Moonkin - TellMeWhen

Hi, can anyone share their TellMeWhen addon set-up for Moonkin druid? It's a bit complicated for me to make my own, new to Balance, and all that Eclipse thingy is a bit a mess for me (because I'm new). I hope there's some export function in that addon?

What are you wanting it to do? We may have better suggestions of addons unless you're set on using TellMeWhen.

Want to be able to track what and when to cast... Well I'm used to TMW, but if there's much better addon, I can try it out

Ah. I'm not familiar with the addon, so I wasn't sure what to expect you to be asking for. Doesn't sound like I have an alternative to break it down that far. Best I can do is offer to be with you during raids and TellYouWhen.

Deleted
    If you're used to TMW shouldn't be so hard to set it up. Just make it tracks your dots, starsurge CD, maybe some CD's like trees/starfall/trinkets.

Why do people want to use addons to tell them what to cast, balance isn't even a hard class to learn.

Quote Originally Posted by Mudkiper View Post
    Why do people want to use addons to tell them what to cast, balance isn't even a hard class to learn.
    Maybe not, but I want to make it easier for myself, because with no addons I find myself looking at skill bar from time to time, to check when's Starsurge off-cd.

---------- Post added 2012-08-02 at 10:12 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by klodd1 View Post
    If you're used to TMW shouldn't be so hard to set it up. Just make it tracks your dots, starsurge CD, maybe some CD's like trees/starfall/trinkets.
    That's easy part, when it comes to Solar/Lunar it gets a bit tricky, it sometimes shows me to cast Wrath when instead I should be casting Starfire and such.

Quote Originally Posted by Tokas View Post
    Maybe not, but I want to make it easier for myself, because with no addons I find myself looking at skill bar from time to time, to check when's Starsurge off-cd.

---------- Post added 2012-08-02 at 10:12 PM ----------

That's easy part, when it comes to Solar/Lunar it gets a bit tricky, it sometimes shows me to cast Wrath when instead I should be casting Starfire and such.
    Power auras is really good for something like that. I set it up so that a gigantic semi-transparent icon pops up for a second when starsurge is off CD.

Honestly, this is not a spec you should be using an addon to tell you what to cast. The rotation is pretty dynamic and situational.
    Last edited by earthwormjim; 2012-08-03 at 11:32 PM.

Deleted
    Use an add on like Balance power tracker to have an esay way of telling which way you're going.

As for TMW, I track: both DoTs, starsurge/treant/starfall CD, and power up buffs, such as Nature's grace or power torrent. And a big icon on the center of my screen if I happen not to be in moonkin form in fight.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Silrhyn View Post
    And a big icon on the center of my screen if I happen not to be in moonkin form in fight.
    Haha been there, done that, and then also made a TMW for it, and shadowform on my priest .

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Silrhyn View Post
    ..And a big icon on the center of my screen if I happen not to be in moonkin form in fight.
    hehe i have that one too, damned tranquillity

Deleted
    I may have to get this addon, I always find myself casting wrath + sunfire and then wondering why eclipse is taking so long

Deleted
    Want to be able to track what and when to cast... Well I'm used to TMW, but if there's much better addon, I can try it out
    Sounds like you want the add on to play the game for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Kakazam View Post
    Sounds like you want the add on to play the game for you.
    no, just to tell me when's my next spell should be wrath, not starfire.
    the rotation itself is ez, there's nothing to it.

Get BalancePowerTracker or Eclipse Bar Plus and place a nice big Eclipse bar in the middle of your screen.

Grunt
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hi, can anyone share their TellMeWhen addon set-up for Moonkin druid? It's a bit complicated for me to make my own, new to Balance, and all that Eclipse thingy is a bit a mess for me (because I'm new). I hope there's some export function in that addon?
    If you are new to balance and are wanting something to help with getting a hold of the rotation look at spellflash type addons. TMW wont tell you what to cast when, I use it to track Trink/enchant/meta procs. Also as a big giant reminder when you CD's are up. Though once you have played a while spellflash becomes unnecessary (or i would hope it would) since you get a feel for how what you are casting impacts your eclipse bar.

Good luck

I've done this for multiple specs, including Fury Warrior and Frost DK. While it would be great to make an addon do this for you, Moonkin is simply not one of those specs where this would be a viable option.

If you're dead-set on being told what to press...well, just track your "DEBUFF" (Moonfire, sunfire) separately and track "SPELL COOLDOWN" of Starsurge (Cooldown = 0:00 = readied).

For Starfire and Wrath...for whatever reasons you may have for not knowing which to press... you can track a Conditional Icon with "ON SPELL CAST - START" of Starfire, check your Eclipse direction is set to "Solar", and check your Eclipse Energy is at "greater than or equal to 60." Use "Wrath" as the DisplayID/Icon -- This way, you're displaying that you want to cast Wrath next. To make this for "cast Starfire next", simply change "Eclipse Direction" to Lunar and Eclipse Energy to "less than or equal to 70" and use the Starfire icon.
    ^ honestly though, it's really...really not that hard to know which primary nuke to cast.

Deleted
    I've got most of my TMW to work. Finally found out that I need to uncheck "mine only" to get Jade Spirit to work.

One thing remains: want to add Starfall so I know when to recast it during my opener without overwriting the previous one, but so far I can't get it to work, I've tried "spell cast" and "buff" but it won't show up in TMW. Any advice out there?

Thanks in advance

Quote Originally Posted by Hackebiff View Post
    I've got most of my TMW to work. Finally found out that I need to uncheck "mine only" to get Jade Spirit to work.

One thing remains: want to add Starfall so I know when to recast it during my opener without overwriting the previous one, but so far I can't get it to work, I've tried "spell cast" and "buff" but it won't show up in TMW. Any advice out there?

Thanks in advance
    Track buff on player, like you would for tracking any proc/cooldown

Code:
    ^1^T^SType^Sbuff ^SName^SStarfall ^SShowTimer^B ^SOnlyMine^B ^SEnabled^B ^SShowTimerText^B ^t^N62602^S~`~| ^Sicon^^
    Last edited by Glurp; 2014-01-20 at 11:05 AM.