10+ Year Old Account

REQ: 24h format, please

We can set timezone, which day the week starts (who use that anyway?) and DST..

However, the forum is stuck on 12h format, which doesn't make sense, as the vast majority of the world, use 24h time.

Can we please have a way of setting it to 24h, to ease the reading of timestamps?

15+ Year Old Account
    It doesn't seem like there's any way to allow it built-in with vBulletin; I'll have to ask about possible alternatives.

It's probably not highest priority, though, so I'm not sure if it will happen.

10+ Year Old Account
    If a selection isn't possible, how about changing it to 24h for all, to accommodate the majority?

I wonder if you go into watch stores and demand all the analog watches have another 12 numbers put on them.
    Last edited by vizzle; 2012-08-01 at 12:16 PM.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just looked it up on the manual:

https://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/options_dateandtime

It does say there should be an option in there/easy way to do this with a php file modification. :S

Format For Time
    Format in which the time is presented on all vBulletin pages.

Examples:
    AM/PM Time Format (eg, 11:15 PM): h:i A
    24-Hour Format Time (eg, 23:15): H:i
    seems to be the standard php date function http://php.net/manual/en/function.date.php
    Last edited by schippie; 2012-08-01 at 01:36 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    That's for internal pages and logs, not for users, as far as I can tell (especially based on the number of people using vbulletin forums who are searching for a similar solution).

Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    If a selection isn't possible, how about changing it to 24h for all, to accommodate the majority?
    Seeing as you're the only one who has ever requested it, I don't think there's any majority.
    Last edited by Sunshine; 2012-08-01 at 01:50 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunshine View Post
    That's for internal pages and logs, not for users, as far as I can tell (especially based on the number of people using vbulletin forums who are searching for a similar solution).

Seeing as you're the only one who has ever requested it, I don't think there's any majority.
    well... Since virtually, no other country than USA (which is only 300ish million people) uses 12h format, I'd say 24h is default.

24h is the norm in all of EU as per derective, and both China and India uses 24h format too, bringing numbers for these 3 regions, well in excess of 3 billion.
    Middle East and Latin America also uses 24h format, adding another 500+ million for a grand total of minimum 3,5 billion people equal to half the world population, opposed to 300 million.

The rest of the world doesn't really matter, as they are not very techonological advanxed, and thus not representative..

Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    well... Since virtually, no other country than USA (which is only 300ish million people) uses 12h format, I'd say 24h is default.

24h is the norm in all of EU as per derective, and both China and India uses 24h format too, bringing numbers for these 3 regions, well in excess of 3 billion.
    Middle East and Latin America also uses 24h format, adding another 500+ million for a grand total of minimum 3,5 billion people equal to half the world population, opposed to 300 million.

The rest of the world doesn't really matter, as they are not very techonological advanxed, and thus not representative..
    I have a feeling that all the people who don't visit these forums don't really matter. If the majority of the world uses 24hr format but the majority of people who visit here don't, the 24hr people are the minority...