Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gruyaka View Post
    At least spend more than 1 minute researching before you make a thread. It took me all of 10 seconds on Google to find multiple articles detailing how the NAACP is against the N-word, and specifically against it being used in rap music.

In fact, the NAACP and other leaders are being criticized for being out of touch with black youth. This thread is based off a false assumption and hence pointless.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...070900609.html
    http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/...-funeral_N.htm
    http://articles.baltimoresun.com/200...-funeral-naacp
    http://sparkaction.org/content/naacp...r-n-word-again
    And yet this thread will go on for 15 pages because it is about the new white man's burden, being upset by meaningless shit and perceived double standards.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Beavis View Post
    And yet this thread will go on for 15 pages because it is about the new white man's burden, being upset by meaningless shit and perceived double standards.
    Actually it's not really a burden and it's not making us upset, alot of people just find it totally ludicrious and honestly quite stupid (myself included) how a racial slur can be used as a word for endearment. I believe the 1st Rush Hour movie even made fun of this on the scene where Chris Tucker used this very term to another black guy and everything was perfectly normal yet when Jackie Chan used it he ended up having to defend himself against a group of black guys. Now you may argue that "It's just a movie, who gives a damn?!" Well, these sort of things aren't just conjured from thin air.... like alot of other stereotypes there is actually some truth behind it.

I work at a warehouse where I hear this term literally atleast 100x a day, and guess what? ALL the people who use this term at my job are black!! /shocker!! Never in my 11 years of working at this place have I heard a non-black person say this word, because if they do it IS considered racist.
    Last edited by Razeo; 2012-08-02 at 07:44 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why do you care what other people call each other?

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Simply because his ''offenders'' can use it within each other but nobody else can use it upon them thus OP is ''offended'' by that in most cases

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by -Apathy- View Post
    Simply because his ''offenders'' can use it within each other but nobody else can use it upon them thus OP is ''offended'' by that in most cases
    Hence the new white man's burden. Unless somebody's got a burning desire to call a black person "nigga" without getting dirty looks, I really don't see why anybody gives a shit about this. I honestly don't.

10+ Year Old Account
    Did you actually read my post? Or are you just that comfortable living with "Hypocrisy" as your theme?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Supajayare View Post
    Did you actually read my post? Or are you just that comfortable living with "Hypocrisy" as your theme?
    I read your post and my question stands. Why do you care? Is your life impacted in any way, shape, or form by this idiosyncrasy of social etiquette?

Deleted
    excuse me, but how can these terms be racist if they're used by BLACK people...?

because they are like jews always threatened by something..

Infracted: Please, keep posts civil and constructive and refrain from making sweeping, negative generalisations about entire ethnicities or cultures.
    Last edited by mmocf558c230a5; 2012-08-02 at 10:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by riseoftheuk View Post
    Serious question, why doesn't the NAACP stand up against the use of racist terms by the black community?

We have all been out and heard black people use the N word towards one another yet if this were to be said by a member of a different race they would cry racism in its highest form. Why doesn't an organisation like the NAACP ask them to stop if they find the terms so offensive? It might not work but they could at least show where they stand on the issue.

Im sick of turning over the channel and seeing a rap video with the N word being used. It just makes me turn over again. Not that I'm a big fan of rap anyway but this nonsense is just stupid. Having one rule for one and not another is idiocy in its highest form and should be clamped down on by the authoritative figures.

What is your view on this?
    Silly you. Non-whites can't be racist, didn't you know that?

These days people are too easily offended. I don't care. I use whatever word comes to me first, if they can't handle it, they can get lost.

---------- Post added 2012-08-02 at 09:21 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    excuse me, but how can these terms be racist if they're used by BLACK people...?
    See, here, he gets it, non whites not racist

(oh man that's so stupid)
    -=Z=- Satan represents vengeance instead of turning the other cheek! -=Z=-
    https://bdsmovement.net/

10+ Year Old Account
    I read your post and my question stands. Why do you care? Is your life impacted in any way, shape, or form by this idiosyncrasy of social etiquette?
    I don't think "caring" and just finding said ethnic group with such comfort to this word that defining it as laughable-hypocrisy is an understatement is exactly the same thing. Like seriously, there are times when I just mentally /faceplam and ask myself "Why even use such a word?" Why not "Buddy" or "Man"? Or make up some other word that associates such a friendship, but really? I mean really?! Like, of all words people use this term?

But no, I could care less whether I hear it 1000 or 1mil times a day....... The fact that the people who use this word just strike me as hypocrits, That is all.
    Last edited by Razeo; 2012-08-02 at 09:24 AM.

If a term is racist its racist, it doesnt matter who uses it, or its not racist is it? The whole point of a racist term is that its derogatory towards a race/culture.

Its like if your best friend is like "Hey fuckface, you look like shit today" compared to the busdriver saying it to you.
    One doesnt have negative connotations to you but the other does.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Supajayare View Post
    Like seriously, there are times when I just mentally /faceplam and ask myself "Why even use such a word?" Why not "Buddy" or "Man"? Or make up some other word that associates such a friendship, but really? I mean really?! Like, of all words people use this term?
    So I guess everyone that calls their friends dickwad, or cuntface, or fucker, or asshole should just stop too?

OK!

I'm actually shocked that this thread has lasted as long as it has but now I'm putting in my 2 cents. Get over it. Why do you care if some people can "use" a word and you "can't"? Why do you feel that you are special enough to be included? This is what's wrong with so many people nowadays; the need to be part of the group. "Well, if they can say/do it, than I should be able to do it tooooo!" (I threw the extra o's on there to illustrate your whining) Just accept that you aren't included and move the hell on. It's not going to affect any aspect of your life to let this fight die.

Quote Originally Posted by ILEM View Post
    NAACP=Niggers Are Always Causing Problems
    And then you have the mental midget who posted this crap. Grow up, kid.

Quote Originally Posted by Xanjori View Post
    If a term is racist its racist, it doesnt matter who uses it, or its not racist is it? The whole point of a racist term is that its derogatory towards a race/culture.
    That's not entirely true. Words are fluid, in that they can mean so many different things. An earlier poster used the example of calling a friend an "asshole" or calling a stranger the same thing, with different results. The term "bitch" is almost universally derogatory but you will often here it bandied about in groups of women, almost as a term of endearment. But let a man use it within ear shot concerning one of them, unless he is already an accepted part of their group, he will come under attack. The same can be said of the word "nigger" or "nigga". It's a socially acceptable word, to a very limited extent. So stop getting all pissy because you aren't part of the group.

Wtf. Words dont mean different things. How you take them is different. Arsehole still means arsehole regardless of who you say it to.

Deleted
    I was looking in expecting a somewhat more interesting question about why this supposed organisation doesn't stop the black community from using racist terms against other communities, while demanding that other communities DO stop using racist terms against the black one.

I don't like being called racial slurs either, but apparently I have to accept it because I am a middle-aged white male and therefor only capable of committing racism, and not being the victim of it.

Guess I was wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Xanjori View Post
    Wtf. Words dont mean different things. How you take them is different. Arsehole still means arsehole regardless of who you say it to.
    Actually words can have a lot of different meanings...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Valleera View Post
    I was looking in expecting a somewhat more interesting question about why this supposed organisation doesn't stop the black community from using racist terms against other communities, while demanding that other communities DO stop using racist terms against the black one.

I don't like being called racial slurs either, but apparently I have to accept it because I am a middle-aged white male and therefor only capable of committing racism, and not being the victim of it.

Guess I was wrong.
    you are ignorant

The boondocks episode where martin luther king JR. was not killed, but merely in a coma then woke up comes to mind reading this. Basically at the end, after seeing what people were doing to all his work, he went off on a rant, I'm sure its on youtube.