Page 1 of 2
LastLast

I love WoW, but the people in the game get to me (my expereince)

ten thingy
    Last edited by shizukarose; 2012-11-09 at 10:09 PM.

This will sound like a joke but it really isn't, I for a starting point would stop calling them friends. After that you need to realise that anyone in your life who is truly a friend would never treat you the way those people have been. It is always easier to give advice than be the one who has to follow it so all I can really say to you, if I was in your position I would move on with life and find new people/players/friends to play with.

As you do not want to leave the server (which btw would probably not help much anyway as these days they can always see/talk/whisper/chat to you via alts,realID, facebook etc etc), I would look at a new guild for a fresh start and not get involved with any of the silly arguements/conversations. Keep to yourself and move on and meet new people, however that doesn't mean cut everyone out of your life, but just make them do the work if they want to keep in touch with you, but always keep those at arms length that have hurt you in the past until such time they earn your trust again.

All easier said than done, and I appreciate how hard your situation is, you just need to be strong to yourself, there are always new people out there to meet.
    Keeping everyone happy is impossible.

good troll

Infracted
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2012-08-01 at 09:45 PM.

Thank you for the help. I just feel like I should just stop even making friends in the game. Everything went bad when I started calling people in a video games friends and began trusting them

Quote Originally Posted by soulzek View Post
    good troll
    *feeds biscuit*

Don't post pointless posts in response to flaming or trolling. Report it and move on
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2012-08-01 at 09:50 PM.

Move on tbh, your friends don't deserve you. I'm in this position sometimes, i'm there for friends but they aren't there for me, etc etc, and it hurts pretty bad. Just move on and forget about them.

ten thingy

Quote Originally Posted by shizukarose View Post
    I'm not trolling. I would have posted this on the wow forums but I;m unsubscribed.
    Mod (red text) wasn't replying to you. Reply was regarding the "biscuit" post and related earlier infracted post.
    Last edited by skillym; 2012-08-01 at 11:27 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not trolling. I would have posted this on the wow forums but I;m unsubscribed.
    The infraction and message wasn't in regards to you. It was referring to soulzek's post.

ten thingy

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh okay ty
    I have to agree with the others. They're not your friends. Really, "online" friends are never truly your friends in the first place, unless you meet them in person and get to know them for real. Anyone can be...anything online.

ten thingy

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't get how some people can play and form all these bonds and have fun? Do you just have the draw the line at playing buddies?
    Bonds are formed, but they're not the same kind of bond you have with someone you've known all your life, in person. It just can't be the same. Don't get me wrong, I am "friends" with everyone in my guild, and I've met a good portion in real life. I know they care about me, and I care about them...to a degree. But they're not the same as my best friend(s) who I know in real life, who've been with me through thick and thin.

ten thingy
    Last edited by shizukarose; 2012-11-09 at 10:10 PM.

Whenever I meet emo's like that, I avoid them...
    I mean, you play to have fun. Is how he acts fun in any way?

I got some friends, we met up irl once and a few i know for years, we'll meet up one day when we get in the neighbourhood.
    Online friends can be friends, you just need to know you're only friends for as long you play together . Things change often irl and game...

10+ Year Old Account
    Well I personally try to get along with others, you heard something and you've been vocal about it. This is to me a matter of privacy intrusion, you shouldn't be critical about people's personal lives even if you consider yourselves to be best of friends, if they're not comfortable with your insights about specific subjects, try to avoid those subjects. I'd like to quote Bunk from the wire when he told McNulty: "There you go. Givin' a f*ck when it ain't your turn to give a f*ck."

This is not what I expected from the title.

The problems you described have nothing to do with WoW. That's just interpersonal drama, occurs everywhere there are human beings
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2012-08-02 at 01:26 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't get how some people can play and form all these bonds and have fun? Do you just have the draw the line at playing buddies?
    If you suddenly lost all your money and were homeless would they let you move in with them? If the answer in no then they are not your friend. For the future I recommend staying out of others love lives as well even if they are your friend. Unless they are putting themselves in danger it is not your place to judge or interfere.
    Last edited by leaks; 2012-08-02 at 01:29 AM.
    "Terror, darkness, power? The Forsaken crave not these things; the Forsaken ARE these things."

Deleted
    Just sever ties with them. Don't ignore them but don't reach out and keep conversation to a minimum. The anonymity of online play makes even good people dicks occasionally.

Alright guys thanks for the advice.