Don't miss Mists of Pandaria Beta - Build 15929 from earlier today!
WoW Loses 1.1M Subscribers, Down to 9.1M
Activision Blizzard latest earning call revealed that World of Warcraft lost another 1,100,000 subscribers last quarter, bringing us down to 9.1 million players. Some things they made note of on the call are below.
- 16.9 million Battle.net users, up from 10 million just 3 months ago.
- 10 million D3 copies sold, with 1.2 million of those from the Annual Pass.
- Most of the WoW Subscription losses were from the East.
- Losses are from people playing Diablo 3 and leaving until the new expansion.
- 4.7 million people watched the event at MLG for Heart of the Swarm.
- Mists of Pandaria will utilize TV and online ads leading up to the launch.
- The China launch Mists of Pandaria will launch as soon as possible, not likely in Q3.
Previous Subscription Losses
- Q1 2011 - 600,000 subscribers lost
- Q2 2011 - 300,000 subscribers lost
- Q3 2011 - 800,000 subscribers lost
- Q4 2011 - 100,000 subscribers lost.
- Q1 2012 - 0 subscribers lost.
- Q2 2012 - 1,100,000 subscribers lost.
Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment