Thread: Starting RIFT..

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Waervyn View Post
    Thanks for the reply.

How is 20m raiding in RIFT? In my opinion, 25 man seems to be dieing in WoW, not that many guilds seem to be doing 25 man, as it's frankly just hard to get enough people arriving at the same time, doing their best etc.

Is this problem also there in RIFT, or did the community somehow adapt to 20 man (as they are different from the 10mans)?

Thanks!
    IMO, one of the reasons 25m is falling in WoW is that there is no greater reward for running 25m over 10m. You still get 1 piece of loot per 5 people in run and it is exactly the same loot in 10m as 25m. No real benefit to running 25m and it is easier to get 10 people together than 25. As pointed out in the posts before mine Rift eliminated this problem as the 10-mans are entirely different runs from the 20. They share nothing. So there is actually incentive to run them alongside the 10s.

Deleted
    Thanks for the replies.

One last question for me before I might decide to take the plunge.
    How is the community? One thing I grew tired of in WoW (the short time I played it), was the community. When you were in a dungeon and would wipe, half of the people would leave. People would get votekicked out for no reason and people reply to advice with: 'stfu n00b I f*ck your mom'. Not always of course, but I found this to be highly irritating.

How's this in RIFT?
    Does the community tend to be friendly? I know in every community there will be rotten apples, but on average?

Quote Originally Posted by Waervyn View Post
    Thanks for the replies.
    How's this in RIFT?
    Does the community tend to be friendly? I know in every community there will be rotten apples, but on average?
    Chat channels are broken down into ranges of 10 levels. Ignore the chatter in the noob channels, and expect the occasional troll in level 50 chat, but other than that, you'll rarely have an asshole experience. I've found that good intentions will diffuse any attitude attributed to an accidental wipe. If an undergeared tank is turning a 15 minute dungeon into an hourlong session, well, maybe players will drop group, but it's generally not an all-or-nothing proposition.

Additionally, every class has a form of rez, so you only need one player to survive to get the rez ball rolling... not nearly as time consuming as it is elsewhere.

Well the community question is hard to answer. There is no science behind it.

A lot of the people interested in Rift are older MMO gamers rather than the Wrath of the Lich King+ crowd. If you follow me. You'll often run a dungeon with strangers who say things like, "Asheron's Call was my first MMO" or "This is like TBC" in world chat.

Rift is rather purposefully is made to appeal to that type of MMO player. The ones who like formal raids, a bit of open world progression, Alternative Advancement systems, lengthy dungeons and the like.

World chat is usually quiet or just a few moments of activity via questions, PUG groups or general chit chat. It's pretty rare to see flaming, game bashing or people overly concerned with your opinion on TOR or WOW.

Very common for "rabble-rousers" to get a 'who cares/yawn' on the Wolfsbane, Faeblight or Keeblade servers. Other serves I played on shake out to about the same.

I would say that Rift's player base are rather relaxed. Most hang out with their guild and such.