Driver problems with my new AMD HD Radeon 6770

I just purchased a new graphics card for my comp, i have made sure i have the right drivers and i have uninstalled and re-installed my drivers multiple times. When i play games on recommended settings it will freeze completely followed by my screen going black and then "recovering" and allowing me to play again for a short amount of time before it unfortunately does it to me again... it says something along the lines of "your drivers have failed and are now recovering" then it says "your drivers have recovered". any ideas on what i need to do?

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    In what order did you uninstall and reinstall the new drivers?

The best order would be to have the old video card still in, remove the drivers for it. Then shut down, put in the new video card. Start up, let Windows recognize the new video card and use it's default drivers. Then install the new drivers and let it restart again.

Since you say you've already tried reinstalling the new drivers multiple times, I'd suggest uninstalling them, restarting a few times, then reinstall them and restart once more. Also, try an older version of the drivers if the problem persists.
    Last edited by ffaorlandu; 2012-08-02 at 05:28 PM.

Use Driver Sweeper and do a proper re-installation.

Thanks a lot for the information, the driver sweeper only seems to have compatibility with operating systems up to xp... is there one for windows 7? (sorry, i dont know much about this).

Yes it works for windows 7.
    http://phyxion.net/item/driver-sweeper.html for latest version.