Off-Hand Question

After what feels like years of waiting finally acquired the Dragonfire Orb (during a PuG run no less) however a Priest in the group wanted to roll on it (to which he was denied, thankfully). The Priests argument was that the Heroic Ledger was BiS off-hand for all casters, including my Warlock, and that therefore he should be allowed to roll on the Dragonfire Orb. Thankfully the rest of the group sided with me, however I checked the numbers and the Heroic Ultraxion off-hand does have 30 more Intellect than the Dragonfire Orb, however there is a loss in secondary stats.

I calculate 267 secondary stats on the Ledger (including reforging out of Spirit) and 386 Intellect (including epic gem, enchant and bonus)

While Dragonfire Orb has 336 secondary stats but only 350 Intellect (including epic gem, enchant and bonus)

I guess my question is, is 69 extra secondary stats on Dragonfire worth the 36 Intellect lost from the Heroic Ledger?
    Last edited by Xandy; 2012-08-02 at 03:23 AM.

Deleted
    If the other stat you reforge into is worth more then 0.5 of int it is.
    Sim it to be sure, but i think the orb is better

10+ Year Old Account
    With BiS (or near BiS) setup, with Rath MH, the Heroic Ledger is better.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...8#post17030898

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post16744654

The difference is negligible.

The ledger may be a fraction of a percent better but the difference is so small it's not worth caring about it.

Yea I didn't think it would be much of a difference if at all, thanks for the info. I'll just stick with the Orb since Spirit users usually take priority over me when rolling on the Ledger anyway.