Thread: Moving out

Moving out

Hey guys, I've come to the stage of moving out on a "trial" (parents owning about three houses & one of them stands empty), what would I need to look out for and what do I need to pay? also, what are the min/max on a internet connection that can run wow?

Moving to a 2person "house" on my own in Denmark. and yes, my prioritys are awesome
    Last edited by Korie; 2012-08-03 at 07:29 AM.

Lol. Gotta love priorities.

you should really add wich country you live inn

" A single dream is more powerful than a thousand realities "

10+ Year Old Account
    Are you going to get flat mates or live on your own or is mummy and daddy paying for it all

Rent
    Power
    Internet
    Is the house furnished already
    Last edited by starkey; 2012-08-03 at 07:29 AM.
    I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is back on the scene! I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is my name, and fuckin' up motherfuckers is my game!

Quote Originally Posted by starkey View Post
    Are you going to get flat mates or live on your own or is mummy and daddy paying for it all
    Moving out to a 2 person house on my own in denmark, I have to pay for it myself.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cathias View Post
    Moving out to a 2 person house on my own in denmark, I have to pay for it myself.
    Ok then you gotta get kitchen stuff, a washing machine? or are you going the laundry mat option.Fridge / freezer combo since your on ya own then get a small fridge freezer.

As far as internet connection you can run wow on a 5mbit easy its upto you and your budget also depends if you wanna stream or do torrents then go for 10mbit
    Last edited by starkey; 2012-08-03 at 07:38 AM.
    I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is back on the scene! I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is my name, and fuckin' up motherfuckers is my game!

Ok then you gotta get kitchen stuff, a washing machine? or are you going the laundry mat option.Fridge / freezer combo since your own ya own then get a small fridge freezer
    Since we've had guests live there on holiday & shit there's a bed, kitchen stuff(oven & shit) freezer and I'm allowed to do my laundry at my parents house(about 20min driving with a car) I mainly ment what do I have to pay/watch out for

---------- Post added 2012-08-03 at 07:37 AM ----------

As far as internet connection you can run wow on a 5mbit easy its upto you and your budget
    I found a internet connection for about 10pound a month(getting paid 450 pound a month by the gouverment for my education & shit)

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmm I'm not sure quite what you mean by what to look out for. The most basic of DSL packages will run world of warcraft quite easily, but if you plan to do a lot of other connection intensive stuff you should probably go with something stronger. Example: we have the cheapest DSL available here ($30 mo.) and I can play wow relatively lag free while my room mates talk on skype (non-video feed) and stream netflix. For you by yourself or yourself and one friend a cheap plan will be fine. You can always upgrade usually at any time if it doesn't work out too well.
    AND: ALWAYS ALWAYS always make sure you purchase a router and are not "renting" one from the company. You will pay for that router several times over in rental fees if you are not careful and they are basically stealing your money at that point.

Hmm... as for what to look out for. Your parents are hoping you are responsible enough to care for a place on your own and take care of it as well as yourself. Some people are already very independent and responsible when they move out but many are not. It is probably a good idea if you want to impress that you can maintain sanitary living conditions and avoid damaging the house in any way. Dishes also should be done regularly either at the conclusion of the day or every 2~3 days being easier to clean the fresher the mess is. Laundry is a big one too many people never learn how to do this until they move out. Just be ready for when you wash something improperly it will change color often and/or shrink up a bit >_>;

Moving out can often be lonely at first so it's good to keep in touch with family and friends especially over the phone. Having company over is very nice, but at the end of the day you are left with the mess to clean up when they go home so keep that in mind and limit yourself to how much you can handle at a time. Also be wary as many friends will unofficially move into your new place and stay as long as they can eating your food creates messes until they've long overstayed their welcome.

Monetarily...hmm...: Be extra careful with spending until you have a good trend for how much utilities cost, it never hurts to have a surplus. Always always pay rent on time... you may eventually not be renting from your parents and many land lords have late fees for late rent and it's best to learn to be punctual right away.

You need to change your address right away and notify anyone who sends you mail (especially companies you are being billed by) of your new address.

Oh first time moving out there are a lot of purchases you will need to make. Such as dishes, appliances, furniture, etc. If you foresee yourself changing residence several more times within a short period best to try and keep your possessions simple and light. Less stuff means less stuff to pack up next time a move is required. Also less stuff makes you more adaptable in being able to live comfortably in a variety of living quarters of all shapes and sizes. If you have room mates they also will often intentionally and unintentionally take your stuff so traveling light means less stuff to replace when things disappear.

Know what is expected of you from a grounds keeping perspective. Do your parents care for the yard? Or will you be required to maintain trees, flower gardens, lawn? Also good to know what kind of parking situation the place has. Some cities own the curbsides and require parking passes.

Ugh... wasn't sure what exactly you wanted if you throw out some more specifics might be able to provide some advice.

The house is fully furnitured, I dont mind taking care of the garden(only about 5x7m), parents & friends live quite close and I'll probably end up using paper dishes just because I'm too lazy to clean up if it can be avoided

Quote Originally Posted by Cathias View Post
    Hey guys, I've come to the stage of moving out on a "trial" (parents owning about three houses & one of them stands empty), what would I need to look out for and what do I need to pay? also, what are the min/max on a internet connection that can run wow?

Moving to a 2person "house" on my own in Denmark. and yes, my prioritys are awesome
    What *I* had to think of (Norway):

1) Furniture that might be missing (u cant really take theirs :P)
    2) Kitchen stuff, knifes, boards, cups, plates, frying pans etc etc
    3) Washing machine (clothing, not dishes, cos FUCK DISHES)
    4) Internet Connection and TV (i got through one same company)
    5) Electrisity (rent of the line + kWh payment plan)
    6) Freezer (buy shit cheap, put in the freezer)

You might need to think of things like TV, decoders, what have you.

RØDE PØLSER!
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3010461094

Zellviren of Invective of Killrogg: I salute you.

what you gotta pay for:

rent
    telephone/internet
    power supply
    water
    heating
    maybe gas
    food
    detergent
    cleaning material
    garbage fee
    (television fee)
    insurances (keys)
    maybe fee for chimney sweeper once a year or so

and most important: cat food! (dont move out without a cute kitty).

These are some that jumped into my mind.

Quote Originally Posted by ripponesan View Post
    and most important: cat food! (dont move out without a cute kitty).
    We had 7 kittens being born about three weeks ago c: