Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    I dont understand why all the PvE'ers are getting upset about this...How do you think the Warrior PvP'ers felt when they found out Heroic Gurthlak was BiS? Then when the tide changes its suddenly a huge deal.

pve trinkets will be 6/12 ilevels higher and you can upgrade them so they should be far better than pvp ones unless there is some gimmick with pvp power(which most likely will be as with every new thing blizzard introduces )

Quote Originally Posted by Farabee View Post
    I'm OK with PVP gear being decent for PVE, for once. It'll make gearing my Ret set easier, and it will allow me to skip the drudgery of LFR for offset stuff.

As for the trinkets, why are people complaining? Do you REALLY want another Dragon Soul situation where you may NEVER have a decent trinket in your 2nd slot if you get really unlucky? My main has been doing Heroic DS for months and is still using 391 Scales Of Life in trinket slot #2 (Spine trinket as #1). My guild has also never seen a heroic Bone Link Fetish and only one Creche/Vial. Maybe this is Blizzard's response; do some PVP and you can fill out your second trinket slot easily. I'll take it, thanks.
    Its fine having other options, but generally as a rule i think PvE gear should always be the best for PvE and PvP gear the best for PvP, some crossover is fine to help fill slots or until you get upgrades etc but this is an issue that should be solved, for a long time PvE trinkets were too dominant in PvP, the stat allocation changes should help that a lot but there is still the risk of a PvE trinket coming along with a burst dmg proc that would be too powerful again. Having PvP power as a base stat or proc would help massively to make them non BiS for PvE, also with enough of it they would become BiS for PvP which is something blizzards needed to fix for a very long time.

I'll be honest, I wasn't around in Vanilla.

Was PvP really that broken before there was specific PvP stats? Ignoring class imbalances, "skill", and other factors, does resilience really do anything for PvP aside from making small scale skirmishes longer because people take less damage? Sure, it takes some pressure off PvP healers, but that's looking like it'll be undone by PvP Power (I'll save my griping about how silly that sounds for now. But seriously, Penetration? Mercilessness? ... Faction Fanboyism, even?)

Were things really so bad when raiders could effectively PvP, and PvPers could effectively raid?

i dont care what trinkets gonna be bis as usual ill farm w/e is needed and will have them

be it pve or pvp

no need to cry over that
    "The speed of light is faster than the speed of sound.
    That's why so many people look smart until they start talking."

FC-0404-6893-4293 Fire safari Larvesta/Growlithe/Braixen IGN: X Archimand, Y Shina.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Archimand View Post
    i dont care what trinkets gonna be bis as usual ill farm w/e is needed and will have them

be it pve or pvp

no need to cry over that
    +1
    /10chars

15+ Year Old Account
    I think if you just change the proc or on-use to PvP Power over the base stat, that fixes this issue.
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackce08 View Post
    I dont understand why all the PvE'ers are getting upset about this...How do you think the Warrior PvP'ers felt when they found out Heroic Gurthlak was BiS? Then when the tide changes its suddenly a huge deal.
    Yea as soon as we PVPers (*cough* truly skilled players) get an advantage in their precious dragon killing they cry but years with overpowered PVE items in PVP was not a problem.
    Now that's logical.

Quote Originally Posted by Fenixdown View Post
    I think if you just change the proc or on-use to PvP Power over the base stat, that fixes this issue.
    There's usually two kinds of trinkets for PVP, on with the use effect and one with proc. Nobody really use the proc as many prefer having a controlled nuke.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Servasus View Post
    Seriously? THAT'S what you got out of that?

The pvp trinkets should NOT be BiS for every class and every spec. They are going to be unless the imbalance is changed. Trust me, I'm on the Beta, and it's not worth using anything else at the moment. The only trinkets better are found in Terrace of Endless Spring.
    Tell me now, how does it feel to be on the other side of the problem?

Quote Originally Posted by Farabee View Post
    Who cares? I'd rather have a great trinket be available from easy Conquest rather than farm a raid for months and months for a 3% chance to get a BIS trinket like DS. Historically, trinkets have been the biggest PITA to get for PVE, maybe Blizzard wants to change this.
    Or perhaps all the trinkets have placeholder amounts. There are trinkets in heroics that give abysmal Cataclysm-level procs even though they are 53 ilevels higher. They seem to still be tweaking the procs. Also we have no idea how often some of the ICDs are yet. They could proc like mad, or they could proc only once evey 90 seconds.

---------- Post added 2012-08-03 at 08:29 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Holo View Post
    Tell me now, how does it feel to be on the other side of the problem?
    I'm not, but thanks for the concern of my feelings.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not, but thanks for the concern of my feelings.
    How does it feel to be on the other side of the problem? Answer = I'm not?

How does that even make any sense?

Quote Originally Posted by Holo View Post
    How does it feel to be on the other side of the problem? Answer = I'm not?

How does that even make any sense?
    Because you're assuming an ilevel 383 trinket is going to have more stat weight than something over 20 ilevels higher, and it's not. It's just not tuned at the moment. The pvp trinkets are going to be a good trinket to have until you get better, but they will by no means be left as the BiS trinkets. It's most likely an oversight on Blizzard's part. The only reason weapons have been OP in pvp is because of the procs they carry, and those weapons almost always are legendaries and require an assload of time to acquire or are off of end bosses.

Therefor, I'm not on any side of your supposed "fence" until this actually makes it live.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have no problem with PvP trinkets being useful in PvE. Getting conquest is relatively easy.

I do kinda find it strange that the PvP trinkets aren't on use PvP Power and Defense. Why introduce the new stat if they don't use it.

From tbc to cata; The best trinkets for arena where pve ones; now, for the first time, a pvp trinket is BiS for arenas and you people complain? Get over it.
    You crying babies have no reason to complain, 1650 Valor points is a joke for you guys, you don't need to do a single pvp to get those items.
    Last edited by ducklino; 2012-08-03 at 03:48 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ducklino View Post
    From tbc to cata; The best trinkets for arena where pve ones; now, for the first time, a pvp trinket is BiS for arenas and you people complain? Get over it.
    You crying babies have no reason to complain, 1650 Valor points is a joke for you guys, you don't need to do a single pvp to get those items.
    No one is complaining that pvp trinkets are BiS in arenas. People have an issue with them being BiS in raids.

Deleted
    Why do you people want to see others suffer? Does it make you feel better that someone will be screwed over because you were in the past? Wouldn't it be better to have a balanced game? I feel that your anger is very much misplaced, since I doubt it was PvE players that designed the PvE gear to be strong in PvP.

Its not about imbalances from the past, Ill agree the biggest problem PvP's had is the effect of PvE gear on it which blizzards seeming to address with PvP power, it all comes down to simple balance, I PvP, I arena, I raid heroics, I don't mind there being crossover, sometimes i Use t2 arena weps for pve if ive been unlucky with drops, but I still think its a fair and balanced point that PvE gear should always be best for PvE and PvP gear for PvP hopefully that will happen this xpac but this is jsut one oversight by blizz they will hopefully fix as it makes the game fairer and more balanced for people just doing PvE/PvP or doing both like me.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRagebear View Post
    Were things really so bad when raiders could effectively PvP, and PvPers could effectively raid?
    It was problematic in that ONLY raiders could PVP effectively.

No matter how skilled you are in PVP, you not are not going to beat a raider with vastly superior gear.

Now there are 2 ways to get gear. PVP or PVE. However currently the gear obtained is only useful for the PVP or PVE respectively. This is changing in MoP.

Quote Originally Posted by smegdawg View Post
    I have no problem with PvP trinkets being useful in PvE. Getting conquest is relatively easy.

I do kinda find it strange that the PvP trinkets aren't on use PvP Power and Defense. Why introduce the new stat if they don't use it.
    Exactly - seems like a boneheaded move. PvP trinkets in PvE are going to short-circuit the gearing path big-time. I hope they get this fixed in the next beta patch.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because you're assuming an ilevel 383 trinket is going to have more stat weight than something over 20 ilevels higher, and it's not. It's just not tuned at the moment. The pvp trinkets are going to be a good trinket to have until you get better, but they will by no means be left as the BiS trinkets. It's most likely an oversight on Blizzard's part. The only reason weapons have been OP in pvp is because of the procs they carry, and those weapons almost always are legendaries and require an assload of time to acquire or are off of end bosses.

Therefor, I'm not on any side of your supposed "fence" until this actually makes it live.
    You're talking about blizzard. I'd bet money on that they are going to launch MoP live as beta is today. With very minimal changes to slightly adjust raids only.

Bisides, if they are going to change this, but not pvp power on weapons, there is a shitstorm coming on the horizon.