Deleted

Need a new 360 - Which to buy?

So after loyally serving me since launch day, I think it's finally time to take my old, fat, 360 out to the shed and put a bullet in its head.

I've been meaning to upgrade my hardrive, but finding a decent sized one for the original 360 has been a chore and there's some irony that the 250GB model for it costs more than buying a 320GB one for the slim.

I've been looking at the Halo 4 Limited Edition console. Found HERE.

The other option is the Olympic Celebration Pack. Found HERE.

The Olympic pack seems to be a better deal, only I'd have to buy a 360GB hard drive if I wanted to play most of my games anyway. That brings the price up to around £300, £30 more than the Halo 4 Console. I've never bee interested in Kinect and sports games aren't really my thing but considering it's only three tenners more than buying the Halo console (when the hard drive is included) I'm really not that fussed. I'm also buying the Limited Edition of Halo 4 anyway so the extra copy is a bit redundant unless I gave it to a mate.

My main issue is with the Olympic versions stickers. Rather than just painting the consoles like the Halo version all you get are some stickers and told to put them on yourself. I can see bubbles appearing if the console gets hot or them getting picked off with the controller. I'm not totally fussed about all the fancy designs but having a unique console that's nice to look at never really hurt either.

The other issue is that the Halo console doesn't come out till the end of October. My hardrive is totally full at this point and I'm remove what I could without veering over into the saved games which I of course don't fancy doing too much. I'm essentially stuck until October playing my old games and not being able to DL additional DLC as a result.

Thoughts?

Deleted
    Well waiting till October doesn't seem practical if you plan on getting new games/dlc so you need one now really. Cant you just buy the black version with the 320GB hard drive? I have to say the Olympic one looks cheap and once its all over it will seem even worse. The Star Wars pack comes with a 320GB HDD and it's by far the nicest looking one imo.

Also is the Halo 4 console release date just a place holder? I thought the game wasn't launched until 6th November?
    Last edited by mmoceeceb76e25; 2012-08-02 at 04:54 PM.

Deleted
    I had the Gears of War 3 limited edition one till my misses decided to trade it in for the Halo Reach one. The GoW3 one is nice as are the GoW sound effects from turning it on/off.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flimsy View Post
    Well waiting till October doesn't seem practical if you plan on getting new games/dlc so you need one now really. Cant you just buy the black version with the 320GB hard drive? I have to say the Olympic one looks cheap and once its all over it will seem even worse.
    I couldn't agree with you more Flimsy. If you want a pretty cover case thing, I am sure you can get your 360 customized later on. I would go with a black with 320gb now.
    Host of the 2 Year Livestream Challenge http://www.twitch.tv/inexpensivegamer Gaming like the cheap asshat I am

From a financial standpoint I would just get a new or used slim. Kind of late into the cycle to be buying the limited edition consoles that they put out.