1. #1

    My litle Ponys or what ever

    could we have some filter option to not show any threads/posts about this subject? this is a video game forum.
    Last edited by Rather; 2012-08-01 at 08:52 AM.

  2. #2
    Are people not keeping the threads on the topic in the off-topic forums? That is what they are for.

  3. #3
    Moderator Shamanic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Cardiff, Wales
    Posts
    11,013
    On the front page you can click forum filters, then untick "Off topic Chat: Fun Stuff", this is the only section I believe which has the one my little pony megathread. If you only want video games sections you can untick all the off topic sections.
    Moderator of Professions & Garrisons | General Discussion | Diablo 3 | Guild Wars 2
    Please take the time to read the Forum Guidelines & Sig Guidelines

    Currently playing: Warlords of Draenor | Diablo 3 | Hex TCG | Heroes of the Storm
    Steam

  4. #4
    I think there aren't too many MLP threads being tossed around. The bronys usually hang around in the big main thread that gets remade every now and then. (I believe they are up at Thread number 8 now.)

    I will never get the MLP hype, but they aren't that bad in comparison to other websites where they post absolutely everywhere just to spite people.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urti View Post
    Seriously this. I'm a high-speed, low-drag, supah-healah. Doling out the feel-goods LIKE A BAWS, keeping everyone shiny, happy and cool. Staying on top of my game, even in a combat situati....THERE'S THAT DAMN GROUNDHOG AGAIN!!!

  5. #5
    They should all be forced to go to the roleplaying forum section since they do have thos "Stories" and obnoxious avatars and signatures

  6. #6
    Herald of the Titans Hargalaten's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    2,585
    i dislike it a lot but yeah, there are just big threads. everything related to MLP is usually only allowed to be discussed in the Main MLP thread.
    and when you come there and discuss you don't like it you get infracted, or yelled at :P

    When you look long enough, Diglett's nose turns into a mouth with 1 tooth!

  7. #7
    Being a rather new Brony (only about 6 months ago), I get where you are coming from with this, Because before I become a Brony I was always slightly annoyed by the constant MLP thread in the recent forum topics, but then I wondered what all the fuss was about... Plus I saw a Fus Ro Dah video of Rainbow Dash... but thats not important!.

    I do agree that it could be a nice feature for non-pony folk to have a filter to stop the MLP thread (1 of the only ones, mind you), but a filter to filter JUST 1 thread would be a bit on the pointless side in all fairness, and very few actually have an account to which they can filter (Or know the filters exist).

    Look on the bright side though, other forums have really really obnoxious Bronies and Pegasistas who will go into any thread that is not about MLP, and troll/flame war the heck out of it and ruin the fanbase by making a bad name for us. Here on MMO Champion, we are all a bit more civilized and stick to (usually) the 1 main thread that gets remade every so often!

  8. #8
    Moderator Remilia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Avatar:ぺこ
    Posts
    8,166
    There used to be an ignore the creator of the thread that would hide the thread from recent thread. That has however stopped working with newer updates. Not to also mention the maker of the new threads are all mods. Which... you can't ignore.

    Current best way is just do as Shamanic said which is to ignore Fun Stuff forum, and yes it should be the only thread aside from the now abandoned one in the media thread.

  9. #9
    Titan PizzaSHARK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Oklahoma, USA
    Posts
    12,528
    It doesn't seem to spill out of the brony thread very much. Turn off avatars and sigs like I do and you don't have to worry about the other stuff, either.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    MMOC IRC!

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by RexalLB View Post
    Being a rather new Brony (only about 6 months ago), I get where you are coming from with this, Because before I become a Brony I was always slightly annoyed by the constant MLP thread in the recent forum topics, but then I wondered what all the fuss was about... Plus I saw a Fus Ro Dah video of Rainbow Dash... but thats not important!.

    I do agree that it could be a nice feature for non-pony folk to have a filter to stop the MLP thread (1 of the only ones, mind you), but a filter to filter JUST 1 thread would be a bit on the pointless side in all fairness, and very few actually have an account to which they can filter (Or know the filters exist).

    Look on the bright side though, other forums have really really obnoxious Bronies and Pegasistas who will go into any thread that is not about MLP, and troll/flame war the heck out of it and ruin the fanbase by making a bad name for us. Here on MMO Champion, we are all a bit more civilized and stick to (usually) the 1 main thread that gets remade every so often!
    A load of this. Bronys here on MMO champ are usually very polite and don't bother other people if they know that they are offended by it. Kudos to you guys.
    In 'Rather's defense though, since the MLP thread is so popular, it is always in the "Recent forum posts" square.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urti View Post
    Seriously this. I'm a high-speed, low-drag, supah-healah. Doling out the feel-goods LIKE A BAWS, keeping everyone shiny, happy and cool. Staying on top of my game, even in a combat situati....THERE'S THAT DAMN GROUNDHOG AGAIN!!!

  11. #11
    Miss Doctor Lady Bear Sunshine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    15,036
    Quote Originally Posted by Shamanic View Post
    On the front page you can click forum filters, then untick "Off topic Chat: Fun Stuff", this is the only section I believe which has the one my little pony megathread. If you only want video games sections you can untick all the off topic sections.
    This is the best way.

    Put a filter on the front page, and don't visit the fun stuff forum, where the only pony-related thread is.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •