Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Collected View Post
    GW2 isn't on there.
    Sorry, typo. Meant Rift. Fixed OP.

Quote Originally Posted by Collected View Post
    GW2 isn't on there.
    And why would it be? You know, the whole no sub thing and all...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yowser View Post
    According to this RIFT has never hit more than 600k subs, and is running at under 250k now :
    http://users.telenet.be/mmodata/Charts/Subs-2.png

SWTOR peaked at 1.7mil and dropped to 1.3 mil
    http://users.telenet.be/mmodata/Charts/Subs-1.png
    Yeah.... SWTOR is under 1mil but over 500k right now... And I think Rift has well over 250k

---------- Post added 2012-08-03 at 09:48 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Shadzta View Post
    Sea of sorrows a popular server was constantly crowded always in dat dere overflow server...that said 4 mill copies is stupidly out of wack...my personal opinion is about 800,000 tops...i could be / probably will be wrong but 1 mill signed up for beta...beta is free....so i'd suggest 800,000 sales. etc
    One doe not simply have 5 completely packed servers every beta with only 800k sales, that and they've confirmed it's over 1mil, and you'd think they'd be expecting around 1mil players or so since that's what eeryone else has had lately, so "greatly exceeding expectations" I'd say around 2.5mil or so, MAYBE 4mil but that just seems to good to be true ATM lol
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post
    They won't release any numbers yet for obvious reasons, everything you hear is just wild speculation.
    Indeed, and if you ask me 1M sounds really low. This game is pretty hyped at this point, and so far has delivered on most everything. I would say 4M is very possible but also take it with a pinch of salt. Vanilla may not have had that many to begin with but I don't think it was as publicized was it? I don't really remember the release of vanilla. Also this is a sequel and tons of people played GW1, and it's HUGE in germany.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yowser View Post
    According to this RIFT has never hit more than 600k subs, and is running at under 250k now :
    http://users.telenet.be/mmodata/Charts/Subs-2.png

SWTOR peaked at 1.7mil and dropped to 1.3 mil
    http://users.telenet.be/mmodata/Charts/Subs-1.png
    um, RIFT has never released sub numbers, you have no idea what they are.

Predicting sub numbers off server status is totally inaccurate, you have no way of knowing how they rate servers. if thats how its done, Its the only way I can think of.

---------- Post added 2012-08-03 at 03:57 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    MAYBE 4mil but that just seems to good to be true ATM lol
    Probably is too high.

But then again, its no more inaccurate speculation than any other numbers.

All we know is that sales exceeded Anets expectations, which is a great thing and means the game is suceeding right off the bat. Who knows how high sub numbers go, who cares? as long as its meeting its own "break even" point, it will continue. any thing else is a bonus.

Quote Originally Posted by Yuki Chan View Post
    Can anyone remember how many pre-purchases rift had? I think it was around 1mil... if gw2 has 1.5mil already then its the second most sucessful MMO ever already!
    You have an interesting way of judging success

I'm not seeing this thread leading anywhere and inb4; flaming/trolling/bashing etc. etc. etc. I feel it's better to close this thread.