251 28.65%
  • Russia

6 0.68%
  • Other

141 16.10%
Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Aleros View Post
    China is leading the way in renewable energy technology.

Sweden is the leader in health care and quality of life technologies.

Japan is leading in internet and computer technologies.

Germany is the leader in beer technology

Russia is the leader in vodka technology.

USA is the leader in guns, nukes, monster trucks, and ignorance.

USA has been way behind other countries since the 60s when it comes to technological advancements, and in the last 20 years has fallen behind several countries in quality of life and overall happiness.
    ^ This is pretty much my understanding of the world from lectures and guest international professors. I've lived in the US all my life, and no, I'm not hating on our country.

10+ Year Old Account
    US overall. Japan for robots and computer stuff.
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Windry View Post
    ^ This is pretty much my understanding of the world from lectures and guest international professors. I've lived in the US all my life, and no, I'm not hating on our country.
    We still lead in a lot of categories, including agricultural studies, various fields of medicine, military technology, software development, and so on. I'm not very patriotic but I don't hate my country at all. I'm a very objective person.
    In the fell clutch of circumstance
    I have not winced nor cried aloud.
    Under the bludgeonings of chance
    My head is bloody, but unbowed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
    For all of you "YAY USA IS GREAT", watch this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i7lKNjtvfpc

Was from Aaron Sorken (An American) on the HBO (An American TV Station) on The Newsroom (An American TV Show).

---------- Post added 2012-08-03 at 11:35 AM ----------

Doubt it, they wanted to bring in SOPA and PIPA remember, that is pretty backwards
    No, the American PEOPLE did not want SOPA or PIPA. The PEOPLE had a bloodless revolution over those bills. It was idiot politicians and greedy companies that wanted those disastrous bills. The organizations and companies here that develop web technology were for the most part staunchly in protest against SOPA/PIPA.

Oh and I'm SO GLAD this thread went Anti American on the first page.
    Last edited by Adam Jensen; 2012-08-03 at 02:14 AM.
    Putin khuliyo

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
    For all of you "YAY USA IS GREAT", watch this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i7lKNjtvfpc
    nice one

the US do not even have reliable electricity x) several MASSIVE blackouts a decade
    I have never witnessed a single one in my country

Quote Originally Posted by Elohel View Post
    Most advanced in technology? Undoubtedly the United States. However, I'd say North Europe is a nicer place to live for the common man, so I'm inclined to say it's a toss-up. Military technology definitely goes to the US. Our navy and air force are years ahead in technology of other countries, besides our closest allies.
    What does "most advanced in technology" even mean, when according to this article "our 15-year-olds rank 17th in the world in science and 25th in math. We rank 12th among developed countries in college graduation (down from No. 1 for decades). We come in 79th in elementary-school enrollment. Our infrastructure is ranked 23rd in the world, well behind that of every other major advanced economy. American health numbers are stunning for a rich country: based on studies by the OECD and the World Health Organization, we're 27th in life expectancy, 18th in diabetes and first in obesity.

Only a few decades ago, the U.S. stood tall in such rankings. No more. There are some areas in which we are still clearly No. 1, but they're not ones we usually brag about. We have the most guns. We have the most crime among rich countries. And, of course, we have by far the largest amount of debt in the world.
    "

Maybe the US can claim to be #1 in some areas by virtue of being a 1st world nation with a population of 314 million, but not for very many other reasons.

All the other chicks hate the prettiest girl because she gets the most attention. She is a "bitch" even if she really has a great personality and a "slut" even if she is still a virgin.

Overall the United States, but some other countries beat the US in certain fields.

When it comes to military, medicine, computer technology, automobile and airplane innovation, electronics, and of course the big one....Space technology, I would say the U.S. I would also include the Internet, but just because so many of the most popular websites are U.S created.

Edit: I love how so many Europeans are quickly turning this into America bashing. Stay classy folks.
    Last edited by nrpl712; 2012-08-03 at 02:45 AM.

Well, didn't take long for this party to get started.

Quote Originally Posted by damntree View Post
    Yeah, at least there isn't an upvote / reputation system or else the circlejerk would be fapping a lot more furiously.

I'm glad to see at least half of the users see beyond that and realize the US is hardly anything like that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elohel View Post
    Yeah, at least there isn't an upvote / reputation system or else the circlejerk would be fapping a lot more furiously.

I'm glad to see at least half of the users see beyond that and realize the US is hardly anything like that.
    Idiot. We're all rednecks here. Didn't you see the latest census?
    In the fell clutch of circumstance
    I have not winced nor cried aloud.
    Under the bludgeonings of chance
    My head is bloody, but unbowed.

Japan computers? I would have said America. In electronics? Not these days, I would argue Korea. In robotics? probably.

Germany beer? I would argue GB and Ireland

Russia Vodka? I guess so

France for wine

Belgium for chocolate

USA in guns? I don't know anything about guns.

Sweden in health care? I don't know anything about health care.

Cars, Aeroplanes, Submarines (engineering)? UK

But i'm sure someone could have a valid point to counter argue any of my opinions just the same.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by damntree View Post
    No kidding. Some people can just never get over their little brother outgrowing them.

Anyway. The reality is that no one country in the developed world is anymore advanced than any other. Most of major firms have development campuses outside in multiple countries. Is a Microsoft product that is designed in Washington and developed in China an American product or a Chinese product? What about a Sony cell phone? The brand is Japanese but a lot of the brains are Swedish and the headquarters is in London. Is that an English product? Japanese? Swedish? Who knows. Even military hardware is developed cross nationally in some instances. The Eurofighter and the JSF are obvious examples. Stop trying to box the world into neat little compartments. That era is over.

I would say the US, loads of people so there is lots of talant and money, but then they are lacking in some areas to, their internet/4g infrastructure seems to be quite lackluster and they got shit public transport, thats just two examples that immediately pops up in my mind, I'm sure there are other things that could be made examples of, but I'm not an expert. The US is still my pick simply because they got a massive population, lots of capital and the combination leads to lots of talant and well financed science.

It does not mean the average american has access to more advanced technology though, from what I have gathered high speed internet coverage seems to be quite lacking in comparison with some other nations for example.
    The nerve is called the "nerve of awareness". You cant dissect it. Its a current that runs up the center of your spine. I dont know if any of you have sat down, crossed your legs, smoked DMT, and watch what happens... but what happens to me is this big thing goes RRRRRRRRRAAAAAWWW! up my spine and flashes in my brain... well apparently thats whats going to happen if I do this stuff...

Quote Originally Posted by ArcaneFrostFire View Post
    nice one

the US do not even have reliable electricity x) several MASSIVE blackouts a decade
    I have never witnessed a single one in my country
    thats cause they use obsolete 120 volt system and not 220 v like rest of the world.. so it creates overload

Japan of course

Deleted
    Voted Japan, but USA is in top5 I think..Some of the countries in europe are really advanced also like Sweden or Finland etc.

Deleted

USA has been way behind other countries since the 60s when it comes to technological advancements, and in the last 20 years has fallen behind several countries in quality of life and overall happiness.

What? The same China that has the largest CO2 emissions in the world, and gets 95% of its energy needs from non renewable sources?

Sure, they are making some improvements with regards to renewable energy sources, but they are nowhere near the most 'technologically advanced' in the area.

You can't really say that abo the US either, because the quality of life is much higher than say China or India, where people are treated like dogs
    Last edited by mmoc79941db17a; 2012-08-03 at 04:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackmoves View Post
    I would say the US, loads of people so there is lots of talant and money, but then they are lacking in some areas to, their internet/4g infrastructure seems to be quite lackluster and they got shit public transport, thats just two examples that immediately pops up in my mind, I'm sure there are other things that could be made examples of, but I'm not an expert. The US is still my pick simply because they got a massive population, lots of capital and the combination leads to lots of talant and well financed science.

It does not mean the average american has access to more advanced technology though, from what I have gathered high speed internet coverage seems to be quite lacking in comparison with some other nations for example.
    All three of your "points" regarding what the U.S. is lacking all relate back to how incredibly large the U.S. is. We don't have exceptional public transportation because it would cost far too much to make it accessible by the majority of Americans. Hence almost all of us own personal vehicles. We don't have a solid 4g infrastructure because our country is HUGE compared to the few countries that do have a solid 4g set up.

We don't have incredible High Speed Internet because, well, that department is a solid monopoly here in America and we pay out the ass to get what is offered to us. Not much we can do about that. There have been many articles and studies that have shown the U.S. already has the technology and $$$ to create one of the fastest internet infrastructures the world has ever seen, but the monopolizing companies are obviously greedy and won't let that happen.