Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Dunno, but seeing how they think 20520dodge for 10s on a 1min cd is balanced, i would presume it's mighty stuff indeed.
    I want some too !
    Last edited by mmoc6378d51645; 2012-08-18 at 11:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by masteryuri View Post
    I just noticed the Alchemy bonus for the Spirit flask is 480 and not 320. What the hell are they smoking?
    There's a lot of inconsistency in how they are treating primary stats vs secondary stats in profession bonuses. For regular gems, 1 primary stat = 2 secondary stats. Therefore, the regular blue gems are 160 INT or 320 Spirit. That means that the profession bonus for Blacksmithing for a healer that is stacking Spirit is 640 Spirit. However, the JC only gems are only at a 1:1.5 ratio. That means that a Spirit stacking JC would get a 480 stat bonus. For tailoring, the Spirit cloak enchant proc is now 3000 and the Int cloak enchant is 2000, meaning that you average out to +480 Spirit with Tailoring.

I don't understand the inconsistency in stat allocation. The way it is setup now is going to push every hardcore progression healer into going Blacksmithing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tibbee View Post
    There's a lot of inconsistency in how they are treating primary stats vs secondary stats in profession bonuses. For regular gems, 1 primary stat = 2 secondary stats. Therefore, the regular blue gems are 160 INT or 320 Spirit. That means that the profession bonus for Blacksmithing for a healer that is stacking Spirit is 640 Spirit. However, the JC only gems are only at a 1:1.5 ratio. That means that a Spirit stacking JC would get a 480 stat bonus. For tailoring, the Spirit cloak enchant proc is now 3000 and the Int cloak enchant is 2000, meaning that you average out to +480 Spirit with Tailoring.

I don't understand the inconsistency in stat allocation. The way it is setup now is going to push every hardcore progression healer into going Blacksmithing.
    Not to mention the other professions don't even have any spirit bonuses perks with them. Like Engineering or Inscription, the professions I intended to use on my mistweaver monk, but now I'm not so sure about them anymore.
    Last edited by mmoc67e7f8beac; 2012-08-19 at 01:59 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tibbee View Post

Aren't the JC specific serpent eye spirit gems 480 spirit? The bonus is only 160 spirit per gem compared to regular 320 spirit gems, which makes it a +320 spirit bonus for Jewelcrafting overall. So basically:

Jewelcrafting = +320 spirit
    Tailoring/Alchemy = +480 spirit
    Blacksmithing = +640 spirit

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daverid View Post
    As per usual Mining remains lame, I really wish Blizzard would do something to make it better.

Why can't the Mining Bonus give like +1250 Stamina?? That would be like combining STR and STAM from LW Enchant and rolling all into Stamina. It would actually be a very decent boost for a Tank (20k Health which in MOP isn't 'Extreme') and would make it much more desirable.

I like having Mining/Blacksmith at the start of Expansions since it has been where I've made most of my money (I hate trying to play the AH). It's extremely frustrating having to re-level mining right before the Expansion drops, then make my money in the first Couple Months, then Re-level Jewelcrafting/LW etc since they are just so much stronger for Raiding.
    At this point in the game, I don't even understand why blizz does not give everyone gathering skills right at level 1. Any semi-serious raider isn't even going to bother with a gathering profession, and most guilds won't take a new raider with a gathering profession as well. So considering how much farmers muck up the economy the first few months of an xpac, I just think it would make more sense to allow everyone the ability to gather.
    What doesn't kill you, only makes you stranger

updated some of the changes since original post

10+ Year Old Account
    Useful info. Thanks for putting it up for us.

Quote Originally Posted by paraalso View Post
    Aren't the JC specific serpent eye spirit gems 480 spirit? The bonus is only 160 spirit per gem compared to regular 320 spirit gems, which makes it a +320 spirit bonus for Jewelcrafting overall. So basically:

Jewelcrafting = +320 spirit
    Tailoring/Alchemy = +480 spirit
    Blacksmithing = +640 spirit
    So I am rerolling Mistweaver in MoP ... just to confirm I can get +640 spirit via blacksmithing due to getting 2 extra 320 spirit gems via the bonus correct ?

I wanted to take Tailoring but since I don't like proc based enchants / trinkets ect

How does Alchemy work in terms of offering a static 480 spirit increase instead of 320 like all the other professions ???? I know that alchemy gives you more of whatever kind of flask you are using but how does the math work for say a spirit flask ???

Any help / clarification would be greatly appreciated

I still dont like the mining bonus as a pally thats probably not going to tank. But i like mining
    Thanks OP.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by masteryuri View Post
    I just noticed the Alchemy bonus for the Spirit flask is 480 and not 320. What the hell are they smoking?
    All professions that provide a secondary stat bonus provide 480 of the secondary stat, except blacksmithing. Blacksmithing provides 640 of the secondary stats and is not balanced at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Nostradamuz View Post
    So I am rerolling Mistweaver in MoP ... just to confirm I can get +640 spirit via blacksmithing due to getting 2 extra 320 spirit gems via the bonus correct ?

I wanted to take Tailoring but since I don't like proc based enchants / trinkets ect

How does Alchemy work in terms of offering a static 480 spirit increase instead of 320 like all the other professions ???? I know that alchemy gives you more of whatever kind of flask you are using but how does the math work for say a spirit flask ???

Any help / clarification would be greatly appreciated
    All crafting professions have the protential to give a 320 primary stat bonus, except maybe tailoring. If you decide you want int instead of spirit as an alchemist, just switch flasks.

320 primary stat bonus or 480 secondary stat bonus(if available) seems to be the standard, except blacksmithing which I already said is not balanced.
    Last edited by Freia; 2012-09-11 at 03:03 PM.

IDC to read thru and see if mentioned yet, but if history repeats and epic gems are eventually added to everyone's benefit, Jewelcrafting Bonus is less in comparison to every other profs bonus...seems to be overlooked.

Deleted
    What's the 2 best professions for pve as of now then?

15+ Year Old Account
    So what's up with Drums of Speed? Do they still stack with other movement speed buffs?

Quote Originally Posted by Fincher View Post
    Like I know a Warlock who has Herbalism and he is in World top10 DPS on numerous Throne of Thunder Fights.
    Armory or it didn't happen

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dangg View Post
    So what's up with Drums of Speed? Do they still stack with other movement speed buffs?
    yep, 10 chars

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kalo View Post
    yep, 10 chars
    Thank you seems like clearly the 2nd best profession after Engineering to me then.
    I wonder why not more top guilds have it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dangg View Post
    Thank you seems like clearly the 2nd best profession after Engineering to me then.
    I wonder why not more top guilds have it.
    they do when they need it. but they usually have enough druids as well.