Thread: healers in MOP

Deleted

healers in MOP

actually not a wrong section
    meant to title this as "healers and pvp on the ptr/mop"
    anyway

I am currently doing alot of pvp on the ptrs with a priest (disc/shadow), a paladin and a rogue.
    And like everyone i`ve noticed that cataclysmic gear + pvp power and resilience makes my toons proper strong, specially hybrids cause of healing.
    I was just wondering if it would scale properly at lvl 90 or we will be gibed in a single global like cataclysm ?

Personally i`d rather not see it change much because i loved how strong resilience was in TBC and am loving the ptr (even though i acknowledge that 50% base resi is a tad much) also considering what ghostcrawler said and i quote
    "you shouldn't be killing healers just by dpsing and interrupting them, you should have to run them out of mana"
    how will they balance this with healers that don`t use mana (holy power, energy mistweaver monks) or "it will be fine once we reach 90"
    Last edited by mmoc0aa45d37f2; 2012-08-01 at 09:03 PM.

Deleted
    well ghostcrawler van suck it , i ain't gonna wait till a druid or a pala goes on 0 mana or a priest when his base mana is 250k or what ever...GG i want to burn him / interrupt him the fuck down...but well healers are OP anyway in 1v1 so

atm on beta they are heavly tweaking things for pvp, one patch people die in globals, next no on dies. I would like to think blizz is actually trying to balance things but between their track record and the increased healing none healing specs are doing, not to mention some of the ridiculous abilities I have doubts

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bany View Post
    <snip before stuff>
    how will they balance this with healers that don`t use mana (holy power, energy mistweaver monks) or "it will be fine once we reach 90"
    Energy-use for monk healing does not exist (unless you count Expel Harm on a 30sec CD). They are more like paladins in a sense, since they use chi (like holy power) generated through mana-consuming abilities to perform certain heal spells.

I saw a similar post earlier, they linked this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eHdj-...3&feature=plcp

Right now in beta arena matches are lasting 20+ min commonly because you can't burst people at all, u need to chain cc the healer perfectly or run them oom, can't burst the healer because they can out heal 2 dps no prob. even between cc as long as they aren't oom.
    Last edited by Raar; 2012-08-02 at 02:25 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Raar View Post
    I saw a similar post earlier, they linked this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eHdj-...3&feature=plcp

Right now in beta arena matches are lasting 20+ min commonly because you can't burst people at all, u need to chain cc the healer perfectly or run them oom, can't burst the healer because they can out heal 2 dps no prob. even between cc as long as they aren't oom.
    My main concern is this, blizzard said that they don´t want people to have 35 min matches, and having to do heavy CC to be able to burst people like tbc, in a nuttshell the tbc model is not what they aim for.

But right now, there are SO manny interupts, silences, and abilities that interupt casting (like deathgrip, knockbacks, gouge etc) that it has become annoying and not very fun to play a healer in pvp since all you can do is use instant abilities.
    If this model doesn`t work as well..how will they find an in between ? i just don`t see any other way, either people are tough, or people get interupted constantly or people get blowned away like glass

Well, I understand the need to have healers not get soloed or completely blown up by two dps. Otherwise they would be useless. You should be able to handle 1 dps safely, but it will be a resource drain. You should be able to handle 2dps with cooldowns and peels. You should get blown up by three without help.

What it used to be in 2v2 was that you had to force mana usage to run them OOM then you could get a kill. So the game became how to peel so you can get drinks. Then it became how can we CC the healer and blow up a DPS. Then every DPS under the sun got healing and it became, CC something to force cooldowns and then wait to CC chain again when they have no cooldowns.

The model I think that applies right now is the last one. Most comps and matches rely on forcing cooldowns through pressure/CC and then taking advantage of them next time your cooldowns are up and their are not. Lower level it is possible to simply get someone out of position, but higher level I think it is much harder to win because someone is in the wrong place or over extended.

I think I would like the game to be more in between. I should be able to force heavy mana usage and win that way, or if I get a good CC chain I should be able to take down someone assuming they don't get help. I would much rather play the game where matches are 20 minutes and requires good coordination to run the healer dry than some games now where you die in a smokebomb because you are out of cooldowns.