Is this logic good for MOP?

I am currently on a very high pop server which is good for some things but terrible for others.

My logic at the moment is:
    Find a low pop server and make a new toon there.
    This toon would be used solely for things like taming wild pets (i assume this will be very hard on high pop) as well as things like Darkmoon Faire trinkets and fishing contests.

My main, on the high pop realm could then enjoy the progression in raids and challenge mode dungeons.

Is there anything im forgetting or will this work perfectly with none of my characters missing out on anything.
    What i am hoping for is a character i can just use for things that are hard on a high pop server.

Deleted
    You'd have to level your alt to atleast 85 to enter the pandaria zones to catch those pets too. But tbh I think there will be plenty of pets around for everyone to catch. Not everyone will be in 1 zone all the time. The pets are all over the world. The only reason why it would be useful is for some of the rare pets (that only come out during summer, on a rainy day, between 10pm and 1am). Apart from those I think there will be no problem to do it on your main.

15+ Year Old Account
    Hey, I was thinking about doing the exact same thing but instead to use it for farming world spawned mounts like the mop version of tlpd which will probably be in it. It seems like a decent alternative if you're on a very onesided and high pop server like mine.

I'm not sure about how the actual spawning of pets work though, aren't they just randomly spawned into fights like pokemon from tall gras?

Quote Originally Posted by Sting View Post
    Hey, I was thinking about doing the exact same thing but instead to use it for farming world spawned mounts like the mop version of tlpd which will probably be in it. It seems like a decent alternative if you're on a very onesided and high pop server like mine.

I'm not sure about how the actual spawning of pets work though, aren't they just randomly spawned into fights like pokemon from tall gras?
    I was under the impression that the fights themselves where 1v1 so you couldnt get interupted, but the locations could be farmed just like rare spawns, making it hard on a high pop server.

Deleted
    You have to start the battles yourself. They are not like in Pokemon where you encounter random fights. You just have the same situation as now, only some critters that walk around are battleable. You click on them and a fight starts.
    After the fight the critters do go away. So if you are on a very crowded server, there might be a chance that there will be less critters to pick a fight with. But as i said, there are a lot of different zones and pets for every level, so I don't think you will have too much trouble finding the pets you want. The only ones that will be challenging are the rare pets. For those it might be a good idea to have an alt on a low pop server.