PVP Power questions

Im not playing MoP beta and would like to know more about PVP power.

1. How does PVP power exactly work?
    2. Is there diminishing returns on PVP power just like on resilience?
    3. The pvp setbonus on season 12 gives 400 pvp power. How much +damage% you get for that?
    4. How does PVP Power compares to other stats?

Thanks.

1. pvp power gives the player extra dmg or healing vs players. this way blizzard hope the balance pvp for pvp with out effecting pve. lets say the drain life nerf that was needed for pve.(did to much dmg in pve. but was fine in pvp) now they could easly change the dmg in pvp. but increase the extra dmg gained from pvp power.
    2. dunno. but time will tell when it goes live.
    3. not sure
    4. it probebly depend on the skill you use.

there is alot flase information about pvp power. it best to wait till MoP comes.

I am working on a comprehensive guide for PVP Power and Defense, trying to get it out sometime this weekend if I have the time. Hopefully it will answer most of your questions =)
    @EldacarJS - Warcraft PVP Enthusiast, Theorycrafter, and Blizzard PVP Forum MVP

Looking forward to your guide Eldacar.

pushing the question how to calculate pvp power to primary stats like strength ... should i use pvp power gems instead of strength concerning pvp only, value of pvp power considering pvp resilience and baseline resilience etc?

Quote Originally Posted by Mayden View Post
    Im not playing MoP beta and would like to know more about PVP power.

1. How does PVP power exactly work?
    2. Is there diminishing returns on PVP power just like on resilience?
    3. The pvp setbonus on season 12 gives 400 pvp power. How much +damage% you get for that?
    4. How does PVP Power compares to other stats?

Thanks.
    PvP power MEANS NOTHING for damage dealers NOTHING, it comes with gear for free and you never gem for it, at the end of the day your damage is going to be comparable to CATA thanks to resilience nullyfing it, if you are a pure damage dealer pretend it doesnt exist as simple as that.

On hydrids the stat is a massively overpowered, since it buffs both the damage and the healing effectively double dipping for them.

Healers dont priorize it but welcome it since it is basically FREE plus healing.

PvP power is one of the reasons this is going to be "world of healing craft" if it doesnt get fixed, worst expansion on wow history, thanks god for GW2 =D this is gonna be the worst PvP ever

non hydrids and non healers are massively inferior in mop.
    Last edited by darthades; 2012-08-22 at 02:18 PM.

"EF is behaving properly from its tooltip. However, the PvP power conversion factor has changed. In previous patches, it was ~265. This build it's ~530, nerfed by exactly a factor of 2.

While there was a tooltip bug difference between EF and WoG (which should be identical), I think what you are seeing with the PvP Power conversion factor is that we straight out reduced the amount of healing provided by PvP Power.

It is important that PvP Power affect healing because otherwise healers wouldn't value the stat or the gear. However, unlike damage, healing is not offset by resilience, so stacking PvP Power just makes healers better and better. We knew this was a risk, but now the consensus is that healing is just much too good in PvP. We reduced the amount of healing provided by 50%. That seems like around the right number, but we may still iterate on it."

quotation of ghostcrawler in http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...?page=239#4773

so your contribution is welcome but nevertheless a bit biased (sry if this word doesn't fit, i'm german) ... slightly prejudiced.
    i hope and i'm convinced, they won't screw it up (again)^^

but back to my question, should you gem http://mop.wowhead.com/spell=106948 or plain primary stats as usual as i cannot find any confirmation, that strength will be inferior to pvp power in rbg for dealing damage. because otherwise jewelcrafter have a huge disadvantage as there are no pvp power serpent eyes in the database ... so i would change my professions ... but please no assumptions just quotations or reasonable calculation

Quote Originally Posted by Schamane View Post
    "EF is behaving properly from its tooltip. However, the PvP power conversion factor has changed. In previous patches, it was ~265. This build it's ~530, nerfed by exactly a factor of 2.

While there was a tooltip bug difference between EF and WoG (which should be identical), I think what you are seeing with the PvP Power conversion factor is that we straight out reduced the amount of healing provided by PvP Power.

It is important that PvP Power affect healing because otherwise healers wouldn't value the stat or the gear. However, unlike damage, healing is not offset by resilience, so stacking PvP Power just makes healers better and better. We knew this was a risk, but now the consensus is that healing is just much too good in PvP. We reduced the amount of healing provided by 50%. That seems like around the right number, but we may still iterate on it."

quotation of ghostcrawler in http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...?page=239#4773

so your contribution is welcome but nevertheless a bit biased (sry if this word doesn't fit, i'm german) ... slightly prejudiced.
    i hope and i'm convinced, they won't screw it up (again)^^

but back to my question, should you gem http://mop.wowhead.com/spell=106948 or plain primary stats as usual as i cannot find any confirmation, that strength will be inferior to pvp power in rbg for dealing damage. because otherwise jewelcrafter have a huge disadvantage as there are no pvp power serpent eyes in the database ... so i would change my professions ... but please no assumptions just quotations or reasonable calculation
    Yea, we know about that post, but he is out of his mind if he considers that nerf is enough, even if they make healing get zero pvp power it will still be broken OP WOTLK levels.

The only solutions are:

healing debuff on BGs arenas this is cheese.
    make resilience reduce non health percentage based heals to keep the scaling in check
    make MS reduce healing by 50%? lol

option 2 is the most sane but may be the hardest to implement so maybe next expansion.