Page 1 of 2
LastLast

[Movies] New Thor Villain announced!

http://www.deadline.com/2012/08/we-h...-the-accursed/

It's official! The ninth Doctor is going to be playing the role of Malekith The Accursed in the second Thor! I'm super excited for this casting choice. What about you guys?

EDIT: It is also being directed by Game of Thrones director Alan Taylor! Nerds rejoyce...
    Quote Originally Posted by Mortis Darkskull View Post
    1st south park garots... now happy garots... next one must be overdramatic seinen manga garots...
    Best of 5 years!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Garots View Post
    http://www.deadline.com/2012/08/we-h...-the-accursed/

It's official! The ninth Doctor is going to be playing the role of Malekith The Accursed in the second Thor! I'm super excited for this casting choice. What about you guys?

EDIT: It is also being directed by Game of Thrones director Alan Taylor! Nerds rejoyce...
    but...but...game of thrones is terrible...

*Standsby for teh hate*

Quote Originally Posted by marcelos11 View Post

*Standsby for teh hate*
    I've watched so little of GoT to actually care for it, I watch nearly no middle age movies or tv shows (Lord of the rings and the hobbit are exceptions)

Thor is atm the only avenger hero I care about until a new hulk film comes

15+ Year Old Account
    I kinda like the idea. The Dark Elves will definitely take the story to another level. I hope there is more plot focus with this film and not as much exposition. The first Thor movie was great, but it was really a 2 hour film with 90mins of back-story.

Christopher Eccleston? CHECK
    Thor Movie? CHECK

My ass is in a seat day one.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by madethisfor1post View Post
    Thor Movie? CHECK

sounds good.

I got a kick out of your name seeing the 560 posts :P

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by madethisfor1post View Post
    Thor Movie? CHECK

lulz name vs post count.
    epic phail?

10+ Year Old Account

*standsby for teh hate*
    take it back!

Thor suffers a lot from having weak villains. The only villains that is exclusively a Thor villain that Thor can't shit on in a direct fight is Atum, and he's probably too much to introduce in a single movie, as introducing him would require introducing all the other characters essential to his story, namely, all the other pantheons of Earth deities. Because of this, it's always going to be a brains vs brawn sort of fight with Thor involved.

The only time Thor really fights villains that are on his level in direct combat is when he fights villains that are major evil entities, that are usually dealt with by many superheroes. Notable examples being Galactus, Thanos and Mephisto.

I suppose Malekith is the best they can reasonably do, and they made an excellent choice from the villains available. But really, he's gonna be like a slightly stronger Loki. Don't get me wrong, I'm very excited for the movie, but not because of the villain.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kivimetsan View Post
    take it back!
    seriously...was just trollin...love GoT, but the books are better.

ahh shit, impending ban from Fuzzziekins for trollin...

15+ Year Old Account
    seriously...was just trollin...love GoT, but the books are better.

ahh shit, impending ban from Fuzzziekins for trollin...
    Not a huge fan of the tv series either tbh. it's good, just not as good as people rave about. Its a watch and forget for me.

Meh. First Thor was pretty crappy, I also don't think Thor is an interesting superhero in the first place. He was tolerable in the Avengers but mostly because Iron Man, the Hulk (how good was the guy playing the Hulk? Third time's a charm :P) and Black Widow held the whole film together.

Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    Thor suffers a lot from having weak villains.
    To be fair, it has a pretty crappy hero too. *cough*

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Black Widow held the whole film together.
    Really? You could remove her entirely for me and not much would change.
    Filler character.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Meh. First Thor was pretty crappy, I also don't think Thor is an interesting superhero in the first place. He was tolerable in the Avengers but mostly because Iron Man, the Hulk (how good was the guy playing the Hulk? Third time's a charm :P) and Black Widow held the whole film together.

To be fair, it has a pretty crappy hero too. *cough*
    I disagree. Though that's also note entirely what I meant. I mean Thor's villains are weak, literally. None of them, (except Atum) could live through a single full power hit from him. Once he gets through all the scheming, his biggest obstacle is not accidentally snapping them in half when he inevitably tries to bring them in alive.

Thor isn't at all like Superman, who has a whole cast of villains that can all kick his ass.

15+ Year Old Account
    My privileges at Comic-Con is suspended......
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

10+ Year Old Account
    I have never heard of him. And I haven’t seen the first Thor. And I haven’t watched The Game of Thrones. And frankly, I don’t care.

Quote Originally Posted by Eorayn View Post
    I have never heard of him. And I haven’t seen the first Thor. And I haven’t watched The Game of Thrones. And frankly, I don’t care.
    Here because?

Quote Originally Posted by Eorayn View Post
    Here to spam/incite anger then? That's cool. Not against policies or anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tzzentch View Post
    honestly what happened in BC? it's like the 60's of WoW everything is in awful colours, shit doesn't make sense and i feel like i'm trippin bawls everytime i level an alt past 58...
    Shattarath is kinda pretty but outside is a technicolor nightmare that looks like someone tied horses to the contrast slider and fired a rifle

10+ Year Old Account
    Its good to see more asgardian villains and not some earth based super villain.... haven't seen any of the other marvel movies outside of Iron man, and the hulk....

still need to see thor, Captain America, and the amazing spiderman.

as to Black Widow, being or not in the movie, it could have be worse, they could have gone with spiderman, or seen if Jackman would have signed on to reprise Wolverine...

My hopes are for seeing Red Hulk, in the next Hulk movie.
    The sims lies, don't trust them....

Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    I disagree. Though that's also note entirely what I meant. I mean Thor's villains are weak, literally. None of them, (except Atum) could live through a single full power hit from him. Once he gets through all the scheming, his biggest obstacle is not accidentally snapping them in half when he inevitably tries to bring them in alive.

Thor isn't at all like Superman, who has a whole cast of villains that can all kick his ass.
    And you know what? I'm OK with that. Not every superhero movie has to be "I am strong!" -> "Oh no! Someone stronger! How will I win?" -> /insert valuable lesson + plot device -> /10 second victory.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tzzentch View Post
    honestly what happened in BC? it's like the 60's of WoW everything is in awful colours, shit doesn't make sense and i feel like i'm trippin bawls everytime i level an alt past 58...
    Shattarath is kinda pretty but outside is a technicolor nightmare that looks like someone tied horses to the contrast slider and fired a rifle