Page 1 of 3
LastLast

MoP Profession Bonuses

There seems to be much confusion over profession bonuses in MoP and I thought a thread where all the bonuses could be compared might be helpful.

This is purely and only about the stat bonuses...... NOT ABOUT FINANCIAL POTENTIAL

Jewelcrafting: Can use 2 Serpent's Eye Gems. Compared to using blue level gems, that is a bonus of +320 Agi/Str/Int or +480 Stam or +320 Spirit or some other combos which could possibly be better for some specs.

Blacksmithing: Socket Bracers and Gloves. Two additional sockets with a potential gain of +320 Agi/Str/Int or +480 Stam or +640 Spirit and some other combos which could possibly be better for some specs.

Tailoring: Cloak Embroidery: +2000 Int, +3000 Spirit or +4000 Attack Power for 15 secs on approx. 1 min cooldown. Averages out to about +500 Int, +750 Spirit and +1000 Attack Power... There already is a +180 Int Enchant and they cannot both be use, so this would give a average bonus of +320 Int. Does not appear to be a spirit cloak enchant and there are other dps (crit and hit)

Engineering: Synapse Springs or Phase Fingers. +1920 Agi/Str/Int for 10 secs/Min.... Averages out to +320 and could even be better if used with other cooldowns or during burn phases. I dont tank, but on use dodge bonus sounds helpful. Also a tinker for gloves to launch fireworks that do damage but sounds weak compare to synapse springs. No spirit bonus and since spirit is being made more important for healers, not sure if engineering is the best for them.

Leatherworking: Fur Lining Bracer Enchants... +500 Agi/Str/Int and +750 Stam... Compared to other available bracer enchants that is a bonus of +330 Agi/Str/Int and +750 stam.. There is a no stamina bracer enchant but there is a dodge bracer enchant so you have to compare dodge vs stam for that one.

Enchanting:Enchant Rings +320Agi/Int/Str/Stam. No spirit enchant for ring and stam is same as other stats.

Inscription: Secret Shoulder Enchant: +520 Agi/Str/Int or +750 Stam.... +320 Agi/Str/Int or +450 Stam compared to shoulder enchants available to everyone else.

Alchemy: Mixology (gives you more stats when under effect of a flask)

Skinning: Master of Anatomy: +480 Crit

Herbalism: Lifebloom: +2880 Haste for 20 secs. 2 min CD. Avg: +480 Haste

Mining: Toughness: +480 Stamina

Please add any additional information if you have it or if beta has changed.

-----

Updated 9/7/12

- Engineering nerfed to equal other professions
    - Skinning/Mining/Herbalism buffed to +480 (probably still weaker than crafting professions for all classes/specs, but much better than before)
    - Spirit enchant for tailors was buffed
    Last edited by Rackfu; 2012-09-07 at 01:29 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Some useful numbers here, thanks. Now I have a good idea what professions I need to prioritise at least.

Anyone have any input on best professions for tanks or healers?

Since Intellect no longer gives more mana, it becomes purely a hps boost and no longer helps regen mana. I assume that means healers will be more even more interested in spirit that they were in Cata.

I assume Blacksmithing and Jewelcrafting will be very good since you have some flexibility on what stats you gem for.

For Alchemy, there is a flask that boosts your highest stat.

In cata, you got a 2hr flask that gave 80int. Although not listed it also gave Draconic Mind + 80 as well.

In MoP, It give a CRAZY 3420 Int, Str, or Agi!!! http://mop.wowhead.com/spell=114786

This is probably isn't final, but if it is true Alchemy just became our number 1.

That's a really nice list. My initial feeling is that the 10 extra points for LW is just an oversight and they'll tweak it down to 320 like the others. Engineering also seems a bit over the top, but OTOH they play it a bit fast and loose with those proc/on-use bonuses. We'll see I guess.

But yeah that Alchemist's flask is obviously wrong and will almost certainly just be 320.

I was really hoping this would be the expansion where they would finally make gathering professions competitive... le sigh.

Yeah, thats why I did not rank Alchemy..... There is just no way that flask bonus is correct...

Anyone on beta with an alchemist toon able to chime in and let us know what bonus the alchemist's flask gives?

What Mixology does is increase the stats of any and all elixirs and flasks you personally drink.

So in a raid you'd use normal flask such as Flask of the Warm Sun and get the 1000 stats plus the Mixology bonus.

The crazy Alchemist's Flask is probably giving more stats then its meant to.
    Since this flask is what Alchemists are intended to keep on themselves outside raids under normal conditions, since they don't have anything else that stays on them all the time.

This is what the old Flask of the North and the cata Flask of Enhancement were intended for.

A BS and JC will be able to provide 640 of mastery, crit, haste, dodge, & spirit, not just 320. That is something the other profs cannot currently do. That will change things significantly for tanks and healers, and I would assume it would also make dps reconsider their gemming strats.

Feral dps might not be affected as much by this since during Cata 1 agi was worth almost 3x that of any secondary stat but we will have to wait and see the new stat weights in MoP.

---------- Post added 2012-08-02 at 11:34 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by LordKefka06 View Post
    Engineering has been BiS for quite a few tiers now, mainly due to Nitro Boots. The wipe prevention & DPS/HPS uptime increase for all three roles, on top of the Synapse Springs, is invaluable.

The next closest would be Leatherworking, due to Drums of Speed.
    That claim is speculation at best and almost impossible to quantify as "movement speed" isn't a tracked variable for comparison. That said, if Blizz leaves the springs as they are now, then yes Eng will be quite OP in MoP.
    Last edited by Kioga; 2012-08-02 at 06:33 PM.

Deleted
    The problem I always saw with Engineering was that you couldn't stack it with Use trinkets. And you wanted to couple your CDs with the on use trinkets, leaving engineering springs to be used without CDs. That, and principaly that I didn't find the springs all that useful for my tank spec, made me not pick it up during Cata. I did switch to JW to LW in DS patch though, since JW fell in disgrace, and drums of speed + changing dodge to sta as warrior in that tier was fairly good.

Right now, I am considering switching LW to JW again, getting BS+JW. As tank, secondary stats may very well be better than sta again. Things are still on the air.
    Last edited by mmoc38db56fadf; 2012-08-02 at 04:25 PM.

Engineering has been BiS for quite a few tiers now, mainly due to Nitro Boots. The wipe prevention & DPS/HPS uptime increase for all three roles, on top of the Synapse Springs, is invaluable.

The next closest would be Leatherworking, due to Drums of Speed.
    Does Drums of Speed stack with other movement buffs? If not, then I really doubt it has much value with all the other speed buffs/enchants out there. Including the guild perk which any top guild will have.

If it does stack, then I see some value in that.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Can you provide your formula and the work for your listed bonus from Tailoring. I'm curious how you got that number as the number I got from breaking it down is lower than what you have listed. Thank you.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rackfu View Post
    Does Drums of Speed stack with other movement buffs? If not, then I really doubt it has much value with all the other speed buffs/enchants out there. Including the guild perk which any top guild will have.

If it does stack, then I see some value in that.
    It does stack.

As per usual Mining remains lame, I really wish Blizzard would do something to make it better.

Why can't the Mining Bonus give like +1250 Stamina?? That would be like combining STR and STAM from LW Enchant and rolling all into Stamina. It would actually be a very decent boost for a Tank (20k Health which in MOP isn't 'Extreme') and would make it much more desirable.

I like having Mining/Blacksmith at the start of Expansions since it has been where I've made most of my money (I hate trying to play the AH). It's extremely frustrating having to re-level mining right before the Expansion drops, then make my money in the first Couple Months, then Re-level Jewelcrafting/LW etc since they are just so much stronger for Raiding.

Deleted
    ^Because you don't get to use both the STR AND the STAM LW at the same time if you are leatherworker.

#alchi flask will be nerfed to 320stats soon
    #eng: synapse will be nerfed down too. probably giving it a cd of 1min30s. Only uncertain thing is if they ever plan of changing the dodge one.
    As it is, STR gives more parry to plate tanks and AGI to dodge ones...
    #i don't see how they could nerf down to size blacksmith other than making the prismatic slots only accept pure gems.

Also, is it just me, or does there seem to be an undocumented beta change to how often Rocket Fuel Leaks occur? Out of about 500+ uses, on the beta, I have only encountered 2 Rocket Fuel Leaks. However, the knock up appears to be happening at the same rate.
    Rocket Fuel leak should happen when knock up cannot- aka raids.

Quote Originally Posted by Slyck View Post
    Can you provide your formula and the work for your listed bonus from Tailoring. I'm curious how you got that number as the number I got from breaking it down is lower than what you have listed. Thank you.
    I was using the formula listed for the Cata tier tailoring cloak enchants... 15 sec duration on a 1 min cooldown.

Is that not correct still?

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rackfu View Post
    I was using the formula listed for the Cata tier tailoring cloak enchants... 15 sec duration on a 1 min cooldown.

Is that not correct still?
    The ICD on the cloak is 64 seconds. The math I have on it is (2000/64)15 = 468.75 - 180 = 288.75 intellect gain

(Proc/icd)buff duration = average - lost stats = Total bonus

This is the formula I used to get my answer. If this is wrong please let me know so I can adjust my number accordingly. Live its 64 seconds and with raid testing with Need to Know enabled, I set up an ICD tracker of 64 seconds and never saw a proc sooner than 65 seconds after the prior proc had fallen off.

Quote Originally Posted by Slyck View Post
    The ICD on the cloak is 64 seconds. The math I have on it is (2000/64)15 = 468.75 - 180 = 288.75 intellect gain

(Proc/icd)buff duration = average - lost stats = Total bonus

This is the formula I used to get my answer. If this is wrong please let me know so I can adjust my number accordingly. Live its 64 seconds and with raid testing with Need to Know enabled, I set up an ICD tracker of 64 seconds and never saw a proc sooner than 65 seconds after the prior proc had fallen off.
    You're likely correct. Using what little info I found, I assumed the ICD was 60, not 64 which gave me 500-180=320

Does anyone consider how fun professions are when just looking at these numbers? Even if Engineering provided the worst bonuses, having a mailbox in a can, a repairbot in a can, a portable anvil/forge, teleporters when not a mage, slowfall when not a priest/mage, ability to see everyone naked, roflcopters, Blingtron, awesome goggles, etc. etc. makes it so worth it to me.

Engineering for life! (And I guess mining so I don't bankrupt myself)

10+ Year Old Account
    Meh, I'd never drop my profs on my main, cause I have a lot of benefit from them, and I like the idea bedhind them + I've gotten a whole lot of the recipes by now, but the Tailoring bonus irks me. It's allready on a random proc, it should have a significant bonus over other professions to make up, not be worse than them. >.<