Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Hopefully things are ironed out by release, especially support for SLI and Xfire rigs. I wanna use both of my 580s for this game, and get as much fps out of WvWvW as I can.

Quote Originally Posted by segoplout View Post
    Something is not right for me. But is it just me? I have already bought the game, I'm not trolling and I have admittedly made some replies about this before. Just that everything looks so choppy. It's as if I am playing a game on a resolution/setting that is too high for me. I have everything on default/detect. It's the least smooth game I have every played on my pc unfortunately.
    Though I do have some concerns with it, you have to remember that beta clients are generally many internal builds behind, yes the game is coming out in less then a month, and yes the beta client you played is not fully optimized yet, BUT for all you know that beta client could be from an internal build from back in June.

And to add onto that, tweaking some settings can also make huge differences, for example Witcher 2 on my machine all settings on highest with Nvid 3D vision turned on ran at a crappy 9-12 FPS, tweaked a few settings with pretty much everything still on highest settings and it ran at 50-60 FPS depending on how much action was happening on the screen at a time with almost no difference between the tweaked settings and the highest settings visual wise other then the obvious increase in frame rate. Odds are this game will have very similar tweaks which make the difference between 5-10 FPS and 50-60 FPS in 3D or 10-20 FPS and 100-120 FPS with the stereoscopic vision turned off.

Not sure its been said but newest beta drivers for nvidia have some tweaks to help guildwars2 run better.

Quote Originally Posted by solidsheep View Post
    Not sure its been said but newest beta drivers for nvidia have some tweaks to help guildwars2 run better.
    I noticed this too. I was getting a slight tearing sometimes with my 680 when I moved the camera fast in bwe3...it wasn't happening now that I have the 304.79 beta driver.

10+ Year Old Account
    I noticed this stress tests graphics were off from the last bwe aswelll
    If everything I do is wrong then by god ill do it right

The game optimization process is quite long. Some optimization for the graphics is done across the board, some is graphic card / manufacturer specific and is usually fixed by drivers and stuff.
    Before everything is tested and every part gets enough info to optimize properly, it takes time. Hope you understand.
    "Loss of blood... My only weakness!"
    ~ Warlord Khan, Magicka

Anyway, if you don't already see where I'm going with this, allow me to spell it out: the only meaningful MMORPG "endgame" -- i.e., something novel to do after the progression process is over -- is that of the sandbox.

Quote Originally Posted by nightshark View Post
    Good to know it should run smoothly with my 6850. It's the one thing I've put off upgrading for a long time (a high end graphics card is so expensive). I will be running it from a mechanical HDD at least until I upgrade the size of my SSD.
    At this point the vid card is the least important component. I had the same card in my old computer that ran like crap during BWE1 and 2. A bit before the stress test between BWE 2 and 3 I got the new components and got to take it for a spin. The drasticly newer proccessor and more modern ram (not to mention haveing double the ram) but with the same card ran the game like a champ. The only stutter I ever had I think had more to do with loading a ton of textures all at once off my mechanical harddrive. Was a brief blip right as soon as I moved into cliping range of a 100 man zerg banging their forheads on a keep door. once everybody was loaded up framerate stayed nice and steady in the mid 40s.

And note the before and after vid setings were vastly different as well. Crap PC was run at minimum setings on almost every catagory just to be playable. New PC had every option including shadows maxed.
    Last edited by Merendel; 2012-08-03 at 06:15 AM.

Who is John Galt?

10+ Year Old Account
    Watched my cousin play today for the first time. His specs are:

-16gb DDR3 Ram
    -670 nvidia gtx
    -i7 3770 3.4ghz quad
    -w7 home premium

And his fps at the lowest was at the low 50s (in WvW), at the smoothest it almost hit 100 (while questing). I'm guessing it depends on whether it's been optimized for your specific specs.

Deleted
    -i5 3570k @ Stock
    -16 GB 1600 MHz Ram
    -2x128GB Crucial SSD in raid 0
    -W7 64bit
    -AMD 7970 @ 1040MHz core 1400MHz ram (MSI Lightning @ stock) Drivers 12.6

Game graphics settings maxed out.
    During the stress test my graphic drivers crashed once but it was due to a very hot room and clogged dust filters. Opening a window fixed it.

I got kicked off the server 5 times or so... 1 or 2 shot lag spikes.
    But no mentionable lag, no fps drop, only epic PVE & WvW battles