Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dystin View Post
    It's because one group like Paragon or whatever (who represent the TINIEST portion of elite raiders) would clear the raids within two weeks and then the greener raiders (the ones who will spend the next months on normal) will complain that Blizz didn't make enough content before they even set foot in a raid.

As for the achievements, good news. Now the elitist raiders can feel like unique special snowflakes (which let's be honest is all they really wanted) and a wider audience can experience the raids.
    Sweet lets generalize an entire group of people in a negative way because you're not one of them! I guess I can say that the casual raiders are all garbage scrubs that just suck at the game and that's why they want the nerfs and no challenging content. See that's me doing the exact same thing you did.

I know it's flipping crazy for you to believe some people want a challenge, but that's what video games were originally created for. To give folks a fun challenge. It's insane for me to think that it's now become a stigma for people to wish for hard content. 5 years ago it was the opposite, but that's what happens when those who do want a challenge don't get it often enough and leave. Not saying there was no challenge in Cata by the way. There was with a lot of BWD/BoT/Al'Akir Heroics and then Rag heroic, but yeah.

---------- Post added 2012-08-02 at 01:53 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by MacHaggis View Post
    I really don't get how elitists can still complain, when we get challenge mode, where your skill level will be clearly visible trough the rankings. Ofcourse challenge mode will take individual skill, not just having the luck of being in the right guild.
    Luck with guild? What? Do you just randomly roll 100 to decide what guild you want to join? I've always picked my guilds based on which one suited me best personally.

Oh look Blizzard figured out how to stretch their subs out for 3 months instead of a month for new content.

That intro makes no sense. "There's a warlock behind those barricades! Don't you dare fly over them!"

Then you get there. "Damn it, he was a warlock!"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vormav View Post
    Sweet lets generalize an entire group of people in a negative way because you're not one of them! I guess I can say that the casual raiders are all garbage scrubs that just suck at the game and that's why they want the nerfs and no challenging content. See that's me doing the exact same thing you did.

I know it's flipping crazy for you to believe some people want a challenge, but that's what video games were originally created for. To give folks a fun challenge. It's insane for me to think that it's now become a stigma for people to wish for hard content. 5 years ago it was the opposite, but that's what happens when those who do want a challenge don't get it often enough and leave. Not saying there was no challenge in Cata by the way. There was with a lot of BWD/BoT/Al'Akir Heroics and then Rag heroic, but yeah.
    LOL.
    Way to misread a comment.
    It's not a stigma to wish for hard content. Blizzard have provided hard content, that's good. If you look at comments from the launch of Cata there were a TON of posts of people complaining the game was too easy before even setting foot in a raid because the world first clear was soon after launch.
    In no way did I say that I wanted nerfs and no challenging content. I said the reason that they've had to add ANOTHER difficulty is because there are people who are half way between casual and hardcore. The ones who have the drive to clear of a hardcore but the relative skill and time of a more casual raider. You won't see players from the world first complaining about the content, you see the ones who will clear it post nerf or who clear it months after launch after being carried by BiS geared players whining about LFR or nerfs post patch because now they feel like less special snowflakes.

All I know is for the first time in memory the Alliance intro to expansion is way cooler than the Hordes.

Hell the Hordie's might like that they appear to be full on bad guys (at least some them) now.

As a Horde member, I approve of the Alliance starter quests : P

Really, it's awesome to see them starting to go forth and kick some ass.

Before when Horde was pretty much taking everything, I kind of felt meh about it - I mean, I didn't really have a reason to WANT to go into war (other than for fun!)...but now with Alliance attacking, I'm more pumped about the whole thing. I think it'll breathe new life into battlegrounds as well for me : ).

Someone needs to convince these blockheaded devs that there data is telling them lies...ive never talked to one person who LIKES when they progressively nerf raids. THATS WHAT LFR IS FOR!....raids naturally get easier as raiders get more gear...the poster pitched an idea about increasing loot from raid bosses to give slower raid groups a boost and the blue poster just brushed it off as if blizzards way is the best.

I know that myself and other guildies quit the game in the 3 weeks leading up to the dragon soul nerf (back in january) because we don't raid that much and we felt cheated not getting the opportunity to complete the raid on it's original difficulty. (And don't give me that shit about turning off the buff, nobody is gonna turn off the buff when you get the same loot whether you have it on or not).

Who are the thick headed morons in the dev team who keep persisting on nerfing end game content??? It sickens me!

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    enjoying the harem in Den of Mortal Delights
    Quote Originally Posted by Magepot View Post
    As a Horde member, I approve of the Alliance starter quests : P

Really, it's awesome to see them starting to go forth and kick some ass.

Before when Horde was pretty much taking everything, I kind of felt meh about it - I mean, I didn't really have a reason to WANT to go into war (other than for fun!)...but now with Alliance attacking, I'm more pumped about the whole thing. I think it'll breathe new life into battlegrounds as well for me : ).
    totally, (blizzard needs to start giving more of these to the alliance so they can make the story more pumping for both sides) plus those helicopter are fun to use!