View Poll Results: How do you think your nation is doing this Olympics?

Voters
251. This poll is closed
  • Fantastic!

79 31.47%
  • Better than I expected

21 8.37%
  • About what I expected

78 31.08%
  • Worse than I expected

24 9.56%
  • Terrible!

19 7.57%
  • I'm not watching the Olympics

30 11.95%
Page 1 of 8
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

How do you think your nation is doing this Olympics?

How do you think your nation is doing this Olympics?

You don't have to post your country if you don't want to. Just curious what people think.

Deleted
    Britain's doing about as poorly as I always expect them to.

USA is doing Fantastic!

Well, Canada has 5 so we are on track to do what we normally do of around 15 medals. It is a bit depressing to see that the States and China could stop competing entirely and they still would have more medals then us by the end of the games.

15+ Year Old Account
    US is doing as I expected, fantastic. Which option do I pick Fuzz? #badpollisbad I love China being a huge powerhouse in the Summer Olympics now. Its nice having another country able to push massive medal numbers to compete against the US for the best overall performance.

I'm Canadian. Gotta admit I haven't really been following the Olympics, but I just checked and it seems we're terrible at this.

10+ Year Old Account
    not rly watching but i bet fantastic ^^

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    US is doing as I expected, fantastic. Which option do I pick Fuzz?
    So pick Fantastic??

A little bit worse then expected I guess, a lot of the ones that was expect to do decent has flopped, I did not really have a lot of expectations though and some of our best athletes are injured and can't participate.
    The nerve is called the "nerve of awareness". You cant dissect it. Its a current that runs up the center of your spine. I dont know if any of you have sat down, crossed your legs, smoked DMT, and watch what happens... but what happens to me is this big thing goes RRRRRRRRRAAAAAWWW! up my spine and flashes in my brain... well apparently thats whats going to happen if I do this stuff...

Deleted
    Britain are doing alright. Disappointed that Ainslie, Cavendish and Armistead weren't able to deliver gold, but those are the only events I feel we could have won. Hopefully the velodrome will improve our standing, and if we can get some boxing medals that would be great.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think we're a couple down from where we should be, but we've picked up other non gold medals that we weren't expecting. Swings and Roundabouts.

I'll stave off my opinion till we've gone through the rowing and velodrome, and even then we've still got boxing, individual eventing in Gymnastics and various T&F potentials.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

About what I expected (i.e. not great), although there was a huge surprise today from the Men's Tennis doubles!
    Couldn't believe they beat the Swiss Olympic champions. And of course kudos to them!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by CHALET View Post
    Britain's doing about as poorly as I always expect them to.
    Britain tends to do reasonably well in the olympics, and really isn't doing too badly at all so far. The management of the games so far, whilst not perfect, has been pretty good too. So this is a fairly stupid comment in my opinion.

The United States is first in gold medals with 46 and 1st in overall medals at 104. So the United States did really good.
    Last edited by anveena; 2012-08-12 at 11:40 PM. Reason: final medal count update

Quote Originally Posted by Creeper View Post
    I'm Canadian. Gotta admit I haven't really been following the Olympics, but I just checked and it seems we're terrible at this.
    Canada makes it up for always doing great in winter Olympics
    3930K . RIVE . 2x 7970 . Cosmos II . AX1200 . 3x Dell U2312hm
    Computer Setup / DH / huntard

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Creeper View Post
    Umm, what? Considering our population size and our geographical placement, we're doing just fine. We have 6 medals as of me writing this. Keep in mind we had the most golds at the last Winter Olympics too.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sooba View Post
    Umm, what? Considering our population size and our geographical placement, we're doing just fine. We have 6 medals as of me writing this. Keep in mind we had the most golds at the last Winter Olympics too.
    I wouldn't take the opinion of someone who isn't watching very seriously.

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzzie View Post
    I wouldn't take the opinion of someone who isn't watching very seriously.
    You're probably right. There's also this odd Canadian habit of underplaying any of our national strengths with the exception of being "nice guys". Or perhaps he's gotten used to our Winter Olympic medal hauls? At any rate it is nonsensical to think that we'll have the same absolute medal total as a summer-climate country with 3 to 50 times our population.

great 1st place in gold

Will be missed ~

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    i suppose im a tad un patriotic cause i havent watched them since '96 when they were in atlanta. i dunno they just dont do anything for me =(