Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

[TV] Big Brother Season 14

So who else is bored and watches this as well?

I admit it's a guilty pleasure. It's stupid as hell but in some way compelling and fun to watch.

Anyone else think the current season is completely setup though? How many times are they going to the All-Star well? It's dry and no one gives a shit about Janell or Mike Boogie..

Anywho.... Thoughts? Comments? Bashing? (dont bash I'm a mod).

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't believe this show is still going lol.

When it first came out it was an interesting concept, but they are pretty much milking a dead cow. I would watch it again of they really gave it a new twist, the only thing I like about it is seeing the contestants fail, because lets be honest I never really sympathize with any of the people on that show, they have a habbit of choosing really nasty people.

I usually always watch the first show to see whose going to be in the house but I fade out after that... It is indeed a guilty pleasure but its one that has kind of wore out its welcome

But Fuzzzie bashing is half the fun. Actually, it's 100% of the fun now.

I watched it for a couple of seasons a few year back but it was too scripted. Contestant A is on the verge of being eliminated and wow not only does he barely survive but he wins HOH.

However, they have former wrestler Sid Viscious's son on there now which is kind of cool.

Meh I have been enjoying this season, boogie is fun. And I can't imagine all the drama with the last twist. (No spoilers)

I never miss a season. I may get crap for it but I generally find it really entertaining. But I'm guessing you're watching the US version. I'll be alone watching the UK one. D:

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elyaan View Post
    I never miss a season. I may get crap for it but I generally find it really entertaining. But I'm guessing you're watching the US version. I'll be alone watching the UK one. D:
    hehe, well i watched a little of the UK version. It was a little over-the-top for me. That's actually saying a lot.
    Might finish it if I get bored some time.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzzie View Post
    hehe, well i watched a little of the UK version. It was a little over-the-top for me. That's actually saying a lot.
    Might finish it if I get bored some time.
    It's incredibly bitchy this year, but the twists have been good (last night, someone walked out of the house with half the prize fund, even though the final is next week).

10+ Year Old Account
    My mum watches it. I personally don't understand reality TV.

UK one has turned into a farce imo

Deleted
    reality tv is designed to make you even less intelligent, i advice EVERYBODY, to stop watching it.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzzie View Post
    <snip> Anyone else think the current season is completely setup though? <snip>
    Most of these "reality" shows are staged and/or edited, so what you see is usually a twisted version of reality to make it more entertaining. I think it's like every other reality show, staged. :P
    Last edited by Fuzzzie; 2012-08-05 at 01:57 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    dear god this is still goin in some countries?! i think it died at about s5 in mine country..and i still think it should be killed after s1 if not sooner ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Vladinator View Post
    Most of these "reality" shows are staged and/or edited, so what you see is usually a twisted version of reality to make it more entertaining. I think it's like every other reality show, staged. :P
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BBwepkVurCI This shows you exactly how the producers can make stuff look like whatever they want

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anno View Post
    reality tv is designed to make you even less intelligent, i advice EVERYBODY, to stop watching it.
    It's entertainment. There's nothing wrong with finding something entertaining to watch on TV. I don't see how watching it would have any effect on your actual intelligence.

---------- Post added 2012-08-04 at 09:58 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Vladinator View Post
    To clarify (and I know it's edited a certain way and some aspects are staged) I feel like the introduction of previous cast members as coaches and having them get the opportunity to play the game was a very transparent bit of staging. For one thing they had the "America Votes" thing where you choose if the "coaches" are to be allowed to play the game. Then in the end they're given the choice. So really you're voting for nothing. If America "chose" to not have the coaches enter the game, they would have just scrapped the poll and given them the choice anyways.

I guess you would have to be watching it to understand, but these 4 people they brought in to "coach" the new players this season have pretty much been running the show. The rest of the contestants are pretty much just expendable pawns. What I've liked about this show in previous seasons was the manipulation and deceit that went into someone winning. A lot of that has gone out the window this time around.

Still, it's a far better cast than last summers..

Oh and sorry about the edit of your post. I accidentally hit "Edit" instead of "Reply". They're right next to each other :P I didn't change the content.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by caractacus View Post
    UK one has turned into a farce imo
    It's still going?! I think I stopped watching sometime around s4.

Well one man's pleasure and all that.

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one.

Quote Originally Posted by Elyaan View Post
    UK version is lols! Pretty lame now caroline has left to be fair.

Quote Originally Posted by rzy View Post
    UK version is lols! Pretty lame now caroline has left to be fair.
    Indeed. She was entertaining to watch. Until recently. I found her spending the entire shopping budget on chocolate a lame immitation of last year's bananagate, and damn was she unbareable on Bit On The Side.

Anyways, who's your favorite to win?

[TV] Big Brother 14 finale.

WOW. Dan deserved to win over Ian. I can't believe they voted for Ian to win when Dan clearly MASTER minded his entire way through the game.

And before anyone says "Oh he swore on his wife and the bible etc etc" Yeah, and when he did, he wasn't lieing. He swore on that stuff that he was telling the truth about Ian.
    No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted.

10+ Year Old Account
    And Russell should have won Survivor by that measure.

Actually, I take that back, Russell wasn't that dishonorable.

Fact is, if you stab that many people in the back, don't be surprised if they're reluctant to vote for you in the end. Did he play them like a fiddle? Sure did. He also burned his bridges.

Now someone get Britney her own show. /swoon

15+ Year Old Account
    Pretty much went down as I figured it would. Nobody was going to vote for Dan. Danielle is just clueless right up to the end giving him his only vote.

Oh.. and 16,000 posts o.O