[MoP] Balance Stat Priorities

At the moment I am favoring int > Haste > Mastery > Crit.

I have been hearing since the release of the new gems that Haste is pretty dominant at the moment.

What do you guys think is the actual stat priority for Balance?

How did you come to this conclusion that Int>Haste>Mastery>Crit

It's probably going to be hit>int>crit/mastery>haste in MoP I'm assuming due to the new refresh mechanics and being in an eclipse more.

Crit is indeed allot better and i feel haste has dropped in value a little bit since we are swapping in and out of eclipses so fast that ng has way more up time. But will have to leave it to the math to figure it out.

Deleted
    I think you need to get 20% haste (without the 5% buff) to get a 100% uptime on nature's grace, assuming you can just stand still and nuke. I'm assuming we'll want to aim for that and then just stack crit or mastery for the rest.

I would think we'll be shooting for haste breakpoints with mastery/crit being the second best of the secondaries

I guess I'll throw my two cents in. I'm betting it stays the way it is on live. While we're in Eclipse much more often than live, there's a key difference about pushing Eclipses. You get NG and Starfall. This makes pushing Eclipses even more important than on live where Haste is already number 1. However I could see how Mastery may pull ahead simply due to the sheer uptime of Eclipse we're going to have. Crit seems meh to me. They nerfed SS's proc chance and changed how our DoT's work. Currently, I don't even want my Sunfire or Moonfire to refresh because that means one is 4 or so seconds longer than the other and it fucks up my rotation because I am always refreshing my DoT's back to back.

Quote Originally Posted by pakoa View Post
    I guess I'll throw my two cents in. I'm betting it stays the way it is on live. While we're in Eclipse much more often than live, there's a key difference about pushing Eclipses. You get NG and Starfall. This makes pushing Eclipses even more important than on live where Haste is already number 1. However I could see how Mastery may pull ahead simply due to the sheer uptime of Eclipse we're going to have. Crit seems meh to me. They nerfed SS's proc chance and changed how our DoT's work. Currently, I don't even want my Sunfire or Moonfire to refresh because that means one is 4 or so seconds longer than the other and it fucks up my rotation because I am always refreshing my DoT's back to back.
    While I agree with most of what you said, crit does not seem "meh" to me. I was doing some casual rotation on beta dummys and at around 18% (not sure) crit and SS was procing like crazy now that we have 2 DoTs.

Definitely stats are much closer together now and you don't feel dirty when you have to equip a crit piece of gear anymore.

Wouldn't a lower crit rating offer less diminishing returns from an increase in crit than a higher crit rating would?

I'm leaning more towards thinking haste up to a soft cap (100% uptime on NG while turreting), then crit and mastery being pretty close. Crit being better in the earlier stages because of the DR I mentioned, and mastery later on because mastery scales better.

Quote Originally Posted by Juvencus View Post
    While I agree with most of what you said, crit does not seem "meh" to me. I was doing some casual rotation on beta dummys and at around 18% (not sure) crit and SS was procing like crazy now that we have 2 DoTs.

Definitely stats are much closer together now and you don't feel dirty when you have to equip a crit piece of gear anymore.
    Glad you feel that way because, honestly, I want Crit to be our #1 or 2 stat. Mastery is boring and doesn't change our rotation. Haste makes things go quicker which can make our rotation seem more interesting, but it's nothing too special. Crit, on the other hand, changes our rotation in a noticeable and unpredictable way (even though I don't like the DoT refresh mechanic). Anything that makes our rotation more difficult/interesting, I'm all for.

Quote Originally Posted by Blizzyb View Post
    Wouldn't a lower crit rating offer less diminishing returns from an increase in crit than a higher crit rating would?

I'm leaning more towards thinking haste up to a soft cap (100% uptime on NG while turreting), then crit and mastery being pretty close. Crit being better in the earlier stages because of the DR I mentioned, and mastery later on because mastery scales better.
    Intellect does not give crit anymore, so it alleviates some of the DR problem.....I think....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pakoa View Post
    Glad you feel that way because, honestly, I want Crit to be our #1 or 2 stat. Mastery is boring and doesn't change our rotation. Haste makes things go quicker which can make our rotation seem more interesting, but it's nothing too special. Crit, on the other hand, changes our rotation in a noticeable and unpredictable way (even though I don't like the DoT refresh mechanic). Anything that makes our rotation more difficult/interesting, I'm all for.
    I agree with this, once people get used to the time to pop CDs, and what not. Anything that makes our spec feel responsive, I like. More starsurge procs, shifting time length dots ETC - s'all gooood
    Vexxd

LFG to push 15+ m+,
    maybe streaming @ http://www.twitch.tv/vexxee

Quote Originally Posted by Juvencus View Post
    Intellect does not give crit anymore, so it alleviates some of the DR problem.....I think....
    Hmmm, never saw that. Are they compensating by making crit rating give more percentage? Seems like that would really screw with crit scaling if int was no longer giving crit. That throws a wrench in everything I've ever known!

From Simcraft it seems with T14H gear the priority is Hit>Crit>Mastery>Haste using DoC and Incarnation. It changes based on your gear/haste levels but in (roughly) BiS gear, this is how it's looking. It's essentially Haste>Crit>Mastery until you get enough Haste that you only cast one DoT per Eclipse and don't need to use SotF over Incarnation.

Quote Originally Posted by Blizzyb View Post
    Hmmm, never saw that. Are they compensating by making crit rating give more percentage? Seems like that would really screw with crit scaling if int was no longer giving crit. That throws a wrench in everything I've ever known!
    Seems I was wrong. In current beta build Intellect still gives Crit. My info came from twitter/boomkin site (I think) so I might have missread.

Note to self: Test in beta before posting.