Page 1 of 21
... LastLast
    Deleted

Cataclysm has destroyed raiding

So having almost reached the end of the line (the end of the expansion) I think we can honestly say that Cataclysm has destroyed raiding, destroyed the server's community.

Gone are the days of 25-mans guilds, now most guilds are 10-man since it's the same loot and shared lockout, except you don't really need a guild, pugging works too...

...EXCEPT, players don't even bother, why bother? LFR means you can get the same loot just on slightly lower item level and sometimes different skins.

I've seen many older raiders who quit in WoTLK returning in Cataclysm for some action. They quit shortly after Cataclysm's release, the guilds fell apart. Even guilds that used to be strong in WoTLK (25-man guilds) either disbanded or turned 10-man. Was it worth it? Did the casualization bring back 2 million subs? I doubt it.

10+ Year Old Account
    The first tier was great until they nerfed it, everything kinda went downhill from there :/

10+ Year Old Account
    I heard this same statement at the start of cata. Except is was about wrath. Once mists is no longer new, everyone will be preaching about how great cata was. I've been playing since vanilla. This is said at the end of every xpac...
    Last edited by snodeath; 2012-08-01 at 01:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderaan View Post
    Im mad because change happen.

i completely agree

10+ Year Old Account
    How many pugs were doing 8/8h in January and February? My server has a decent number of 25 man guilds, and even some newer ones prepping for MoP. Also, what is wrong with people who enjoy 10 man raiding? There are a few encounters in Cataclysm that are more difficult on 10 man than 25, and vise versa.

---------- Post added 2012-07-31 at 09:23 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by snodeath View Post
    I heard this same statement at the start of cata. Except is was about wrath. Once mists is no longer new, everyone will be preaching about how great cata was. I've been playing since vanilla. This is said at the end of every xpac...
    This x100. Thats how it works every time. Were always in the worst expansion ever and the ones that we used to hate with a passion are the best.
    <Semi Retired> - Recruiting for 9.2!

You heard at the beginning of wotlk that 25s had problems because of 10 man groups ? I do not remember that to any extent and have to call bs.
    Last edited by cFortyfive; 2012-08-01 at 01:25 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Well, I'll be different, classic raiding was my favourite!

10+ Year Old Account
    This x100. Thats how it works every time. Were always in the worst expansion ever and the ones that we used to hate with a passion are the best.
    While 99% true, I really enjoyed bc and was pretty upset when it was over, mainly because the guild i was in fell apart too :/.

But i know what you're talking about and i agree, it's almost funny
    Last edited by Sound911; 2012-08-01 at 01:26 AM.

So having almost reached the end of the line (the end of the expansion) I think we can honestly say that Cataclysm has destroyed raiding, destroyed the server's community.
    It's odd that you say raiding has been destroyed since players on every server continue to kill bosses and progress even at the 30% debuff mark.

Gone are the days of 25-mans guilds, now most guilds are 10-man since it's the same loot and shared lockout, except you don't really need a guild, pugging works too...
    25man guilds are still considered the top guilds, Pugs are only getting end game content down long after the top guilds are finished farming it.

...EXCEPT, players don't even bother, why bother? LFR means you can get the same loot just on slightly lower item level and sometimes different skins.
    LFR is no where near the same as heroic raiding.

I've seen many older raiders who quit in WoTLK returning in Cataclysm for some action. They quit shortly after Cataclysm's release, the guilds fell apart. Even guilds that used to be strong in WoTLK (25-man guilds) either disbanded or turned 10-man. Was it worth it? Did the casualization bring back 2 million subs? I doubt it.
    Guilds that were used to the "Stand in fire, AoE and win" mentality of LK raiding got a wake up call when blizzard over tuned the first tier of content for cataclysm.

You're argument has no value because you are working from a limited perspective.
    Last edited by phoenixphyre; 2012-08-01 at 01:29 AM.
    "Gauging the health of a game by reading its forums is akin to gauging the health of a community by visiting its hospitals." - Ghostcrawler quoting someone else.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    oh yes, tell me how cata has destoryed 25man raiding when the majority of the top guilds in the world are 25man raiding guilds.

cata didnt destory 25man raiding... wrath pigeon hold raiders into 25mans to get the best loot, the only reason why they did 25mans was to get the best loot. 10mans were just done as a "oh im bored and have a free id, so imma go do 10mans"

when they did the change in cata... people were no longer restricted to loot and size of raid, but people still kept doing 25mans. if they enjoy 25mans they kept doing them, if they didnt like 25mans or didnt have the roster for a 25man they did 10s.

while im not a giant fan of cata, this was the one thing that they did right imo, because on my shitty little server, we could never get the roster for a 25man and ill be damned if the reason im not getting current tier gear is because of a lack of roster.

Deleted
    Only it's not like that at all.

WoTLK was still pretty populated until the end, you should have seen trade chat on a server like Al'Akir (Horde). Lots of raiding including 25-man. Guilds were strong too. (They disbanded by the end of T11 content)

Now?
    Last edited by mmoc8a3727531d; 2012-08-01 at 01:28 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by whoranzone View Post
    You heard at the beginning of wotlk that 25s had problems because of 10 man groups ? I do not remember that to any extent and have to call bs.
    Referring to the title. This xpac has killed raiding. Every expansion people claim it.

Deleted
    Yeah sure did, whatever makes you happy.

10+ Year Old Account
    This time is different!

10+ Year Old Account

WoTLK was still pretty populated until the end, you should have seen trade chat on a server like Al'Akir (Horde). Lots of raiding including 25-man. Guilds were strong too. (They disbanded by the end of T11 content)

Now?
    I can get into a DS run at almost anytime I want on both of my servers, one of them both factions. Maybe you need to consider changing servers.
    <Semi Retired> - Recruiting for 9.2!

Oh for fuck sakes. 25 man guilds still exist, my server has 4 or 5 at 8/8h right now, and at least one for every progression level while DS was new. We even had 5/8h 25 man GDKP runs when the 15% nerf came out.

Cataclysm made the amount of people raiding 10 and 25 pretty close to even, and allowed people to raid in whichever setting they preferred. Boo fucking hoo.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've never said that. I loved WOTLK through all of it, and I loved BC through all of it. Cataclysm is the first xpac that made me no longer want to play WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    Annnnnnnddddddd another one of these. Next?

IMO, This has been an extremly good expansion, with some issues. BC-Grinding/Impossible to see SWP. WOLK-Overly easy 5 mans, Ulduar replaced by ToC way too soon, Cata-Dragon Soul. Other then that, liked it a lot.
    Last edited by Algearond; 2012-08-01 at 01:35 AM.
    For the night is dark and full of terrors

10+ Year Old Account
    This applies to every single thread saying pretty much the same thing...

The players destroyed raiding. No amount of abuse from total arseholes who think they're "it" is worth any amount of time raiding with them.

Now?
    No major games were out during the end of WOTLK. During the end of cata, we're seeing two long awaited games - Diablo 3, and Guildwars (which has been in the beta stages for the past few months). Things died down, ALOT, during the last few months of WOTLK on my realm - I can assure you of that.