Deleted

Character Bio - Aegus Shawson

*This has just been posted and is subject to very minor changes and edits*

Name: Aegus Shawson
    Race: Human (of Lordaeron)
    Class: Argent Champion/Paladin

Profession: Blacksmith, Fisherman, Librarian,
    Titles: of the Argent Crusade, of Ironforge
    Faction: None (The Argent Crusade, but I’m only allowed note created factions)
    Languages: Common/Dwarvish

Personality: a young yet scruffy man, quiet and angry at times, rather pessimistic, often seems to be in a depressive state, is known for being rather wealthy but is very careful with his gold, doesn’t have much of a sense of humour, gets work done that needs to be done, caring to women and children and is well known for his orphanage work, spiteful towards bullies or anyone else who abuse their power, enjoys a good ale and is known for getting rather tipsy very often,

Likes: A good ale with the people he’s close to, quiet days fishing by the river, history and lore,

Dislikes: Loud parties or socializing with strangers, Undeath, dishonorable codes of conduct during warfare, rogues, bullies,

Appearance: Aegus Shawson is a tall and rather muscular young man. His brows give Aegus' face the impression of constantly being angry or focused. Despite hardly ever exercising, Aegus obtained his physique and health through the many struggles he has had to overcome in his life. Although a rather tall and bulky man, Aegus has an extreme amount of stamina, aiding in his long journeys and battles.

Even during a session of drinking ale and mead at a tavern, Aegus often seems depressed, hardly ever laughing. Many of his friends suppose the reason for this is his troubled past and the recent death of his brother.

His hair is dark black and appears unclean and scruffy. Aegus’ face appears very worn for a man of his young age, and he is hardly ever seen without a thick black beard. On his worn face, numerous scars are visible, one of which he claims was caused when a rogue once stabbed him in the face with a dagger. Ever since, Aegus has carried a hatred for rogues and is always cautious around rogues.

Despite Aegus’ scruffy appearance, he can look rather glamorous when he is fitted into his battle armour. On the battlefield and when patrolling Mardenholde Keep, Aegus wears Conqueror's Turalyon's Battlegear. Aegus’ weapons of choice include large swords and war hammers.

Aegus has a home in both Ironforge and Dalaran, and while in either of these cities, Aegus wears rather old, cheap and rugged clothing. Aegus is not the sort for spending money and that is evident in the cloths he wears. Aegus stopped growing at 19, and since then hasn’t even bought as much as a hat. The cloths he wears are usually navy, grey or black, as well as being torn and dirty.

Aegus has gained quite a reputation for his charity work for the orpans of the Alliance. Every year, during childrens week, Aegus takes time out to help the orphans and has gained much respect for it. Despite rarely spending his gold, more often than not, Aegus is seen donating some of his wealth towards the cause of the orphanages.

Living in Ironforge for a decade, most of Aegus' friends are dwarves. It has become a common occurance for Aegus’ dwarvish friends to make fun of his poor knowledge of the Dwarvish language. Despite living in Ironforge for several years, Aegus has been unable to learn the dwarvish tongue and this is something he admits himself.

Even when socializing with his friends in Ironforge, Aegus will never go unarmed. He usually carries a short sword strapped to his belt. Many assume this is because Aegus is a very paranoid man or perhaps suspicious of certain people.

Around Ironforge and Mardenholde, Aegus is often seen carrying books. As a young man, Aegus hung around Ironforge and met an old and wise Dwarf who told him many tales and gave him advise. It’s believed Aegus was somewhat inspired by these stories and has taken a great interest in reading and writing stories himself.

Strengths: Brute strength, Skilled in the ways of the paladin, persistent, extraordinary stamina, speaks two languages, a powerful voice,

Weaknesses: Poor communicator, often acts before thinking (listens to his heart rather than his brain), heavy footed, has often hesitated before ending an enemies life,

History:

6 : Born in Lordaeron (Age 0)

18 : Became an apprentice in blacksmithing (Age 12)

20 : Aegus flees Lordaeron with his brother Aegran under the orders of his father following the invasion of the scourge, and go south towards Stormwind(Age 14)

21: Aegus and Aegran reach Elwyn Forest and take refuge in Goldshire where they are told about the death of both their parents. (Age 15)

25: Aegus decides to embrace the ways of the paladin, being trained by Grayson Shadowbreaker (Age 19)

25 : Aegus’ brother and a number of his closest friends are murdered in Westfall by the Defias Brotherhood. (Age 19)

26: Aegus, along with a number of Alliance heroes raid the Deadmines, avenging his brothers death, defeating the Defias Brotherhood. (Age 20)

27: Aegus takes part in the war against the Lich King in Northrend. Aegus tells a friend his main reason for helping defeat the Scourge in Northrend is to honour the death of his parents. Aegus aids in the battle for the Icecrown Citadel, but is mortally wounded in the battle against Sindragosa and is returned back to Dalaran where he recovers. (Age 21)

28: Following the the Lich Kings demise, Aegus takes an interest in the libaries of Dalaran.

29: Aegus returns to The Eastern Kingdoms. He resides at Mardenholde Keep in the Western Plauqelands and Ironforge on his days off. Aegus works as a guard at Mardeholde where he helps rid of any threats, as well as this, Aegus also fishes in a nearby river where he helps supply food for Mardenholde.

Aegus returned to Ironforge for several weeks to aid in the retaking of Gnomeregon. Following the failure of the first attempt, Aegus returned to his watch at Mardenholde Keep.
    Last edited by mmoc49c884270f; 2012-08-02 at 10:50 PM.

Just a few things to comment on;

First of all, I assume you were part of the raids against the Deadmines and Icecrown Citadel and not had any factual encounter with the lore heavy figures. (I wouldn't count a breath attack of Sindragosa directed at a squad as direct encounter) If that's the case you're fine on both counts. I basically did the same with Khor and the Sunwell.

One thing that stumped me is how can he be agile and heavy footed at the same time?

And, this last point is my opinion, you can scratch the abilities part. Personally I don't like using game terms in an RP and tend to just be descriptive about the skills I use. For example to describe a paladin seal: "He slowly led his extended middle and index finger towards the flat side of his blade. Starting from the hilt, he slowly drew the tips of the two fingers along it, and with his touch the blade started to slowly resonate with a red golden glow. As he was nearing the tip of the blade a faint humming could be heard as if the blade attuned to the magic. As his fingers stopped touching the blade, the light seemed to receed into the blade, empowering it."
    But that is just personal opinion.

Deleted
    Thanks for the feed back, I was actually coming on to remove the agile and speed part from his description.

About the deadmines and Icerown parts: Aegus was basically just a random soldier of the Argent Crusade when in Icecrown. He never got heavily involved in any lore figure, just fought random scourge units. Same goes for The Deadmines, he had no direct contact with Van Cleef, he just aided in defeating random defias brotherhood members.

About the abilities, I only added them as another character bio had them, I realize now they should be scrapped.

Thanks for commenting
    Last edited by mmoc49c884270f; 2012-08-02 at 07:12 PM.

Very solid bio, sir!

My only concern is his title "Of Ironforge"... I doubt non-dwarves bear that title very often. Does your character have it because he owns property in Ironforge, or is it something deeper than that, perhaps because of some service he paid the city? I don't necessarily mean to say remove it, but it seems out of place for a non-dwarf, so fleshing out how he got it might be nice.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by The Madgod View Post
    Very solid bio, sir!

My only concern is his title "Of Ironforge"... I doubt non-dwarves bear that title very often. Does your character have it because he owns property in Ironforge, or is it something deeper than that, perhaps because of some service he paid the city? I don't necessarily mean to say remove it, but it seems out of place for a non-dwarf, so fleshing out how he got it might be nice.
    It's kind of complicated. Basically when he fled Lordaeron and went south, he settled in Ironforge rather than Stormwind. He spent most of his life from 15 onwards living in Ironforge. Most of his friends were dwarves. They thought him to improve his blacksmithing, learn of the history the dwarves are fond of and learn the dwarvish language. He only ever went to Stormwind on rare occasions, one of which was when he took part in a campaign against the Defias Brotherhood.

In Ironforge he's a "local". Although human, most dwarves like him as his personality is simular to the generic dwarf. Aside from aiding in the retaking of Gnomeregon, he hasn't done much to gain a massive reputation in Ironforge, he's just lived and owned a small home there for 10 years. Maybe I should remove it.

Thanks for the feedback.

No no no, it's fine, like I said it's nice to see things fleshed out. The more detail you can muster, the better off your character will be and the better off you will be when roleplaying as your character.