Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyratops View Post
    Here because?
    Alpha-nerding, natch.

Regarding Thor: I actually enjoyed the first one more than I expected to, and actually liked it better than the first Iron Man (I liked IM2 better than IM as well, that's just how I'm wired).

As for Black Widow, I thought she was a "fun" character, if not exactly essential.

Regarding Spider-man or Wolverine being in Avengers: currently can't happen since those licenses are with other studios, unless the studios make a deal for some reason (I consider it unlikely, but nothing's impossible).

And finally, if you haven't seen it, How Thor Should Have Ended:

You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    I disagree. Though that's also note entirely what I meant. I mean Thor's villains are weak, literally. None of them, (except Atum) could live through a single full power hit from him. Once he gets through all the scheming, his biggest obstacle is not accidentally snapping them in half when he inevitably tries to bring them in alive.

Thor isn't at all like Superman, who has a whole cast of villains that can all kick his ass.
    Except for Lex Luthor who is not at all as strong as Superman and needs to out-think him usually. Then again, the only thing Lex ever got away with that Superman didn't pick him up for was stealing forty cakes.

Quote Originally Posted by Malakath View Post
    My hopes are for seeing Red Hulk, in the next Hulk movie.
    I hope not. Marvel has too much of a habit of having heroes fight their edgy twins.

Iron Man: Fights a bigger Iron Man suit.
    Hulk: Fights a spiky Hulk.
    Iron Man 2: Fights a bigger Iron Man with whips.
    Thor: Actual exception.
    Captain America: Fights a Russian guy who had the same super soldier stuff used on him.

Now. Thankfully. It looks like there's a move away from this, and I love all the movies. I'm not trying to say they're that simple. I'm just saying that I don't want to see the Hulk fight another Hulk again.

Anyways, I heard about the casting choice on movie plot and was excited when I did the research about them. Looking forward to seeing what Marvel can pull off in phase two. I have to say though, I am essentially perpetually skeptical. I was skeptical that the first Iron Man would be good. I was skeptical that they could reboot Hulk that soon and it even be watchable. I was skeptical they could make a second Iron Man that could even touch the first one. I was skeptical that they could make a Thor movie that was halfway decent and not retarded. I was skeptical that they could make Captain America interesting. And I was skeptical that they could pull off a movie with 4 heavy hitting main characters.

I was wrong. Every time. :|

But, like before, I'm skeptical that they can continue making such good movies. Something's going to get cliche or stale. I can feel it. I think I'm just afraid of being let down.

---------- Post added 2012-08-03 at 09:03 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by chrth View Post
    And finally, if you haven't seen it, How Thor Should Have Ended:
    The HISHE for Avengers was great too.

"Why didn't you run away?"

"I'll never tell aheahahaheeheheeeheeheheheheeeheheeteehee..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Tzzentch View Post
    honestly what happened in BC? it's like the 60's of WoW everything is in awful colours, shit doesn't make sense and i feel like i'm trippin bawls everytime i level an alt past 58...
    Shattarath is kinda pretty but outside is a technicolor nightmare that looks like someone tied horses to the contrast slider and fired a rifle

Quote Originally Posted by Valleera View Post
    Except for Lex Luthor who is not at all as strong as Superman and needs to out-think him usually. Then again, the only thing Lex ever got away with that Superman didn't pick him up for was stealing forty cakes.
    Lex definitely has the potential to beat Superman in a straight up fight. With his warsuit, his 10 different chunks of Kryptonite, his Kryptonite energy canons, and his Orange Lantern ring, Superman's gotta exercise those dodging skills quite a bit if he doesn't want to end up fried.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can't they scrap Tom Hiddleston as Loki, excuse my french but I fucking hate him as Loki.
    Should have someone with a "Stockholm-syndrome face" like, Zachary Quinto or someone.

But yeah, I'm excited about the movie.

Captain America: Fights a Russian guy who had the same super soldier stuff used on him.
    Red Skull is not related to Captain America in any "edgy-twin" way dude, and if you're into comics(especially Captain America) you should know that...
    Edit: He isn't russian, is he? If anything, German.
    Last edited by Algore; 2012-08-03 at 04:27 PM.
    The perfumed* boys he wrapped in chains and threw into the sea. They were unnatural creatures, and the ship smelled better once cleansed of their presence.

*Degenerative Casuals

Quote Originally Posted by Algore View Post
    Can't they scrap Tom Hiddleston as Loki, excuse my french but I fucking hate him as Loki.
    Should have someone with a "Stockholm-syndrome face" like, Zachary Quinto or someone.

But yeah, I'm excited about the movie.

Red Mask is not related to Captain America in any "edgy-twin" way dude, and you if you're into comics(especially Captain America) you should know it...
    Really? I loved him as Loki in the movies. I thought he's done a great job. And what do you mean by "Stockholm-Syndrome face"? Better looking so you like him better even though he's the bad guy? I think the pale/frail look was intentional. In every way overshadowed.

I haven't read the Cap comics, admittedly. I'm just now getting into reading comics heavy, and enjoying it. And he wasn't the prime example on the list, however, in the movie, they did give them the same rough origin story. I wasn't trying to say that all of them were doppelgangers, just that, I'd like to see them fight something radically different at this point.

---------- Post added 2012-08-03 at 11:25 AM ----------

Edit: He isn't russian, is he? If anything, German.
    Yeah. I had a brain fart. I'm not sure why I wrote Russian. Maybe cause he's red XD I got subliminally messed up.
    honestly what happened in BC? it's like the 60's of WoW everything is in awful colours, shit doesn't make sense and i feel like i'm trippin bawls everytime i level an alt past 58...
    Shattarath is kinda pretty but outside is a technicolor nightmare that looks like someone tied horses to the contrast slider and fired a rifle

10+ Year Old Account
    Meh, just personal preferences, I dislike Tom by heart, not sure why... :P

Yeah, you got it messed up there, no biggies though.
    If you're interested in comics & cap you should read this one and the following in it's series, really good background story of the Red Skull; https://marvel.com/comic_books/issue...d_skull_2010_1
    The perfumed* boys he wrapped in chains and threw into the sea. They were unnatural creatures, and the ship smelled better once cleansed of their presence.

*Degenerative Casuals

Meh, just personal preferences, I dislike Tom by heart, not sure why... :P

Yeah, you got it messed up there, no biggies though.
    If you're interested in comics & cap you should read this one and the following in it's series, really good background story of the Red Skull; https://marvel.com/comic_books/issue...d_skull_2010_1

Thanks. I'm always looking for more suggestions. I just finished up the runaways (vol3 made my soul hurt... How do you even follow up v1 and 2 with that?) and then x-force (vol3). I want to get uncanny x-force and cable wars too, but I'll check this one out as well.

In the film, Loki and Malekeith will supposedly form an uneasy alliance. How cool will it be for Tom and Chris to fight alongside together? (Really awesome, if you don't know the answer )
    Quote Originally Posted by Mortis Darkskull View Post
    1st south park garots... now happy garots... next one must be overdramatic seinen manga garots...
    Best of 5 years!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzzie View Post
    Really? You could remove her entirely for me and not much would change.
    Filler character.
    As with 99% of all female characters in any modern movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Creamy Flames View Post
    Well that was a made-up statistic and a radical jump.

Quote Originally Posted by Creamy Flames View Post
    The same could be said of Hawkeye and Nick Fury. I enjoyed the normal human characters, but they really weren't that significant. In fact, Thor could have killed everything in that movie himself, because he's Thor, and none of that shit could hurt him. It's DBZ syndrome. Only the most powerful character, or characters very close in power, are relevant in the grand scheme of things.

And really, Avengers 2 needs to have some different characters. Of the current Avengers, the only two that wouldn't be killed in one hit by their next villain is Thor and The Hulk. Black Widow, Hawkeye, Captain America, Nick Fury, (I consider him an Avenger) and even Iron Man would have absolutely no way to be useful in direct combat against Thanos. And when I say Iron Man, I mean after he gets his superpowers and his new suit. His omni-beam, vastly increased strength, and regenerative healing factor, up against Thanos? Like really? That'd be like trying to stop a tank with a spit ball.

You can stop crying sexism though. Avengers 2 will have a female character more powerful than Thor, The Hulk, and Thanos all put together. http://marvel.wikia.com/Death_%28Cos...28Earth-616%29

Because anyone that doesn't already know she's gonna be in the movie, even if just making brief appearances, needs to brush up on their Marvel lore. Because when Thanos says he wants to court Death, he's being literal.

Because anyone that doesn't already know she's gonna be in the movie, even if just making brief appearances, needs to brush up on their Marvel lore. Because when Thanos says he wants to court Death, he's being literal.

It might be limited to references though. Just to keep a little suspension of disbelief going for the American movie-goer haha. How they made us all go along with Asgard in an otherwise realistic ish world is still a mystery to me, but a courtship between an all powerful alien and the personification of a natural process might be a bit much at this stage in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Nos View Post
    It might be limited to references though. Just to keep a little suspension of disbelief going for the American movie-goer haha. How they made us all go along with Asgard in an otherwise realistic ish world is still a mystery to me, but a courtship between an all powerful alien and the personification of a natural process might be a bit much at this stage in the game.
    Nah, people have seen strange shit in movies before. And really, we all know this is gonna end with the Infinity Gauntlet event. They've been hinting at it so strongly. Thanos, the cosmic cube, Loki, the damn Gauntlet makes a cameo in Thor! The universe being pretty much blown up by an all powerful alien wielding the strength of God to defeat the abstract forces of the universe is WAY more out there than an alien wanting to bang Death.

Nah, people have seen strange shit in movies before. And really, we all know this is gonna end with the Infinity Gauntlet event. They've been hinting at it so strongly. Thanos, the cosmic cube, Loki, the damn Gauntlet makes a cameo in Thor! The universe being pretty much blown up by an all powerful alien wielding the strength of God to defeat the abstract forces of the universe is WAY more out there than an alien wanting to bang Death.
    Maybe so haha... Either way. I hope they can pull it off. Once more, they haven't disappointing me yet, but I am perpetually skeptical.