Thread: Speed UI - LUI

Speed UI - LUI

Something i've wanted to do for awhile. Fraps setting up a full UI from scratch. Although i didn't go all the way with the fine details, i think the video does the job!

16x speed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wx_zI...ature=youtu.be
    Last edited by Tyriss; 2012-08-04 at 01:05 AM.

That was interesting to watch (especially the zepplins). However, I hate UIs that take up the whole screen. I prefer default
    Last edited by Alidori; 2012-08-03 at 01:49 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I... I don't get it.

Forgive me, because I'm a default UI inferior race, but what the actual fuck?

Are there people who think this video is interesting?

not particularly interesting till u was fighting ultraxion on 6-8 fps i think u over did it with lui lol

Deleted
    Looks amazing but great lagg at ultraxion

Default UI definitely doesn't have enough information for you to play at top level.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiev View Post
    Default UI definitely doesn't have enough information for you to play at top level.
    Yet I and many others play at top level with default UI. You don't need a billion things on your screen to tell you bloods are out on deathwing and you're doing damage to them. I've cleared t12/t1t3 heroics with default, I used to use some addons in previous tiers...and honestly, you don't even need DBM anymore. And for PvP, most of the top people use default.

But really, it's all a matter of opinions and preferences, so stating anything as fact like that is silly.

Deleted
    Let's not turn it into this debate again, alright? Talk about the video or don't post.

I think it depends on your role, if you're the raid leader having the extra information can be quite useful, if you're just a dps that has to sit on boss the entire fight(like a rogue for warlord?) then you probably don't need the same information, class also matters a bit. I personally just like to have some omen, meters/logs, boss ability timer, scaled down and movable hot bars, totem addon, and if resto last but not least some sort of healing addon(the default just doesn't give me the information I want for time remaining etc on things).

I could be terribly wrong but I think timers in pvp is quite useful.

But back to the original video... interesting to see you set up your UI, if it makes the game more fun for you don't let people change it.
    Ricotta,Corleggy Retired.

How can you spend over an hour setting up a UI. I have a nice customized UI with more addons than I can count and it takes 5 minutes tops to set up.

I personally hate LUI, its a memory hog and just eats into your fps when trying to do something important. I find it alot better to be a little more minimalistic, if you arrange your bars nicely and get a good looking set of unit frames, you can make a sleek sexy UI that doesn't try to kill your computer.

Big ups to the DnB!

not a bad UI, just a tad bit modular/modern. ElvUI is as far as I will go.

Quote Originally Posted by Aerorogue View Post
    How can you spend over an hour setting up a UI. I have a nice customized UI with more addons than I can count and it takes 5 minutes tops to set up.
    Hehe, that was a speed settup.. There are plenty of people like me that are excessive compulsive and enjoy having complete control over their UI. The comments don't surprise me.

Truthfully that wasn't even 1/3 of the settup in my UI. But the video would become boring even in the sped up x16 when i start tweaking the minor details.

Its all about the appearance and control to me and the video was just a bit of fun. Atleast some people enjoyed it !

---------- Post added 2012-08-04 at 01:34 PM ----------

Lol, didn't even pay attention to the fps on the Ultrax demo. That is umm.. bad, haha. Fraps + wrong interface options + 25man + video edditing programs in the background etc.

Heroic Madness Video.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m2GRi...ature=youtu.be

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiev View Post
    No that is a ignorant statement.

On a side note. Idk what it is about those pre packed UIs but i feel like the scale is sooooo big it makes it very cluttered.

When a wild forum troll appears

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ricen View Post
    Idk what it is about those pre packed UIs but i feel like the scale is sooooo big it makes it very cluttered.
    Have to agree with this. That UI just seems to have far too much rubbish in the way.

As for the video, I don't mean to sound a hater but I find it pointless. All it is, is you sitting through menu changing sliders and what not. Not really interesting nor is it creating a UI from scratch as it's a pre-defined UI where you press an install button.

If you have a mid range computer you can run on ultra at 60 fps with LUI and all other UI's, what's all this nonsense about memory hogging