothing is wrong on my part i just know for sure.
    Internet working fine, other games working fine .. game location is fine.
    Have run the launcer als admin, premissions are right @ the disk.
    I think its something on GW2s end, last night i even got a weird error screen with blanco buttons and a check in it.
    When i pressed these buttons it closed the launcher (something like the blizzard crash screen, but then blanco)
    Will try now with Windows XP compability mode, i read in the topic provided above that could help

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azerox View Post
    Hello Guys,

I have put a fresh Windows7 on my PC and wanted to reinstall the GW2 client.

Is that client the one we will be using for live?

Anyway, when i start downloading it goes nice 3mbps and more, but then after 400mb or so it drops to 0kbps and stays like that.

Anyone knows what this is? .. My side or @ theyr side?

Thanks.
    Right click and run as admin, I had similar problems. Running as admin gives the downloaded access to save and edit files in your C: drive.

Are you doing it to ur desktop? That works best I find.