If I pre-purchase can I pick up the physical box 3 days in advance?

I "only" have 115GB per month DL limit from my ISP, and I'll have to be doing a lot of dl'ing in August, and GW2 would simply shatter my monthly limit by itself.

If I pre-purchase in store and they receive the physical boxes by August 25th, can I go ask them to give me my box so I only have to download the additional updates that weren't included on the CD? I will pre-purchase from EB Games.
    Last edited by ElvenArcher; 2012-08-01 at 06:28 PM.

I do not believe so.

Gamestop for instance says "Release date 8/28/2012" Says nothing about early access.

I believe the only way to get early access is to download it.

They're letting people that ordered physical copies get in early access by downloading the client, giving them a key and then on the 28th they will receive their box, which will kinda be useless imo, unless you ordered the collectors edition.
    Last edited by iCandy; 2012-08-01 at 06:34 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ElvenArcher View Post
    I "only" have 115GB per month DL limit from my ISP, and I'll have to be doing a lot of dl'ing in August, and GW2 would simply shatter my monthly limit by itself.

If I pre-purchase in store and they receive the physical boxes by August 25th, can I go ask them to give me my box so I only have to download the additional updates that weren't included on the CD? I will pre-purchase from EB Games.
    Its about 15 gb.

You could of downloaded most of that (beta client) anytime before now without even pre-purchasing. Unfortunately today is the 1st of the month, so will now count for august.
    Last edited by mmoc3f9c23ccd2; 2012-08-01 at 06:40 PM.

Deleted
    Do u have any friend whos played in beta , and have gw2 of their hard drive ?
    Copy-paste it on ur pc and will work like a charm (or will need some agjustments ):P
    Last edited by mmocd9c65c8d53; 2012-08-01 at 06:47 PM.

The disc most likely isn't going to have any of the patching files, and it will only have the .exe to begin patching through the internet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Plzbegentle View Post
    Do u have any friend whos played in beta , and have gw2 of their hard drive ?
    Copy-paste it on ur pc and will work like a charm (or will need some agjustments ):P
    This is likely your best bet.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by grandpab View Post
    The disc most likely isn't going to have any of the patching files, and it will only have the .exe to begin patching through the internet.
    I pre-purchased from a retailer, and I got a box containing a paper disc with a code on it to start the download. I.e. not even the .exe to start downloading on a disc.