Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Got a huge amount of spirits of harmony and I don't know what to do with them.

I need help with my situation. The last 2 months or so I've been doing my farm everyday in 4 of my level 90s, primarily farming motes of harmony. Now is the point where I'm trying to decide what to do with them.

I've got about 261 spirits of harmony right now across my 4 level 90s of which two have useful professions (Leatherworking and Enchanting).

Should I buy stuff from the spirits of harmony vendor? Like exotic leather (which goes for 110g per stack), or golden lotus (140g per 2 golden lotus) or should I buy spirit dust and mysterious essence to create enchants and sell those on the AH? OR should I buy exotic leather and create leg armor with them on my leatherworker? (They go for about 500-800g per leg armor)

Or would it benefit me more to level up let's say tailoring and create lots of bags?

Any help would be appreciated

I would sell bags simply because it's easier to sell a lot of them.

10+ Year Old Account
    But i'd have to level up tailoring in order to do that. Also, how many bags would I be able to create? o_O

10+ Year Old Account
    Best way is to make a mix of all of the above. Going "all in" on one would only just flood out the market.

Or bags, bags is a great idea.
    Steve Irwin died the same way he lived. With animals in his heart.

by cooking tokens and sell black pepper and other things like that from the food vendor in halfhill.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler

If you are trying to AE tank and a bad dps is attacking the wrong target and dies, we call that justice.

The answer to your question is in your AH. See what niches are open and make that. Since you are Spirit wealthy, set your prices low to move them fast. I'd try a diverse approach at first, and then replace as they sell.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Emfg View Post
    But i'd have to level up tailoring in order to do that. Also, how many bags would I be able to create? o_O
    Assuming you farm the windwool cloth and just use the spirits for the imperial silk with no c/d: 7, though that would mean having all the spirits on the tailor, which is unlikely.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ViridianCC View Post
    Best way is to make a mix of all of the above. Going "all in" on one would only just flood out the market.

Or bags, bags is a great idea.
    Was thinking of this aswell, but that'd take extremely long tho

Quote Originally Posted by Carusun View Post
    Assuming you farm the windwool cloth and just use the spirits for the imperial silk with no c/d: 7, though that would mean having all the spirits on the tailor, which is unlikely.
    I've got about 2k windwool cloth from leveling and about 60 spirits on my mage (who would be the one to get tailoring).

@Ghostskull, I looked up on my auction house and the most expensive mats would be golden lotus and exotic leather but idk if they sell that well seeing as I'm on Horde Outland EU, which isn't that much of an active part of the server.

10+ Year Old Account
    On my main enchanter (spirits usles) i use all for tolvir arhelogy.

And yes i stil didnt get a mount/pet
    Don't sweat the details!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    A) hold on to them until 5.4, we MAY see them being made BoA, or even BoE.

B) failing that, turn them into materials. The amount of gold invested in Tailoring will be a detrement to selling 28 slot bags, which may or may not sell depending on the server.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

10+ Year Old Account
    Which materials generally sell quite well? And which enchants? I'm asking this more of in a general manner, like... in general which materials and enchants sell well?

10+ Year Old Account
    We can't tell you specifically and generalizations really aren't that useful. . We're not on your server and your server's economy is likely different than our. You can use theunderminejournal.com to do soe research on your realm's trends. On my server some of the crafted gear is useful so for you LW look at that. Sadly, there's really no substitute for digging in and saying "OK, I have X SOH on my LW, does crafted gear that needs SoH's sell well? Is it worth doing that vs converting the SOH into a mat?" and similar thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by Emfg View Post
    I need help with my situation. The last 2 months or so I've been doing my farm everyday in 4 of my level 90s, primarily farming motes of harmony. Now is the point where I'm trying to decide what to do with them.

I've got about 261 spirits of harmony right now across my 4 level 90s of which two have useful professions (Leatherworking and Enchanting).

Should I buy stuff from the spirits of harmony vendor? Like exotic leather (which goes for 110g per stack), or golden lotus (140g per 2 golden lotus) or should I buy spirit dust and mysterious essence to create enchants and sell those on the AH? OR should I buy exotic leather and create leg armor with them on my leatherworker? (They go for about 500-800g per leg armor)

Or would it benefit me more to level up let's say tailoring and create lots of bags?

Any help would be appreciated
    I'm currently saving my SoH in case 5.4 allows them to become tradeable. If not then any character I have that doesn't have something worthwhile to craft with them (LW leg kits and 5.4 crafting patterns assuming they use SoH) will probably just purchase Golden Lotus or Trillium Ore.

I was thinking of buying golden lotus with mine but there are so many options it's hard to decide...

I stock spirits on my main(with max archy), so I exchange them for archy boxes that I then use to buy tol'vir boxes for a chance at the damn mount! =p

I just buy whatever I need at the time. If my Snakeroot farms yield more of one color of Trillium, I buy some from the Spirit vendor on a character with excess Spirits (mostly my Enchanter/JC). I avoid spending them on stuff I can easily get on my farm or elsewhere (cloth and leather).

Quote Originally Posted by Descense View Post
    On my main enchanter (spirits usles) i use all for tolvir arhelogy.

And yes i stil didnt get a mount/pet
    Step 1: Buy a Mantid Artifact Sonic Locator
    Step 2: Enter Uldum and see if you have Tol'Vir sites, if not...
    Step 3: Re-enter Uldum to see if any have spawned now, repeat as often as needed

The item completely re-shuffles all digsites (on all continents) when you change zones, it's the fastest way to get Tol'Vir solves by a very, very long shot.

The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I've been thinking about what the heck to do with my Spirits, I have enchanting/Eng but i wanted something usefull to spend them on, never thought about the Archaeology aspect before

Deleted
    Primal diamonds.

On my server I don't have problems selling 100 primal diamonds during one busy evening. People buy them in packs of 5 (uncut) and singles (cut).
    As far as 5x green gem mats go, they are either stupidly cheap in auction house (not much higher than vendor value) or you get a ton of them prospecting the ores, which is what you are doing anyway as JC.

This is the highest gold per spirit I could find, one spirit nets about 300-500 gold in pure profit, depending on mat and metagem prices.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    I am exchanging the majority of my SoH for Golden Lotus. These then either go to my Transmute alchemist along with raw green gems from my JC to make more raw blue gems or they go to my Elixir alchemist to make flasks. I tend to make a decent profit on the cut orange gems depending on the time of the week that I sell them.

Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    A) hold on to them until 5.4, we MAY see them being made BoA, or even BoE.
    Even going BoA would drop their value significantly, as people would shift them to crafting alts. If they go BoE, value would drop like a rock.