Page 1 of 2
LastLast

I know this has probably been asked before.

How do you guys handle losing?

I don't mean a game here or there, i mean all of them. I took a break from this game, and came back last week. I play at least 10 games a day, every day, for this whole week. Only one of them was a win. Every team I get into sucks. People feeding, people running, people just plain crap.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

10+ Year Old Account
    For starters, I don't play 10 games a day.

Secondly, you will probably be on a sliding scale where you get more frustrated with losing and your performance goes down. Then the next game rolls around and you get more frustrated still, possibly snapping as soon as someone gives up first blood.

Lastly, even if you did not start playing more poorly from frustration, odds are that playing that many games will have you playing more poorly due to getting tired.

I don't care about losing much unless I am specifically to blame for the loss. If someone else is fucking up, that's annoying, but nothing I can fix here and now. At best I can try to give their lane a hand so they can get back in it again.

Deleted
    Quite simple, I ignore everyone who bothered me during the match.

1 win a day, or 1 win overall?

Either way, terrible statistics, but without knowing what role you play, I can't give any tips on winning.

Also, normals or ranked, and if ranked, elo?

As for how I deal with it, I play MOBA's solely with friends (not so much lol anymore, but same thing) and we just laugh about it. But then, I don't think we've ever gone 9 for 1...

Quote Originally Posted by Duilliath View Post
    For starters, I don't play 10 games a day.

Secondly, you will probably be on a sliding scale where you get more frustrated with losing and your performance goes down. Then the next game rolls around and you get more frustrated still, possibly snapping as soon as someone gives up first blood.

Lastly, even if you did not start playing more poorly from frustration, odds are that playing that many games will have you playing more poorly due to getting tired.

I don't care about losing much unless I am specifically to blame for the loss. If someone else is fucking up, that's annoying, but nothing I can fix here and now. At best I can try to give their lane a hand so they can get back in it again.
    My performance doesn't change when I get frustrated. I change it into anger, which improves my play. The constant losing is making not wanna play anymore. Same reason I stopped pvping in WoW. Nothing but losses every bg I join.

Quote Originally Posted by Led ++ View Post
    Quite simple, I ignore everyone who bothered me during the match.
    That's gonna be a lot of ignores. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Sinner563 View Post
    1 win a day, or 1 win overall?

Either way, terrible statistics, but without knowing what role you play, I can't give any tips on winning.

Also, normals or ranked, and if ranked, elo?

As for how I deal with it, I play MOBA's solely with friends (not so much lol anymore, but same thing) and we just laugh about it. But then, I don't think we've ever gone 9 for 1...
    1 win overall. Normal games.

Deleted
    That's gonna be a lot of ignores. lol
    No worries, as far as I know there is no limit so .. otherwise I'm pretty sure I would've reached it by now.

Deleted
    I don't know how to deal well with it.. So, I never play summoner's rift, it's concept annoys me, the farm, etc, specially the snowball effect and it's concept, in my mind it's stupid as fuck, asides from that it's good sometimes when there's no trolls and noobs. That's why I stick myself only to dominion and proving grounds exclusively!

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't want to sound like a dick here but it sounds like you're not quite good enough to carry games. The terrible players come and go and I've met quite a few good players that add me to their list for duo ranked or full 5 premade normals. The only way to really consistently win is to play with people you know don't suck. Unfortunately for most players, there isn't usually an abundance of players like that at their disposal. When I queue, I play with the same 5-6 people usually, but I also have a bunch of other friends that I can invite to fill a group or get invited by to fill their groups. It doesn't go to say that we never lose however, it's usually something worked around. Solo queueing games is sort of just throwing yourself at the mercy of the internet. People are going to be jerks and assholes because it doesn't matter if they are or not. To more directly respond to your OP, I usually take a break after 2-3 losses in a row and come back when I feel the frustration has passed. I know you might be different and think you're playing better while angry but it doesn't hurt to just go do something else for a bit. Clears your head and hopefully you get queued into a different batch of okay players.

Maybe League just isn't for you? One thing I've learned is that you're going to lose a bunch until you play a role fairly well and are knowledgeable with whats going on. I usually go on 4-5 win streaks in a row with 1-2 losses in between and I'd like to consider myself a pretty decent player. Sometimes you just can't help having a bad team and you just sort of have to accept that.

The reason I enjoy playing LoL is because my friends and I join as a team, and kinda obliterate almost all other teams we face.
    We hardly play much as well. It's mostly 1 or 2 games a day, and we sometimes don't login for days. It keeps the game exciting, and whenever we close to wining, we troll hardcore ;p

15+ Year Old Account
    If you value your life, be somewhere else
    Quote Originally Posted by Pandragon View Post
    How do you guys handle losing?

I don't mean a game here or there, i mean all of them. I took a break from this game, and came back last week. I play at least 10 games a day, every day, for this whole week. Only one of them was a win. Every team I get into sucks. People feeding, people running, people just plain crap.
    Blaming others for the loss is... how do I put it... Shortsighted. If you lose 69 games out of 70 as you say, there must be something wrong with you because it was the only thing those games had in common.
    In Soviet Russia banks rob you! Oh, wait a second...

Quote Originally Posted by Led ++ View Post
    No worries, as far as I know there is no limit so .. otherwise I'm pretty sure I would've reached it by now.
    I hit the limit. Don't know how many it was, but there was a CRAP TON.
    <-- That is otterly adorable.

Simple, Close LoL and play a different game.

I play Support. If I play Support, I can do my job perfectly, and my team can still lose, but I won't stress about it like I would if playing a carry, jungle, or top.

If I'm having a bad losing streak, I stop. I just stop. The more I lose, the more frustrated or flustered I get, and the worse I perform in subsequent games.

I also always, always, always play a bot game FIRST every day for my daily win. It removes a lot of the stress from normal games, at least.

I don't play Ranked because I simply don't enjoy that kind of competition or pressure.

Quote Originally Posted by Majad View Post
    I don't know how to deal well with it.. So, I never play summoner's rift, it's concept annoys me, the farm, etc, specially the snowball effect and it's concept, in my mind it's stupid as fuck, asides from that it's good sometimes when there's no trolls and noobs. That's why I stick myself only to dominion and proving grounds exclusively!
    I haven't really played Dominion, but I'm thinking about trying it some. Looks fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeoni View Post
    I don't want to sound like a dick here but it sounds like you're not quite good enough to carry games. The terrible players come and go and I've met quite a few good players that add me to their list for duo ranked or full 5 premade normals. The only way to really consistently win is to play with people you know don't suck. Unfortunately for most players, there isn't usually an abundance of players like that at their disposal. When I queue, I play with the same 5-6 people usually, but I also have a bunch of other friends that I can invite to fill a group or get invited by to fill their groups. It doesn't go to say that we never lose however, it's usually something worked around. Solo queueing games is sort of just throwing yourself at the mercy of the internet. People are going to be jerks and assholes because it doesn't matter if they are or not. To more directly respond to your OP, I usually take a break after 2-3 losses in a row and come back when I feel the frustration has passed. I know you might be different and think you're playing better while angry but it doesn't hurt to just go do something else for a bit. Clears your head and hopefully you get queued into a different batch of okay players.

Maybe League just isn't for you? One thing I've learned is that you're going to lose a bunch until you play a role fairly well and are knowledgeable with whats going on. I usually go on 4-5 win streaks in a row with 1-2 losses in between and I'd like to consider myself a pretty decent player. Sometimes you just can't help having a bad team and you just sort of have to accept that.
    IDC how good you are. If your team is complete shit, you aren't going to carry that team. I play very well, and half way through when I'm 5-0 from what ganks I can set up, or the snags I get against who ever I'm laning against, the entire opposing team begins to focus me after feeding off my team mates, who run off alone. this focusing especially came when I got 2 kills within a couple minutes of each other by firing off my shock blast into the fog of war and hitting the retreating enemy, and not in a straight line, both times the enemy was running at an angle.

For example: My last game I played my new fave champ Jayce. I did top lane against Talon and Rammus, and held them back until around level 3. Rammus went mia, I figured he was trying to gank me, I moved back and, lo and behold, up he came from the bushes, I avoided the gank and killed Talon in the process. Later I went on to gank Arhi in mid, followed by Jaxx on bottom. The other team how ever was feeding off of one of the bottom laners, and mid. Arhi kept killing Cait. By mid game they were decked out and began focusing me.

Quote Originally Posted by Elmot View Post
    The reason I enjoy playing LoL is because my friends and I join as a team, and kinda obliterate almost all other teams we face.
    We hardly play much as well. It's mostly 1 or 2 games a day, and we sometimes don't login for days. It keeps the game exciting, and whenever we close to wining, we troll hardcore ;p
    I do play almost half of my games with a friend, that's the only way I can handle losing really. lol

Quote Originally Posted by akts View Post
    Blaming others for the loss is... how do I put it... Shortsighted. If you lose 69 games out of 70 as you say, there must be something wrong with you because it was the only thing those games had in common.
    No, the games all have in common is a bottom laner getting fed on. Or one of the lanes being empty for a minute while the person goes to shop, or afks, and the other team eating up the minions and towers. Or close to late game when someone gets some decent items and turns into rambo. I may not be the best player in the game. But I don't suck.

Quote Originally Posted by Lyriok View Post
    Simple, Close LoL and play a different game.
    I either play LoL or WoW, and WoW is boring atm. lol

Beer.

/10char
    I mostly play fighting games these days.

15+ Year Old Account
    If you value your life, be somewhere else
    Quote Originally Posted by Pandragon View Post
    No, the games all have in common is a bottom laner getting fed on. Or one of the lanes being empty for a minute while the person goes to shop, or afks, and the other team eating up the minions and towers. Or close to late game when someone gets some decent items and turns into rambo. I may not be the best player in the game. But I don't suck.
    So you say 69 games out of 70 your team has a very bad/afk player and the enemy team doesn't? And half of the games you are actually duo Q? Man, that is possible, but the chance is like 1 in 2^69. I won't make big claims but my advice would be focusing on your own gameplay.
    In Soviet Russia banks rob you! Oh, wait a second...

Quote Originally Posted by Kankuri View Post
    Beer.

/10char
    I don't drink beer. Just vodka.

Quote Originally Posted by akts View Post
    So you say 69 games out of 70 your team has a very bad/afk player and the enemy team doesn't? And half of the games you are actually duo Q? Man, that is possible, but the chance is like 1 in 2^69. I won't make big claims but my advice would be focusing on your own gameplay.
    I'm serious, I can't believe it either. Half of the games are duo que, but for 3/4 of those games my friend actually sucked. lol Just last night I finally sat him down and explained how he was screwing up, and he has been playing much better...those dup games..my friend was the one feeding a lot of times. Usually it was either a bad match up in lane, his partner wasn't fighting properly, or he wouldn't run from a turret in time while backdooring. He likes to back door.

Idk how else to explain it. I make some mistakes, but my game play isn't so bad it's causing losses. I never die more then 5 times over the course of a 40 minute game, but the times I do die, it's after I went on a killing spree and got 3 or 4 kills in a row, not at the same time. I have only gotten a triple or quad kill a couple times.

I have never once seen an afker or feeder on the opposing team.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well I think you just explained it lol. If the person you're queueing with isn't exactly acceptable for winning, it just makes it that much more difficult to win. Especially since the state of pug players in the community is pretty sub par. If you lost 3/4 of your games because your friend sucked, then the only way for you to improve (hopefully) your win rate is by competent play by your friend. Back dooring is such a shitty way of playing, it screws your team over so hard if you're facing people with a clue. You said he's getting better, why don't you two just lane together so unless you get outplayed, the both of you do well. Just leaves 3/5 other people to play the game right. And if you're going 5-0 in your own lane, then it's time to roam and pick up kills elsewhere. Assist the jungle on a gank in a different lane to at least get your team mates some gold.

Just curious, what level is your account and which role/champions are you playing as?

i find after two losses in a row i get up and walk away take a breather go get a snack or a drink or whatever check out something on youtbe or some shit and just get my head outa the game, then turn back around and focus in again on what i am doing and just make sure that i am doing the best i can to carry the team if i do something stupid i admit in chat "wow that was stupid of me" because half the time i do that it defuses any issues the team will bring up it's hard to call someone a dumb fuck when they said it themselves, also avoid getting caught in fights going on in chat with your own team.

I have found 90% of the games i lose are not being outplayed but in house fighting in chat people just starting going off on one person and refuse to see that they are also part of the problem, people need to understand if you are 12/13 you are as much to blame yes you have 12 kills and probly more then the team but you have given away 13 as well making them just as strong as you and they know let you jump in kill one die then they just whittle away at the team.

TLR
    Take a break in a losing streak clear you head and don't bite when people start bitching in chat just make sure you are doing the best you can and know that as long as you are playing your best you stand more of a chance
    I'm a little ninja, short and stout I take all the loot and I hearthstone out All the guys on teamspeak scream and shout I'm the warrior in full devout.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeoni View Post
    Well I think you just explained it lol. If the person you're queueing with isn't exactly acceptable for winning, it just makes it that much more difficult to win. Especially since the state of pug players in the community is pretty sub par. If you lost 3/4 of your games because your friend sucked, then the only way for you to improve (hopefully) your win rate is by competent play by your friend. Back dooring is such a shitty way of playing, it screws your team over so hard if you're facing people with a clue. You said he's getting better, why don't you two just lane together so unless you get outplayed, the both of you do well. Just leaves 3/5 other people to play the game right. And if you're going 5-0 in your own lane, then it's time to roam and pick up kills elsewhere. Assist the jungle on a gank in a different lane to at least get your team mates some gold.

Just curious, what level is your account and which role/champions are you playing as?
    He doesn't count for my solo queue losses though. He still back doors, but now he knows when to flee and hasn't been ganked anymore while doing it. Now he is going with less then 3 deaths in a game, unless it's one of those nothing but team matches games. I do roam and help with ganks. Most of the time I am the jungler, but when I'm not I do help him set up ganks. I let my top lane see me recall, then I rush bot, or mid for a gank, then head to top and gank who ever I can up there, or just injure them to regain control of the lane. I try to lane with him, but he plays Sion all the time, so I let him lane by himself, or with a ranged to help with harassing. We did get a win last night when I was playing Rammus. The other team was pushing our base, him and I snuck down to mid took out their inhib and 1 of the nexus turrets, when they recalled to defend, I told the team to go kill baron while him and I ran and distracted them, and retreated, waited for them to attack again, and went back to finish the nexus off.

level is 30. My champs I switch between are. Jayce, Rammus, Yi, Shen, and Mordekaiser.

Quote Originally Posted by Ulaenyth View Post
    TLR
    Take a break in a losing streak clear you head and don't bite when people start bitching in chat just make sure you are doing the best you can and know that as long as you are playing your best you stand more of a chance
    I take breaks when I start to actually get pissed from losing. I ignore people if they start bitching in chat.