Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Yes it could, but they wont.... the milk is flowing still, the cow will remain untouched

Quote Originally Posted by TEHPALLYTANK View Post
    Clusterfuck of bars and macros? I don't know what you're doing then because the most number of macros I have needed to use for any fight was only 4. D3 style abilities would be very boring in WoW and VERY VERY limiting.
    I guess you were playing rogue or warrior then?
    My warlock had SO many buttons it was insane.

But, even my rogue had quite a few buttons on his screen - poisons, weapon swap, activated abilities, food, professions, shout macros, raid timers and countdown, stuns,. and so on and on.

Yes, WoW has too many buttons.
    But, diablo has too few.

I think GW2 nailed the ability system perfectly and has once and for all killed ability bloat. The idea of changing weapons for different skills so you arent forced to make your hotbars take up half your screen is pure genius. Id expect all future MMOs to do the same. Im surprised it took so long for someone to go "Wait a second people dont like playing with 30-40 abilities on hotbars covering half their screens because thats more work than fun and games are about fun. So lets do something to remove all those abilities and invent a system that still gives you a decent amount of abilities to chose from based on your current situation but instead of having 5 hotbars we will give you 5 weapons and only 1 hotbar. Seriously MMOs have been out for what 16 years and someone just now figured this out?

They hopefully saw that there actually is a line they can cross even with casual players as far as greedy game design goes. Also without a ridiculous amount of abilities the skillcap on almost every spec in the game would drop like a rock, WoW depends heavily on a bloated number of skills and addons to determine skillcap unlike other games
    Last edited by Thelxi; 2012-08-04 at 02:17 PM.

There is a few things from D3 i liked about it and wouldnt mind seeing in WoW. The stats on armor was pretty nice like - mana cost on XX spell or + damage or rage. It made me tihnk alot about what i want with my spec. Also even tho there was only 6 spells on the screen at any onetime. i loved the choise bhind it all. I also really liked the gold across all chars as i got gold in WoW on XX server i dont play anymore and want it on XX server now. But i cant see the point paying like £50 to faction change and then server just to get the gold :/ ofc dont make the gold account wide or bad things probs happen but atleast faction / server so all my say.. horde on XX server use the same gold pool. so i dont have to flick gold around all my chars everyday.

if wow would learn from d3. you would need to spend about 50-200 euro to be able to do a raid. Or farm for about 3 years to get enry gear

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shyzhi View Post
    I also really liked the gold across all chars as i got gold in WoW on XX server i dont play anymore and want it on XX server now. But i cant see the point paying like £50 to faction change and then server just to get the gold :/ ofc dont make the gold account wide or bad things probs happen but atleast faction / server so all my say.. horde on XX server use the same gold pool. so i dont have to flick gold around all my chars everyday.
    Yea Account wide bank for realm will be something verry good if be implented in to WoW