Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Zilong View Post
    Not to mention gw1 is hard to swallow most of the times. Might even discourage? Just a warning hehe.
    Oh I know hard and well what a "fun*" game GW1 could be.

*fun is an subjective term...kinda like being subjected to torture

But also finding out that my account is blocked for an account issue has my interest piqued. I have never been banned from anything in my life and I'd hate to find out my account got jacked like...3 years ago.

Deleted
    It's tough indeed. Been on Nightfall, as I couldnt get through Prophecies, and am now level 5 fighting groups of level 10 enemies. Either I havent gotten all the quests I should, or I should be grinding more.

Quote Originally Posted by madethisfor1post View Post
    Decided to install GW1 again.

Had to reset the password: fine.

Tried to log in and it says my account is blocked for an account issue.

I KNOW I can't remember any of my characters names and I can't remember if I got the 2nd expansion. I found the boxes for the GW1 and GW1: Factions CE's.

Here's to hoping I don't have to bend over backwards and lick my own ass for them to get me back on my account. Want my gf to try it to see if we're gonna get GW2.

I wonder if the problem is because I haven't played in 4+ years.
    GW1 and GW2 are too diffrent games by a large margin. honestly its like comparing tetris to battlefield 3, infact having her play Guildwars 1 espcially if shes played other fully functional MMO's it may turn her off from wanting to play GW2 thinking this is what she should expect. I mean no jumping / no auction house / none persistent MMO if I were to show my friend that kind of gameplay and then say so ya wanna buy guildwars 2 they would laugh at me.

While the actual HoM part is probably only being done now, the actual account linking was done on registering the account. I can attest to this because of a fairly interesting mess-up on NCSoft's system's part.

Essentially I have my main GW1 account on email1 and secondary account on email2. I was registering GW2 account to email2 but linked it to main account that's on email1, and typed both email2 and password for it when registering GW2. Login with email2 didn't work for GW2.

Login with email1 however started to work immediately and still does for GW2 but with a GW2 password (so GW1 account email and GW2 password which I since then changed on support's site and confirmed to still work with email1). That means I'm logging in with half of my GW1 account credentials into GW2 account. I.e. accounts have been linked since BWE1.

Quote Originally Posted by Agile Emily View Post
    It's tough indeed. Been on Nightfall, as I couldnt get through Prophecies, and am now level 5 fighting groups of level 10 enemies. Either I havent gotten all the quests I should, or I should be grinding more.
    ......... no

Deleted
    You most certainly didn't get all the quests. I never found myself under leveled for any campaign and I don't do grind. You really do have to explore to find quests in GW1, it's not all hub-based.

Deleted
    Yeah, I've found a decent guide now that's telling me what to do. I'm enjoying Nightfall far, FAR more than I enjoyed the first three levels of Prophecies =p

Quote Originally Posted by Hellspawnx View Post
    GW1 and GW2 are too diffrent games by a large margin. honestly its like comparing tetris to battlefield 3, infact having her play Guildwars 1 espcially if shes played other fully functional MMO's it may turn her off from wanting to play GW2 thinking this is what she should expect. I mean no jumping / no auction house / none persistent MMO if I were to show my friend that kind of gameplay and then say so ya wanna buy guildwars 2 they would laugh at me.
    I've made her aware of the differences. She's interested in the story more than anything else. Want's to bone up on some history without hitting up a soulless wiki article.

Won't there just be an NPC or a button in game to link accounts? Kind of like GW1 and linking the campaigns.

Either way, if you had GW1 before you purchased GW2 it asks you if you wanted to link your accounts.
    Last edited by iCandy; 2012-08-03 at 04:53 PM.

Deleted
    Hi there;

We would have been more than happy to help you with this issue. However when I looked up the accounts they appear to have already been linked. So you are already linked and set up correctly. Please note, you're going to use the same account name and password that you use for Guild Wars to sign in to Guild Wars 2. At this point in Guild Wars 2 development, it's not possible to change your account name or email address. However, you should have the ability to change them before launch.

Guild Wars 2 will officially launch on Tuesday, August 28th. Players who pre-purchase Guild Wars 2 will have 3 days of Headstart access beginning on Saturday, August 25th.

You can get all the latest news by watching the main site http://www.guildwars2.com/ , the blog http://www.arena.net/blog/ , our Twitter http://twitter.com/#!/guildwars2 , and our Facebook https://www.facebook.com/GuildWars2

Thanks,
    Guild Wars Support Team
    http://support.guildwars2.com/
    So, uh... I'm apparently stupid? o.O

So, uh... I'm apparently stupid? o.O
    Did you buy GW2 after GW1? If you did, and you used the same email address then you most likely linked them when you got your registration email after purchasing GW2.

Deleted
    I bought GW2 first, didn't link, but used the same email when I bought GW1.

Odd, I never thought I'd linked them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mine are linked, but I don't care enough to do HoM. I wonder if I can get HoM belatedly when I actually start caring.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    I wonder if I can get HoM belatedly when I actually start caring.
    Nope, you'll be way too busy playing GW2 to care about GW1.

Deleted
    Yeah, that's my worry. So I'm hammering through HoM as fast as I can, knowing that if I don't, I'll regret it later if they remove it.

Mine are already linked, just waiting for them to allow email changing because the adress I used for gw1 at the time doesn't exist anymore.

Deleted
    Is there any way to check wether the linking was successfull? I somehow have a bad feeling about this...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Need Name View Post
    Is there any way to check wether the linking was successfull? I somehow have a bad feeling about this...
    I'm also rather concerned. Neither my GW2 nor GW account logins have been changed. Perhaps they'll change on launch.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hjalmtyr View Post
    I'm also rather concerned. Neither my GW2 nor GW account logins have been changed. Perhaps they'll change on launch.
    It`s just a bit strange, because I have to log in with my GW1 e-mail, while I can use the new GW2 password.

Deleted
    Update: Support have got back to me and have supposedly linked my GW1 and GW2 accounts together without needing the original GW1 keys. I provided the last four digits of my debit card, my 25 digit GW2 key, my GW1 and GW2 account names and emails, my name, date of birth and address on my GW1 account and they have apparently linked them together, so you don't actually need all of the information in that post.
    Ok I apologise to bring this up but I got my accounts linked yesterday, so I wanted to write back and say thank you for the post and give a quick update on these questions.
    I actually linked both accounts without card numbers or serial keys (of GW1) - just account details and address/date of birth/name. You know the usual stuff.
    That DID change the email/password of my GW2 account to my GW1 account though, so if you're linked the same should've happened to you. If that's not the case it might be worth double checking with Support. Just in case.