Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Minecraft patch 1.3 released

+ Single-player now runs a server internally
    + Publish the single-player instance to LAN
    + Automatically detect LAN worlds in multi-player screen
    + Added “cheats” option in single-player (enables commands)
    + Added “bonus chest” option to give players a quicker start in a new world
    + Added adventure mode (work in progress)
    + Added trading with villagers
    + Added emeralds, emerald blocks and emerald ore
    + Added cocoa beans to jungles
    + Added the Ender Chest
    + Added tripwires
    + Added new creative mode inventory with search functionality
    + Made it possible to gain enchantment orbs from mining ore and smelting
    + Added writeable books
    + Added “large biomes” world type
    + Added temples to jungles and deserts
    + Added chat settings
    + Added option to turn off and view snooper data
    + Added more information on the debug screen (F3)
    + New launcher with “Play Demo” button if not premium user
    + Added /seed command to see map seed
    + Added /defaultgamemode to set default game mode in a world (affects new players)
    + Added /debug command for profiling
    + Added SRV record lookup support
    * Decreased max enchantment level from 50 to 30
    * The /tp command can now send players to a specific coordinate
    * Mobs can spawn on flat surfaces (such as up-side-down stairs)
    * Updated language files
    * Mobs are much less likely to glitch through blocks
    * Server list can be reordered
    * Nearby items in the world will auto-stack
    * Stars are smaller and brighter
    * Sky color in The End has been changed
    * The “pick block” functionality has been improved
    * Certain items that previously wasn’t stackable can now be stacked
    * Hill biomes are slightly taller
    * Wooden log blocks can now be placed side-ways
    * Wooden half-blocks now act as wood
    * Water slowly drips through leaves during rain
    * Minecarts and boats will be placed by dispensers, if possible
    * Gravel texture has been modified
    * Levers can be placed in the roof
    * Creepers’ explosions damage is now modified by difficulty
    * Performance improvements
    * Other bug fixes…
    - Removed Herobrine
    i find interesting more the Trading, the Emeralds, the Ender chest and the new temples

andnd i think they improved the interface options?
    You will not be forgotten, Eleanor / Steam ID / DeviantArt page / YouTube / Twitter

10+ Year Old Account
    But still no unified modding API. They need to stop adding content to the game, because they suck at that, and focus entirely on supporting modding. Let the modders add content, you guys just worry about making it possible to use those mods.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    But still no unified modding API. They need to stop adding content to the game, because they suck at that, and focus entirely on supporting modding. Let the modders add content, you guys just worry about making it possible to use those mods.
    Im happy with the changes even though i only played for 20 minutes on a fresh map to check it out.

I definitely support adding a modding API for those who wish to mod easily, but I must say I found it pretty easy to mod the game using the JDK with MCP/Eclipse and honestly it will help you learn some programming since it's in Java. But then again I've been using C++ for a while now and I liked gaining some practice with Java and it definitely helps with learning some OOP basics as long as you play with it and actually want to learn it.

Edit: A great way to get started is by using this guide. It will help explain things along the way if you have never programmed before and if you have programmed before it's a great reference!

10+ Year Old Account
    It is nearly impossible for a business to rely on it's customers to make the content. They have to put out their own content on a semi-regular basis. None of the stuff people make as mods is signed or approved by Mojang, and if they want to implement it, it needs to go through rigorous testing first. They ARE working on a more modular modding API, however they can't make that their entire focus.

Large biomes are ENORMOUS.

Try the seed Ventura with large biomes. You will spawn underwater, with a small single island with 2 trees nearby. It's in the middle of a proper Ocean biome.

Try to escape that island (if you can get there without drowning). A group of friends and I did... the ocean, in at least one direction, was almost 16 THOUSAND units wide. It was a long, epic boat trip to find a proper continent.

And when we did, we hit a desert that seems to go on for infinity.

Good Update overall.
    Lots of improvements and lots that they still need to work out with working on the code and improving as they go. The modding API is their main project at the moment to get out for the next Patch to those wondering. Really like the Features they added for additional building options like the sideways wood blocks, sandstone stairs, wood colored stairs.
    The new dispensers are also awesome! Makes making a lava cooker or water harvesting so much better. The Multiplayer side of things got drastically improved I feel, but Single Player took a small hit to make it that way.

Thanks,
    Kryllyk

Deleted
    * Wooden log blocks can now be placed side-ways

YESSSS!

yes I know, it does not take much to make me happy...

Slabs and the logs are way too much better

also, tried the Large biomes option and daaaaamn, you can seriously die if you don't have anything on deserts
    You will not be forgotten, Eleanor / Steam ID / DeviantArt page / YouTube / Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post

Try the seed Ventura with large biomes. You will spawn underwater, with a small single island with 2 trees nearby. It's in the middle of a proper Ocean biome.

Try to escape that island (if you can get there without drowning). A group of friends and I did... the ocean, in at least one direction, was almost 16 THOUSAND units wide. It was a long, epic boat trip to find a proper continent.

Hmm, we usually have biomes 3000 blocks or so wide. Nothing too much bigger.

Now if I could find a large mushroom biome...
    Quote Originally Posted by Henry Ford
    Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably why few engage in it.
    This explains a lot.

ventura it is not working
    Did you see me lay down the law?
    I am the law Givaaaaa!!!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirandrack View Post
    You probably did 'ventura' and not "Ventura". Just did it myself and it was good.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirandrack View Post
    Just made a single player game to make sure, and it's working fine. Be sure to capitalize it correctly: Ventura

You start in the ocean at x: 68, z: 440, and the island in question is a swim away at x: 160, z: 560.

Just made a single player game to make sure, and it's working fine. Be sure to capitalize it correctly: Ventura

You start in the ocean at x: 68, z: 440, and the island in question is a swim away at x: 160, z: 560.
    aha, i see, all i got was a giant snow biome
    Did you see me lay down the law?
    I am the law Givaaaaa!!!!!

Luckily for you, the plan is to implement the API in 1.4.

Found another desert extension at x -60, z 520 ish. It leads in to mainland and to a forest, or it might just be a map glitch because there was a map loading error line. A huge wall coming up where desert snapped to ocean. I also found a bunch of items laying on the ground on that desert... did someone die there?
    This explains a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by BoomChickn View Post
    Found another desert extension at x -60, z 520 ish. It leads in to mainland and to a forest, or it might just be a map glitch because there was a map loading error line. A huge wall coming up where desert snapped to ocean. I also found a bunch of items laying on the ground on that desert... did someone die there?
    I only gave you the seed, not my server info. :P I don't see how there could be a bunch of items where somebody died on your blank single player seed. Also checking in single player creative, there's definitely nothing but ocean at those coordinants. A couple of other lonely, caveless, treeless islands, but other than that, just ocean. So you either loaded a totally different map or are having some kind of error.
    Last edited by Herecius; 2012-08-05 at 09:56 PM.

I only gave you the seed, not my server info. :P I don't see how there could be a bunch of items where somebody died on your blank single player seed. Also checking in single player creative, there's definitely nothing but ocean at those coordinants. A couple of other lonely, caveless, treeless islands, but other than that, just ocean. So you either loaded a totally different map or are having some kind of error.
    Was probably an error. Yes it was single player.

Yay screwed up map generation!

Edit: made the world again with the same seed, no more desert. Weird.
    Last edited by BoomChickn; 2012-08-06 at 02:08 AM.
    This explains a lot.

Deleted
    Emeralds for foooooood!!!