Page 1 of 3
LastLast

beta 15929 getting one shooted again

With full pvp gear there seems to be around 50% net damage reduction, factoring pvp res/power.

Mages one shoot people in a single deep freeze again and healing is more potent than ever overscaling with pvp power, even health % based heals are double diping with pvp power.

Shields like icebarrier, pw:s still absorbing for ridiculous broken amounts in super short cooldowns, almost spammable for mages considering their insane avoidance.

I think we should rush blizzard to get at least pvp ability/stats scaling right or this game is gonna take a huge hit from GW2, people are going to throw the towel from wow pvp i am not pessimistic but the picture is looking really really grimm, not a single day of proper pvp testing since beta started, really depressing.
    Last edited by darthades; 2012-08-03 at 03:53 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    They have knowledge of this, it will get fixed.

tbh i agree with most of this.
    atleast atm theirs 40base resil, Which for some reason theirs crits doing 300k. which is so fun..
    you can blow people up again in 4-5seconds as certain classes, hey guys we really want to change pvp.
    Were going to overdo it a bit, then nerf it by to much to help your pvp.

Beta is not over... And pvp balance has a couple of weeks into october to balance before the new season starts.

Quote Originally Posted by Dietrik View Post
    Beta is not over... And pvp balance has a couple of weeks into october to balance before the new season starts.
    New season starts a week after a xpac releases. theirs lots of time to actually test pvp properly and fix accordingly.

Trust me, either pvp power needs to be buffed or resil needs to be nerfed, its like im pulling off the same amount of dmg as i did back in cataclysm.

I don't see 1 shooting ever happening.

Quote Originally Posted by Beefkow View Post
    Trust me, either pvp power needs to be buffed or resil needs to be nerfed, its like im pulling off the same amount of dmg as i did back in cataclysm.

I don't see 1 shooting ever happening.
    are u talking about the new build? 15929?

dude, i died in one deep freeze from 100 to zero with full pvp gear, how can u argue about that?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by artem123 View Post
    New season starts a week after a xpac releases. theirs lots of time to actually test pvp properly and fix accordingly.
    Just like in for wrath and cata! Oh wait, they don't fix anything.

Quote Originally Posted by spk View Post
    Just like in for wrath and cata! Oh wait, they don't fix anything.
    i know, is extremely hard not to be cynical about Blizzzard's PvP attitude, they really put it at the top botton of their priority list.

I really like my chars, i dont think i can make 2 similar toons on GW2, thats the only thing stoping me from throwing the towel.

They do fix things, but it takes them months of months for simple things like changing one number, that is unaceptable, i guess multilingual tooltips are really rocket science.
    Last edited by darthades; 2012-08-03 at 04:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by darthades View Post
    are u talking about the new build? 15929?

dude, i died in one deep freeze from 100 to zero with full pvp gear, how can u argue about that?
    Actually i was talking about the beta patch before the current one your talking about, it takes 5 people to bring down ONE healer below 50% hp which tells be something needs to be changed.
    Last edited by Beefkow; 2012-08-03 at 04:55 AM.

Blizzard keeps being stupid about this for idk what reason. The problem isn't resilience or overall burst. The problem is a select few classes with far more burst than others. People have listed them time and time again but for some reason Blizzard glosses over it.

Those specs are:
    arms warrior (already toned down)
    affliction warlocks (already toned down)
    boomkins
    frost mages
    fire mages
    shadow priests
    all hunter specs (the blanket buffs were so ridiculous I facepalmed seeing them)
    frost dks

The game is at a point right now that is ridiculously easily to balance. Ranged is once again being shown to have an enormous advantage in pve and it's pretty blatant in pvp too. Nerfs/tweaks/spreading of damage needs to occur for all of the above mentioned ranged specs.

Oh and healers are still pretty ridiculous being able to take on 3 dps coordinating CC's/interrupts without dropping below 50% hp. PvP power needs to not buff healing.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrysopoeia View Post
    They said that about a lot of stuff in Cata, too.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

your complaints are valid, but i´d like to see you use a bit less misleading title.

"oneshotted in a single deepfreeze" this has NOTHIGN to do with oneshotted.

you get deepfreezed, and then threeshotted.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ripponesan View Post
    your complaints are valid, but i´d like to see you use a bit less misleading title.

"oneshotted in a single deepfreeze" this has NOTHIGN to do with oneshotted.

you get deepfreezed, and then threeshotted.
    It amounts to the same thing - damage that's done in a very short burst and is completely unhealable.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    It amounts to the same thing - damage that's done in a very short burst and is completely unhealable.
    Except it doesn't, because what you're describing requires a minimum of 6.5 seconds and 4 GCDs. There's no mention of healing and sorry, if shields are OP, that includes healing shields, which would have at least extended the life of the player.
    EverQuest, City of Heroes, Star Wars Galaxies, EverQuest II, World of Warcraft, Guild Wars, Star Wars TOR, Guild Wars 2, Rift.

classes doing unhealable damage:
    -Frost mage / kills you in a deep 100-0
    -moonkins / sp / firemages

they NEED to NERF dps classes off healing.

Overall this xpac is looking very bright and green for caster cleaves yet again. (so far at least)
    Do not take my word for it. Watch Beta recorded games. Twitch Tv - Zilea / Nuvoz / Talbadar / hoodrychx. Zilea has the latest footage from build 15929 (mage 100-0 / destro massive burst. can be found in zileas latest recordings)

@Chrysopoeia
    Any link where blizz makes it clear they they are aware of frost mages broken damage and dps classes having way too strong offheals ?

Quote Originally Posted by artem123 View Post
    Yes you keep telling yourself that........

Quote Originally Posted by darthades View Post
    Mages one shoot people in a single deep freeze again and healing is more potent than ever overscaling with pvp power, even health % based heals are double diping with pvp power.

To be honest, I don't see how this really is much different than now on live.

If you can't trinket a deep freeze, you're pretty much dead anyway. It isn't really so much a matter of tuning as it is the fact that Blizzard are totally deaf to the fact that frost mage mechanics are given a free pass for far too long.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrysopoeia View Post
    like wrath and cata ect ect

I really don't think blizz can fix pvp at this point, pve effects to much of the game and they still are trying to make every spec viable for pve.

People are funny. A couple weeks ago I read a post complaining that Resilience was too good, and it took too long to kill someone in PVP. It had become a game for Tanks and Healers on the Beta and that burst in pvp was dead. Funny how things change so quickly.

There seemed to be plenty of posts like this until recently.: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6202181898

So I am guess they are still in the process of tuning.
    Quote Originally Posted by lakers01 View Post
    Those damn liberal colleges! Can you believe they brainwash people into thinking murder is wrong! And don't get me started with all that critical thinking bullshit!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    I'm being trickled on from above. Wait that's not money.