Deleted

What can I expect from this computer?

Hi all im kinda noobish when it comes to computers i just wanna know what i can expect from this, will i be able to play wow / bf3 on ultra without any fps issues, and how long do you think this computer will be "good"? Thanks!!

Cooler Master CM 690 II Advanced Black
    Cooler Master GX Lite 600W PSU ATX 12V V2.3, Standard, 1x 4+4 CPU, 1x Floppy, 2x Molex, 2x 6+2pin PCIe, 6x SATA
    Intel® Core i5-3450 Processor Socket-LGA1155, Quad Core, 3.1Ghz, 6MB, Boxed w/fan
    MSI B75MA-P45, Socket-1155 m-ATX, B75, DDR3, 1xG3-PCIe-x16, SATA 6Gb/s, USB 3.0, VGA, DVI, UEFI
    Kingston ValueR. DDR3 1333MHz 8GB, CL9 Kit w/2x ValueRAM 4GB DDR3
    ZOTAC GeForce GTX 670 2GB PhysX CUDA PCI-Express 3.0, GDDR5, DVI-D+DVI-I, native-HDMI, DisplayPort
    Samsung SSD 830 Series 128GB 2.5" OEM SATA 6Gb/s (SATA3.0) 520MB/320MB/s read/write, Basic Kit
    Sony Optiarc DVD±RW Writer, AD-5280S SATA, DVD±R: 24x, DVD+RW: 8x, DVD-RW: 6x, Bulk, BLACK

please help!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jera View Post
    Hi all im kinda noobish when it comes to computers i just wanna know what i can expect from this, will i be able to play wow / bf3 on ultra without any fps issues, and how long do you think this computer will be "good"? Thanks!!

Cooler Master CM 690 II Advanced Black
    Cooler Master GX Lite 600W PSU ATX 12V V2.3, Standard, 1x 4+4 CPU, 1x Floppy, 2x Molex, 2x 6+2pin PCIe, 6x SATA
    Intel® Core i5-3450 Processor Socket-LGA1155, Quad Core, 3.1Ghz, 6MB, Boxed w/fan
    MSI B75MA-P45, Socket-1155 m-ATX, B75, DDR3, 1xG3-PCIe-x16, SATA 6Gb/s, USB 3.0, VGA, DVI, UEFI
    Kingston ValueR. DDR3 1333MHz 8GB, CL9 Kit w/2x ValueRAM 4GB DDR3
    ZOTAC GeForce GTX 670 2GB PhysX CUDA PCI-Express 3.0, GDDR5, DVI-D+DVI-I, native-HDMI, DisplayPort
    Samsung SSD 830 Series 128GB 2.5" OEM SATA 6Gb/s (SATA3.0) 520MB/320MB/s read/write, Basic Kit
    Sony Optiarc DVD±RW Writer, AD-5280S SATA, DVD±R: 24x, DVD+RW: 8x, DVD-RW: 6x, Bulk, BLACK

please help!
    Overall a solid build. However, I think the B75 chipset is designed for companies or something. No overclocking but has certain features like remote virus scanning or blocking of undesired USB devices. At least I read so.

One thing that sticks out is that your graphics card is quite a bit more high-end than your CPU. I'd suggest you go the other way round if you want your system to be fine for a longer period of time as your CPU + motherboard is the base of your computer and a graphics card is always easy to replace. Generally you'd want a strong CPU that lasts long and a mid-range to low high-end video card that you replace regulary. That way it's more comfortable for you. I'd go with a stronger CPU, like the 3570K, for example (which you could also overclock) and change the GTX 670 to a Radeon 7950. It's similar regarding performance but a lot cheaper. You probably won't notice the difference anyway, unless you play everything on ultra on 2560x1440+. You could also go for a Radeon 7970, which performes better than the GTX 670 for about the same price.

Best price/performace ratio is shown by the Radeon 6870 at the moment which still pulls 50+ FPS on Crysis 1 at 168x1050 with 4x AA.

A great mainboard fitting your needs, also good at overclocking, would be the Asrock Z77 Extreme 4.
    Last edited by mmoc05ec9a3aca; 2012-08-01 at 08:01 PM.

Switch the CPU to the i5 3570k. if you'll be able to run BF3 Ultra with good FPS, depends on your resolution. 1920x1080 60hz - yes.
    Playing since 2007.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Flobaer View Post
    Overall a solid build. However, I think the B75 chipset is designed for companies or something. No overclocking but has certain features like remote virus scanning or blocking of undesired USB devices. At least I read so.

One thing that sticks out is that your graphics card is quite a bit more high-end than your CPU. I'd suggest you go the other way round if you want your system to be fine for a longer period of time as your CPU + motherboard is the base of your computer and a graphics card is always easy to replace. Generally you'd want a strong CPU that lasts long and a mid-range to low high-end video card that you replace regulary. That way it's more comfortable for you. I'd go with a stronger CPU, like the 3570K, for example (which you could also overclock) and change the . It's similar regarding performance but a lot cheaper. You probably won't notice the difference anyway, unless you play everything on ultra on 2560x1440+. You could also go for a , which performes better than the GTX 670 for about the same price.

Best price/performace ratio is shown by the Radeon 6870 at the moment which still pulls 50+ FPS on Crysis 1 at 168x1050 with 4x AA.

A great mainboard fitting your needs, also good at overclocking, would be the Asrock Z77 Extreme 4.
    Thanks but i cant change that much the computer will be prebuilt and i can make some adjustements on a website but i cant choose whatever i want

Would ASUS P8Z77-V LX be a good replacement for the B75?

Quote Originally Posted by Nab View Post
    Switch the CPU to the i5 3570k. if you'll be able to run BF3 Ultra with good FPS, depends on your resolution. 1920x1080 60hz - yes.
    Thanks

Deleted
    Thanks but i cant change that much the computer will be prebuilt and i can make some adjustements on a website but i cant choose whatever i want

Thanks
    http://data.boomerang.nl/n/n0nsens/i...obama-copy.jpg

10+ Year Old Account

Thanks
    Heck yeah, but only if you're also upgrading the CPU to i5 3570K for it's overclocking and grabbing a CPU cooler...as you can see, the price can very quickly stack up.

@ those telling him to upgrade his CPU to i5 3570K and dropping the GPU down, keep in mind that in BF3 an i5 3450 + GTX670 will comfortably beat an i5 3570K + HD7950. Even in multiplayer BF3 relies far more on the GPU than CPU. nVidia cards are simply superior for BF3, pretty much every review proves it.
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial View Post
    Heck yeah, but only if you're also upgrading the CPU to i5 3570K for it's overclocking and grabbing a CPU cooler...as you can see, the price can very quickly stack up.

@ those telling him to upgrade his CPU to i5 3570K and dropping the GPU down, keep in mind that in BF3 an i5 3450 + GTX670 will comfortably beat an i5 3570K + HD7950. Even in multiplayer BF3 relies far more on the GPU than CPU. nVidia cards are simply superior for BF3, pretty much every review proves it.
    A "low" CPU, strong GPU combination might be more benefitial short term but in the long run a strong CPU is more benefitial with changing your GPU regularly. If the only thing the PC will ever do is run Battlefield 3 then sure, go for 3450 + 670. But balance a whole computer just around one game is a bit naive. You'll eventually want to play other games as well, which might not benefit from nvidia that much more. Nothing wrong with nvidia, I prefer them myself, but they are extremely overpriced at the moment. If you have enough money or don't care about it: go for a GTX 670 (or even better 680 in that case) and 3570K (or better 3770K).

Battlefield 3 with a 7870/7850 @ DX11, Ultra mode,4xMSAAAA enabled, 16x AF enabled, HBAO enabled,Level: Operation Swordbreaker

Keep in mind you can overclock 7xxx well.
    Last edited by mmoc05ec9a3aca; 2012-08-01 at 10:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Flobaer View Post

One thing that sticks out is that your graphics card is quite a bit more high-end than your CPU. I'd suggest you go the other way round if you want your system to be fine for a longer period of time as your CPU + motherboard is the base of your computer and a graphics card is always easy to replace. Generally you'd want a strong CPU that lasts long and a mid-range to low high-end video card that you replace regulary. That way it's more comfortable for you. I'd go with a stronger CPU, like the 3570K, for example (which you could also overclock) and change the GTX 670 to a Radeon 7950. It's similar regarding performance but a lot cheaper. You probably won't notice the difference anyway, unless you play everything on ultra on 2560x1440+. You could also go for a Radeon 7970, which performes better than the GTX 670 for about the same price.

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/...ew,3200-4.html
    http://www.videocardbenchmark.net/high_end_gpus.html

For the most part the 670 out performs the 7970 in most aspects unless you are going for super high resolutions.

Deleted
    Everyone saying the 3450 is low-end.... COME ON
    It is only 300 MHz slower than the 3570, but it cant be overclocked. At the very least it is mid-end, and will probably last just a couple of months less than the 3570 (due to ocing on the 3570)

If you dont plan to OC the CPU (which cant) the B75 chipset is good enough, its the low end of the new chipset series.

The original build looks good, however as stated befor if you can switch to the Z77 mobo, also try to switch to the 3570k