Cool New to guild wars.. Have a few questions

I'm a old wow player and Ive played rift and swtor and a couple free mmos like aion and Runes of magic. I bought guild wars2 today online and I didn't get a chance to get into the stress test... do to my fault on timing cause i was downloading the client and it took a while.

So here are my questions if you want to answer them.

1. Is there any flying mounts in guild wars2?
    2. Is there a Looking for dungeon finder?
    3. How many people can be in a group for a dungeon?
    4. Is pvp more arena based or is there some sort of battlegrounds like wow?
    5. Are there world bosses to be killed?
    6. Are their factions or is it just one faction vs all
    7. Is there a enemy boss at the endgame like (for example: deathwing or lichking)

10+ Year Old Account
    "Questions are for those seeking answers. Those who have answers are those who have asked questions." -Mike R. (Malthurius)

1. no
    2. no
    3. 5 iirc
    4. bgs
    5. yes
    6. one player faction, pvp is against other servers
    7. There are lots of different big bad guys, a handful of lich king style dragons are among them.

thanks i will check this out

Also check out

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Main_Page

Fantabullous source of up to date info!

Quote Originally Posted by lastwolf82 View Post
    Two types of PVP in this game. One is structured PVP (sPvP) and the other is World vs world (WvW). sPvP everybody is level 80 with all skills unlocked and access to the same quality of gear, you can tweek the stats on the gear to your likeing but its all the same iLvl to use a wow term. Each map is in a conquest format, you gain points based off how many controll points your team holds (think Arathi basin but with only 3 points). You can also gain points from kills and depending on the map there may be additional bonus points avalible for other actions. First team to 500 points wins or highest points after 15 minutes.

WvW is sort of like open world PVP. Your server is your team and you are matched up vs 2 other servers for 2 week runing battles. Combat revolves around takeing and holding camps, towers and keeps with siege warefare equipment all but required for the later two. Each objective awards some amount of points to the server that holds them every 5 minutes. Server wide bonuses such as enhanced XP, crafting bonuses, and better magic find chance to name a few are awarded at specific point thresholds. Every player below level 80 has their base stats boosted to that of a level 80 of their proffession. While your base stats may be even you still are useing your PVE gear, skills, and traits so a level 1 boosted up is still a fair bit weaker than a true level 80. you can unlock skills, gain XP and even get loot drops in WvW both from NPC's and players. Players dont drop their gear on death but if you loot their corpse they have the same loot table as any other mob apropreate to your true level.

Who is John Galt?

Quote Originally Posted by lastwolf82 View Post
    I'm a old wow player and Ive played rift and swtor and a couple free mmos like aion and Runes of magic. I bought guild wars2 today online and I didn't get a chance to get into the stress test... do to my fault on timing cause i was downloading the client and it took a while.

So here are my questions if you want to answer them.

1. Is there any flying mounts in guild wars2?
    2. Is there a Looking for dungeon finder?
    3. How many people can be in a group for a dungeon?
    5. Are there world bosses to be killed?
    6. Are their factions or is it just one faction vs all
    7. Is there a enemy boss at the endgame like (for example: deathwing or lichking)
    1. No mounts at all, but many way points all over the place where you can warp to for a few coin, and no you don't have to reach one to travel, you just have to have reached the one your wanting to go to but you can do it from anywhere.

2. No one can really answer that right now, in the beta client there wasn't but who knows what they have added and/or kept hidden of the release version. Probably not and probably not soon if at all, but honestly there is no real need for it since no "3DPS and healer LF tank", and several of the dungeons the "que" would include everyone from levels 30-80, or 35-80, or.... aka large amount of possible people wanting to run a dungeon at any time since you get down scaled to the level of the dungeon.

3. Five

4. 5v5 in a medium/small map of holding 3 points + bonus thing to do which differse between maps is one mode, and huge 4 map world vs world that lasts 2 weeks at a time is the other... structured PvP everyone has equal gear and access to any skills, WvW you have your "PvE" gear and only have unlocked what you have unlocked for your toon.

5. Many, tons, multiple per map for some zones, get the point yet?, yes. And due to downscaling you can be say level 80 and go fight a level 17 "world boss" and still be challenged.

6. No factions per say, but each sever is a side in WvWvW where every 2 weeks servers are paired up in "pairs" of 3 to fight for control over 4 huge siege maps.

7. Yes and no, there are many world bosses which you encounter which scale in difficulty and power based on how many people are fighting it at a time, but there is no boss where you can gather say 24-99 friends and go "lets fight xxx at 6pm Friday", their spawns are all only in the open world (aka no INSTANCED raids) and are tied to dynamic events.... Just don't confuse no instanced raids with no raids because their are bosses that will require a raid to take down, just they are open world happen randomly and you don't have to be in a group to get kill credit, you just need to help in the fight.

EDIT:
    And just to add on to point 1, don't ever expect any mounts added to the game, and even if they did they would never add flying, there are many jumping puzzles with cool rewards at the end of them flying would break many of them so the odds of them ever adding flying within the next 20 years is .000000000000000000001% since it would break many parts of what makes exploration fun and rewarding in the game.
    Last edited by Hockeyhacker; 2012-08-03 at 05:26 AM.

Flying mounts aren't going to happen, it takes away one of their intended designs: Keep people on the ground and actually seeing the landscape and the scale. Huge skeleton army in the way? Not so intimidating when you can fly over it and find a quest giver on the other side. Now if you have to fight your way through it or climb around it? Much more impactful. The landscapes themselves are huge and diminish greatly the second that you're no longer attached to the ground. How small is Stormwind now, really? Take a look at Divinity's Reach sometime. My jaw is still on the floor. From BWE1.

Mounts themselves are unnecessary when you can A) Map travel to any waypoint you've already unlocked, and b) Run much much faster when out of combat, which is what mounts were intended to function for, anyways. So really, we don't need ground mounts either.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

thanks again . for all your input this enlightened me on alot of stuff /cheers

There are no travel mounts but combat mounts (e.g. golems).