Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Squirrelbanes View Post
    It's nice personally for me that it won't go live in the middle of the night like everything else has done.
    And thank God they're actually synchronizing it.
    Good news
    /hug to east coasters.
    Hugs don't fix our problems!

Quote Originally Posted by grandpab View Post
    Hugs don't fix our problems!
    Drink whiskey in the afternoon. Pass out at around 8. Wake up at 2:50. It's all win

Quote Originally Posted by Squirrelbanes View Post
    Drink whiskey in the afternoon. Pass out at around 8. Wake up at 2:50. It's all win
    I don't get home from work til about 5-6 sometimes, so I might just have to go to bed as soon as I get home, and then wake up around 1:30 and just stay up til saturday night lol...I would wake up at 2:50 but if they open the servers early there will definitely be at least 1 name I really want that I'll lose.

Quote Originally Posted by grandpab View Post
    I don't get home from work til about 5-6 sometimes, so I might just have to go to bed as soon as I get home, and then wake up around 1:30 and just stay up til saturday night lol...I would wake up at 2:50 but if they open the servers early there will definitely be at least 1 name I really want that I'll lose.
    Yh....much safer to just not sleep
    You could get someone to reserve it for you. They can delete it then you can grab it a day later.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ain't nothing wrong with taking a short nap before launch. Even 2-3 hours could keep you going for a long time. You need to get one of these: http://www.thinkgeek.com/product/8f1a/

Does wonders for me, but I've noticed that my body has trained itself to get up when it needs to get up, or at least get up to somebody saying my name.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Now I need a timezone/system clock independent countdown clock.
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kryos View Post
    Now I need a timezone/system clock independent countdown clock.
    www.gw2status.com
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    Ain't nothing wrong with taking a short nap before launch. Even 2-3 hours could keep you going for a long time. You need to get one of these: http://www.thinkgeek.com/product/8f1a/

Does wonders for me, but I've noticed that my body has trained itself to get up when it needs to get up, or at least get up to somebody saying my name.
    I now need one of these.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    That clock is not clock/time zone independent!

But I found one:
    http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...+Wars+2+launch
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!

10+ Year Old Account
    It was time zone dependent for me. O_o
    Or rather, the countdown timer completely has nothing to do with time zone because, regardless of time zone, the headstart is in 23 days and about 6 hours.

No idea why yours claims it started. Sounds like your PC clock is wrong. Does the date of your computer happen to be August 25th?
    Last edited by DrakeWurrum; 2012-08-02 at 01:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by PonyCannon View Post
    3AM for me which means I'll be waking up about 4 hours earlier than usual
    Or going to bed 18 hours later !

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm going to request the 25th and 6th off from work. It actually works out better for me because I work night shifts, so I'll get off at 8:00am get home and stay up until 11:00am and then sleep until 7:00pm. Then it's game time!

Also, regardless of where you live, the game will launch 12:00am PST. This means if you live on the east coast, like me, then the game REALLY launches 3:00am for you. You don't have to wait, though. Pick up your copy from GameStop at 12:00am anyway and get it DL'd on your PC (if you did physical copy). After you have it DL'd it'll start patching at 3:00am.

At least that's how it worked for me when I played WoW, maybe ANet has a better system in place.
    Last edited by Cuchulainn; 2012-08-02 at 01:12 AM.

Deleted
    Hm if it's exactly same time for release day, then starting 9 in the morning and store opens at 10 =/ Perhaps I need to prepurchase anyway? Can't decide now :P

Deleted
    i know this sounds a silly question but, is there a way to predownload the game if you have prepaid it?

Quote Originally Posted by Rather View Post
    i know this sounds a silly question but, is there a way to predownload the game if you have prepaid it?
    Yes.

OT: 9 in the morning? Whyyy, then I can even get a perfect amount of sleep! They really had Sweden in mind.

Hmmmmm. If I can figure out how to get off work an hour early I can make it...........

Deleted
    Just a question, wouldn't it be better to write the topic as 12 midnight?
    12AM means nothing (12 is niether AM nor PM), and is ambigious so before I actually pressed the twitter link I had no idea if it was 12 noon or 12 midnight it meant.

Heh poor americans, the night gonna be tiring. Here however? 9am? oh boy the day will be glorious.

Quote Originally Posted by azthal View Post
    Just a question, wouldn't it be better to write the topic as 12 midnight?
    12AM means nothing (12 is niether AM nor PM), and is ambigious so before I actually pressed the twitter link I had no idea if it was 12 noon or 12 midnight it meant.

In North America midnight is commonly known as 12 AM to differentiate easier from noon, which is 12 PM. The only other way to tell if it's midnight is by using standard military time as 00:00, which is in the twitter link that was posted.

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    9 AM for me God, ANet I love you.