Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycoris View Post
    This has been the case pretty much since steam started selling games digitally. I'd argue that keeping all your physical copies in one location which may be subjected to things like fire is more risky than Valve having to go out of business and steam shutting down.
    Well I have to say if you cause a fire you would have to be pretty careless with your things. Steam is a digital service so anything at anytime could happen to Valve/Steam and anything at anytime could happen to your games that you downloaded. Also since they are all digital based games they will not be there forever and neither will Steam. At least with a physical copy, it's there and you won't have to worry about anything as long as you are a responsible person and careful with your games.

But I guess nowadays people don't want that heavy burden called "responsibility". I seriously think this digital age stuff is making people so lazy anymore. It may be very convenient but its also making people so careless and lazy anymore because with downloading you just download it and forget about it not thinking of the consequences. Some people just think since it's downloadd I don't have to worry about anything anymore it'll always be there when in fact for Steam's case it won't.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Geminiwolf View Post
    Well I have to say if you cause a fire you would have to be pretty careless with your things.
    Accidents happen etc etc.

1st: you dont speak for "all" the players.
    2nd: theyll never do this unless you cheat and hack like a maniac, because if they did, the whole world would know about it.
    3rd: blizzard has similar ToS, and obviously you either never read those, or don't care about those?

eh,. Throwing a lot of dirt around for something that is barely even to be called an issue.

Lol this is funny to me. This kind of stuff is exactly why I don't use nor like Steam or any other online service to download games. Won't have to worry about this because all of my games are physical copies so I can do whatever I want with them and I'll always have my games no matter what I choose to do with them.

Maybe this will make people realize how good it is to have a physical copy of of a game rather than a digital copy which you don't own at all and if they're gone, they're gone.
    Except games like the Witcher. Y'know, require registration in order to be able to update, but registration servers are no longer on-line, thus leaving you with a worthless disk. Or any other game that requires interaction with the company's servers. You're not as safe as you think with physical copies.

Deleted
    Why do people have to start raving about this with their mouths foaming all over the internet? Seriously, take off your tinfoil hat and cook something with it instead.

Maybe this will make people realize how good it is to have a physical copy of of a game rather than a digital copy which you don't own at all and if they're gone, they're gone.
    you do realize most games you buy physically you don't even own anymore, right?
    we covered this on page 3

10+ Year Old Account
    Well I have to say if you cause a fire you would have to be pretty careless with your things. Steam is a digital service so anything at anytime could happen to Valve/Steam and anything at anytime could happen to your games that you downloaded. Also since they are all digital based games they will not be there forever and neither will Steam. At least with a physical copy, it's there and you won't have to worry about anything as long as you are a responsible person and careful with your games.
    Well, there's also the part where there's DRM which requires you to login or it explodes. Let's take D3, BF3, or whatever. If the server goes down, or origin / battle log no longer exists, with a physical copy it won't matter, because there's absolutely nothing you can do with what is now a plastic disc with information on it.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I back up all the games I've bought that I don't ever want to lose on an external hard drive. You don't HAVE to have steam, you just need to keep up with them manually if steam ever shuts down.

Deleted
    I don't get into trouble/arguments with such services, so I can't see any future possibilities that would affect me. Also, I don't care much about my Steam account. All the my games there are...smoked as much as I'm concerned so I couldn't care less if I lost my account. Only thing I do care and hate is being taken for a ride, like buying a game and then discovering it's not in my library or being charged double and shit like that.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is an unforunate, but common statement in many contract agreements these days. The agreement for being employed at Wal-Mart says the same things.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

I am a Former Federal paralegal, The statement below, if true, violates the U.S. Constitution's 1st Amendment "Freedom of Speech" clause, and them taking your Money from your Steam wallet, Which was paid for by Credit card or by buying a steam card from a retail store, Violates Federal Fair Trade laws, and is Theft through Interstate commerce, which is Punishable under the Statutes in United States Code Title 18, and other State and Federal Statutes. IF Steam/Valve Corp wasn't ripping people off in the first place, they wouldn't have a need to attempt this, complete scam of an ELUA. Thier Legal Team must have fogotten all about Constitutional law. No federal Judge in his right mind would Deny a Class action against them if they did that, and The U.S. Attorney would bring charges for "Conspiracy Against Rights" if enough people pushed it hard enough!

"Glad you asked! Let's say you decide to write up a critical blog post about Valve or Steam, and they read it and dislike it.
    With this agreement, they can legally ban you from your account denying all access to their games, take and keep up to $2,000 in your steam wallet with no refund and then be completely immune from being sued due to the agreement you signed."