Calling all audio tech people!

Looking for some advice on connecting speakers to my Mixtrack pro mixing deck. Previously I was connecting my deck directly into my monitors (Behringer Truth b2030a) but I found the monitors to be very loud, and there seemed to be a fair bit of noise in the line. I was running unbalanced cables from the RCA outputs on the deck to the 1/4" connection on my monitors. However i'm reluctant to connect the monitors up as I really don't want to blow or damage them incase the sound is too loud from the deck. What I am currently thinking is if i plug my logitech 2.1 speakers into the deck, using an RCA to 3.5mm cable. My question is, will the sound be quite loud like my monitors and will there be the same noise issue. If you have any idea's or suggestions please do tell. I'm not the greatest with audio.

Deleted
    Usually you should have some sort of audio mixer in between your deck and the monitor speakers and not connect them directly. You can surely use the logitech system though, since they are not actual studio monitors but a home stereo system and they have a volume control included as well. Just make sure you got the volume knob turned all the way down before you turn em on.

Deleted
    I've moved this over to off topic, general discussions is for world of warcraft

15+ Year Old Account
    Yes to everything Pelz said. You need something in between your deck and your speakers. That's what mixers are for. You will blow your Behringer's doing that.

Thanks Pelz, I had been looking at putting a mixer in, it seemed the best way to control the sounds levels of the deck easily, just wasn't sure if there was a more common way of solving the issue. The major problem was just the speakers being to loud, also there was noticeable noise within the line. when using the RCA to 1/4" cables directly into the monitors.

Ooops, Sorry Shamanic.

---------- Post added 2012-08-02 at 09:20 PM ----------

I'm looking at mixers around this type of style/cost BEHRINGER UB502 MIXER $55. Is that the sort of mixer that would be suitable for what i want to do
    Last edited by Lesytal; 2012-08-02 at 11:21 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lecital View Post
    Thanks Pelz, I had been looking at putting a mixer in, it seemed the best way to control the sounds levels of the deck easily, just wasn't sure if there was a more common way of solving the issue. The major problem was just the speakers being to loud, also there was noticeable noise within the line. when using the RCA to 1/4" cables directly into the monitors.

Ooops, Sorry Shamanic.

---------- Post added 2012-08-02 at 09:20 PM ----------

I'm looking at mixers around this type of style/cost BEHRINGER UB502 MIXER $55. Is that the sort of mixer that would be suitable for what i want to do
    Actually, I just had a closer look at the mixtrack pro you mentioned. Apparently it has a built in mixer anyway, so you'd just have to use the correct output port and use the volume controls on the deck. The problem with the noise you're having most likely stems from the RCA plugs, which are highly susceptible to interference and ground loops.