Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Here is a review of some really great tournament PvP, and the commentator goes in to good detail about how powerful the conditions are. He also shows that there are some really amazing ways to counter all of those conditions. The trick is good coordination.

Just wait for the game to be released and you will start getting use to thinking about when and how best to take care of your condition damage. It won't be as big of a deal once you're dealing with it daily.
    Why do I run? Why do I slay? Why do I play? ...Carrots? Nay.

Quote Originally Posted by fishious View Post
    Here is a review of some really great tournament PvP, and the commentator goes in to good detail about how powerful the conditions are. He also shows that there are some really amazing ways to counter all of those conditions. The trick is good coordination.

Just wait for the game to be released and you will start getting use to thinking about when and how best to take care of your condition damage. It won't be as big of a deal once you're dealing with it daily.
    Cool vid. Unfortunately I think there is going to be a lot of whining going on early in this game since player skill is such a major factor. Some people just aren't nearly as good as they think they are and/or they are used to WoW pvp where fotm comps > all. I know the one time I tried an sPvP match, I got my ass handed to me because I just went in using what I did in PvE with a hastily thrown together trait build. I did quite a bit of WvW but sPvP is a totally different game and I can definitely see where it will take some time to get the hang of it. Hopefully A-Net won't listen to the whiners and start swinging the nerf bat like mad. I don't think they did that in GW1 though so I'm not gonna worry about it yet.

Good to hear that Boons and Conditions really do play a role in the game. In most MMOs I've played, DoTs are useless and buffs are nice to have but probably won't change any tides. From pure habit, I've overlooked a lot of it in GW2. Gonna have to reconsider a bunch of things.

Quote Originally Posted by Osprey39 View Post
    snip
    I completely agree with you. I've played MMOs for a long time, and seen many of them go down the tubes because the player base continued to complain that they couldn't do everything another class could (EverQuest 2, anyone?).

That being said, ANet seems to be plenty aware of the fact that their game is different and the learning curve can be rough for people. I don't think we will see them bending to the overly vocal baddies, because ANet knows how the game should play.
    Why do I run? Why do I slay? Why do I play? ...Carrots? Nay.

Condition damage, besides some specific builds, isnt all that amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Sethorian View Post
    >killed an elementarist
    >he casted a skill that caused burning(before or after he went downed mode)
    >burned lasted for like 10-20 seconds(couldn't self heal since i used during the fight vs him)
    >i end the fight downed too even after killing him

conditions are fine
    Great example of someone who just needs to l2p.

The damage is ticking over 10seconds. Ask a Warrior how he likes his Adrenaline ability, they can frontload 5k easily. In glasscanon builds ive litterally seen a Warrior one-shot people with just 1 attack. And they arent the exception.
    Secondly, the Elementalist used a utility skill to DoT you up. If that was weaksauce and didnt even tickle you, then it would be useless.

He used a strong, damage, utility skill to hurt you. Then you should expect to have to deal with it. Something to heal you, protect you or remove conditions. If you didnt have anyway to deal with even a single condition, and this is a consistent problem for you, then you need to change your skill setup. Because there are plenty of ways to counter condition damage. And apparently you didnt bring any of those.

sorry bro, you can cry whatever you want about defending condition damage, but conditions are strong atm(since most if not all classes have it linked to the power trait points)~and as I stated before my healing skills were on cd, i also killed a lot of people with burning as well as I was downed a lot with bleedings and burning as well, just gotta see how that will end up when live hits.
    Last edited by Sesethi; 2012-08-03 at 01:07 PM.

sorry bro, you can cry whatever you want about defending condition damage, but conditions are strong atm(since most if not all classes have it linked to the power trait points)~and as I stated before my healing skills were on cd, i also killed a lot of people with burning as well as I was downed a lot with bleedings and burning as well, just gotta see how that will end up when live hits.
    Sorry "bro", that you cant seem to deal with condition damage. And over the course of at most 3 weekends of highly itterative beta, can claim condition damage, you can claim condition damage is overpowered. But, you dont present any evidense or anything. You present your (in)experience as fact, and thats about it.

While in truth there are a couple of ways to deal with condition damage, and you simply werent prepared at all. Would you have felt better if instead of ticking 3k damage, the Elemelist just straight up hit you for 3k damage? Because he could do that too.

Quote Originally Posted by fishious View Post
    I've played MMOs for a long time, and seen many of them go down the tubes because the player base continued to complain that they couldn't do everything another class could (EverQuest 2, anyone?).
    Heh, EQ2 went down the tubes for a hell of a loooooot more reasons than that. We were already that whiny during EQ1, and things went just fine.

The state of conditions make me happy, being a Necromancer and all. Back to my EQ1-level of class dominance, in fact, bwa hahaha!

the problem is not the conditions themselves but the format of the hot-join, 8v8, is too many people spamming condition based skills to have any proper counter, in 5v5 the conditions are not an issue

Engineers can stack confusion fasters then mesmers...

/sigh

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Engineers can stack confusion fasters then mesmers...

/sigh
    Yeah, that really bothers me too.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

10+ Year Old Account
    You died from 1 burn like a bad and then tell us condition damage is buffed by power (lawlz you serious?). Condition damage is buffed from malice, and I've have 20 bleeds, burn, poison, cripple, freeze, 5 vuln stacks, and weakness on me and still managed to kill my attackers, yet 1 burn brings you down? That just means your build is super bad/has a HUGE gaping hole weakness to the condition department and should be fixed.....
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

i never said condition damages come from power, they're linked to power because it increases their duration. My point is that they are stacking pretty fast and sometimes get an awful long duration time, like i said, i kill and have been killed due to conditions because they can stack pretty fast. And yea, i run with condition removing skills in my build, but you know, they have a cooldown , but still it did not reach the lvl of what hex stacking did back on gw1 with the few hex removal available back then
    Again, just got to wait and see how Anet will handle condition spreading and durations when live launches
    Last edited by Sesethi; 2012-08-03 at 02:52 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    i never said condition damages come from power, they're linked to power because it increases their duration. My point is that they are stacking pretty fast and sometimes get an awful long duration time, like i said, i kill and have been killed due to conditions because they can stack pretty fast. And yea, i run with condition removing skills in my build, but you know, they have a cooldown , but still it did not reach the lvl of what hex stacking did back on gw1 with the few hex removal available back then
    Again, just got to wait and see how Anet will handle condition spreading and durations when live launches
    They seem fine to me, conditions only become really theeatening when you get 10 seconds of bleed or 15+ stacks of bleed or have poison on when you need to heal... And chances are if you have that much bleed/burnning that up ur enemy popped a utility or two and you blowing your condition removal would be good.
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Osprey39 View Post
    Game's about to launch. It time to decide if you are gonna put your big boy pants on or if you're gonna be one of those jackasses that whines for nerfs on everything that beats them.
    Thank you for saying exactly what I was going to say lol
    Something wicked this way comes...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    I think i know what your problem is... you're trying to keep yourself 100% clean, you will NEVER be 100% clean EVER PERIOD EVER!! what you do is remove things like poison, bleed, and burning when they get nasty IE 5+ seconds of burning, poison near healing, or 12+ stacks of bleed is when they become dangerous, like 1 stack of bleed is only like 40 damage per second, so it's really nothing to be afraid of, burning does quite a bit more then that but lasts VERY small amounts of time...
    Precisely my problem with the only ways Thieves have of removing the damaging conditions, without non-damaging conditions getting in the way, and without having to waste one of our best mobility skills (if you save it for condition removal, you're losing out on mobility, if you use it for the mobility when you need it, you're losing the condition removal). Only Hide in Shadows can you reliably control, and requires you to lose Withdraw (which is my favorite heal). The only other way to remove those damaging conditions is the automatic trait that simply procs whenever you're low, regardless of where the stacks are, regardless of whether or not you have those conditions.

Conditions aren't too powerful, but I think some professions are going to rely on other professions to handle condition removal for them.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.