Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    As big as the Star Wars franchise is, it was kinda niche to remain established as a sub based MMO for long. Like others have said don't really know why there needs to be a winner or a WoW killer, people should just play whatever the want and enjoy it.

Quote Originally Posted by Treeskee View Post
    As big as the Star Wars franchise is, it was kinda niche to remain established as a sub based MMO for long.
    Interesting. You think the SW franchise is smaller than Warcraft franchise? I'd think most of today's adult gamer generation practically grew on Star Wars

I don't know why so many people get so over excited and happy. Unless you have a stock in sub's. It's not like you are getting a cut of profit from Blizzard. What happened when TOR launched? You got the annual pass, free 60 dollar game, free pet and access to beta and early content. Had it not came out the same time you would have never gotten this.

If they're is no one out there. They can push content out as slowly as they like. It serves no purpose to be cheering at the decline of a game. Every video game is in decline even wow.

If you're just talking about EA's line about how they are hoping to get some of the market from WoW, yeah WoW won way back in Janaury. WoW's subs that quarter were basically stable to before ToR came out and ToR's player base shrunk after the first month and hasn't really made a come back. Not to say ToR is done, but in EA's fight to claim some of WoW's players, yeah they lost.

10+ Year Old Account
    nothing will kill WoW besides blizzard itself. everytime a game goes F2P or they lose X number of subs its "ZOMG THE GAME MUST SUCK ASS CAUSE THEY LOST SUBS AND NOW ITS DEAD! WOW WILL LIVE FOREVER!!" IIRC, WoW has had its share of sub loses too. damn near 2 million last year wasnt it? and just because a game goes F2P doesnt mean its dead (see DCUO).

as far as ToR either a success or failure, that is a personal opinion. i love the game to death since SW has always been my first sci-fi/fantasy love.

so, i will continue to pay the sub for the game since i already am and can afford it atm.

SWTOR failed cuz EA touched it, and it wanted to kill wow. In MMO if your goal is to "kill" wow, you will fail. GW2 is making an awesome MMO so far (which has a good possibility to kill wow), but GW2 is not about killing wow. GW2 is gonna be what wow should be by now, a good Free to play game. PTP is a dying style. Tbh WoW should be FTP already, but you know how money hungry those bastards are (I am talking about Activision, and Blizzard, they dont have enough money).

A successful MMO will not look for how to kill WoW, that mindset will doom the MMO. Frankly I do not know how can you play WoW today, how in the retarded world can people still have fun in such an old and crappy MMO? What would happen to you "WoW" lovers if blizzard just shut the game down? Probably panic and go on strike to reopen the game cuz you got nothing else to play or to do. <---- I really want to see that, but I know it will never happen. Once you quit WoW, you will realise how boring it is and bad it was.

10+ Year Old Account
    There was no real competition between WoW and SWTOR. SWTOR has the Star Wars fans, WoW has the Warcraft/MMO fans. Certainly there's some overlap, but I'm sure there are a vast number of players in SWTOR who are there because it's Star Wars. The competition would only be in the intersection between the two circles, if this was a Venn Diagram and even among them, many of them might be paying for both subscriptions at once.

If SWTOR failed, its BioWare's fault. Or more likely EA, as BioWare has proven to be a competent company time and time again.
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by Lolman View Post
    SWTOR failed cuz EA touched it, and it wanted to kill wow. In MMO if your goal is to "kill" wow, you will fail. GW2 is making an awesome MMO so far (which has a good possibility to kill wow), but GW2 is not about killing wow. GW2 is gonna be what wow should be by now, a good Free to play game. PTP is a dying style. Tbh WoW should be FTP already, but you know how money hungry those bastards are (I am talking about Activision, and Blizzard, they dont have enough money).

A successful MMO will not look for how to kill WoW, that mindset will doom the MMO. Frankly I do not know how can you play WoW today, how in the retarded world can people still have fun in such an old and crappy MMO? What would happen to you "WoW" lovers if blizzard just shut the game down? Probably panic and go on strike to reopen the game cuz you got nothing else to play or to do. <---- I really want to see that, but I know it will never happen. Once you quit WoW, you will realise how boring it is and bad it was.
    GW2 and WoW target different audiences. Doubt GW2 will make much of an impact in WoW sub numbers at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolman View Post
    Glad I'm retarded because I still gain some entertainment out of WoW. This just in: people have different tastes than you.
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by Ashnazg View Post
    GW2 and WoW target different audiences. Doubt GW2 will make much of an impact in WoW sub numbers at all.
    Correct me if I'm mistaken didn't wow lose 2 million sub's and on the market to sell it's majority 61 percent on the open market for a few months now? This thread quickly turning into a wow vs tor thread. Every game out there is suffering. It's a video game as a whole. You shouldn't cheer at the decline of a game. You should encourage their growth.

And TOR isn't dead. Just because they selected a new model doesn't mean they are done. GW2 is using this very same model when it comes out later this year. Every game is virtually doing that.

10+ Year Old Account
    And when SWTOR goes F2P, I win because I'll reactivate my account.
    Putin khuliyo

Deleted
    General Off-Topic is not the correct forum for this kind of thread. A thread on this subject would be more appropriate being made in the Sw:ToR dedicated forum, found here: http://www.mmo-champion.com/forums/3...e-Old-Republic

Typically a thread would be moved to the proper location but, seeing as there are already active threads open in the SW:ToR forum discussing the notion of TOR going f2p, it makes more sense to simply close this thread. Especially considering its potentially inflammatory title.