Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

dilemma: should I join LFR hugely undergeared and let the other healers work harder

i'm currently facing a dilemma. i'm trying to build a holy set on my paladin (yeah, i know, MoP is in 2 months...), however, due to several non-exalted reps, low currency amounts and barely any gold, i'm missing both trinkets, a helmet, a necklace, shoulders and bracers. most of the rest is only 346 or even 333, with my best item being the 397 shield from warmaster. I can't link my armory because i'm in retri gear atm. I'm also completely ungemmed and unenchanted. my gear is too bad to even think about healing HoT heroics solo. however, i'm considering to join LFR with the gear i currently have and let the other healers balance for my poor performance. I know, it's a dick move and completely unethical, but i don't see any other option. going through the entire gear grinder again by farming normals, heroics, zandalari heroics and hour of twilight heroics would still be quite a challenge.

I'm hoping some of you could give your opinion on this.

Do it, get gear, get better.
    "I just wanted them to hand us our award! But they were just talk!, talk!, talk!......" - Wrathion

Deleted
    Just do it, it's LFR. Most people wouldn't even give it a thought.
    If you're really THAT bad, they'll kick you anyways.

i do LFR in BOAs with pvp gear in my bag to boost my item level. my 14k dps with my 297 wep on my ret paladin was 3rd. you have to be really bad to be bad in LFR. i had horrible gear and simply gave effort and was honestly appalled that i wasn't at the bottom of the meters. ESPECIALLY later in the weeks, people in LFR just wanna get something for nothing.

Deleted
    If your ilvl lets you join LFR then i'd say go for it. Just try your best and get some new shiny gear

Chances are they won't kick you unless they are bad and are wiping on madness which 9 times out of 10 won't be your fault even with your gear

I went in this past week with 69k mana buffed, and proceeded to be second on heals. If you have any decent knowledge of your class you'll be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by nzall View Post
    i'm currently facing a dilemma. i'm trying to build a holy set on my paladin (yeah, i know, MoP is in 2 months...), however, due to several non-exalted reps, low currency amounts and barely any gold, i'm missing both trinkets, a helmet, a necklace, shoulders and bracers. most of the rest is only 346 or even 333, with my best item being the 397 shield from warmaster. I can't link my armory because i'm in retri gear atm. I'm also completely ungemmed and unenchanted. my gear is too bad to even think about healing HoT heroics solo. however, i'm considering to join LFR with the gear i currently have and let the other healers balance for my poor performance. I know, it's a dick move and completely unethical, but i don't see any other option. going through the entire gear grinder again by farming normals, heroics, zandalari heroics and hour of twilight heroics would still be quite a challenge.

I'm hoping some of you could give your opinion on this.
    spam battlegrounds and do TB for some 390 PvP gear or spam HoT heroics as RET and buy some 378 JP gear - really no excuses. Honestly, why even bother < 2 mo before MoP? Don't ruin other people's day because you are lazy... the people above are why people hate LFR.

Just do it. I sometimes feel like i can solo heal LFR on my holy priest...

10+ Year Old Account
    With LFR, always subscribe to a JFDI policy.

Just fucking do it.

Some of those people couldn't tell their arse from their nose anyway and on top of that, most people there don't do anything anyway and bosses still die so I wouldn't be too worried about another weak healer.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

if you actually try your best, in lfr ilvl you should not have any issues, I join in as dps with blie vicious gear and still pullover 20 k dps on my new alts, so I have no idea how others are doing 10 k.... So even in vicious blues, in lfr, you should not have any issues.

Just do it. The only characters I didn't cheat my way into LFR on were the 85s I had before 4.3, and I even cheated a little on one or 2 of those.
    If you know how to play, you most likely won't be the cause of wipes(you might get blamed for it and kicked, though, but you can just requeue and get an almost instant pop)

EDIT: By cheating my way into them I mean buying the cheapest Vicious crafted gear I can find(and the class I'm on can actually wear) and have it in my bags. Usually that means the cloth gear.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Do it, its just lfr.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yer just go for it. Myself and im sure a lot of other healers like carrying people anyway, makes it more intense and a bit more rewarding when you kill a boss having done over 50% of the healing.

You really only need 3-4 average geared healers. Even less if they have great gear. From the sound of it six healers would be about right if they all had around your gear level.

Also the vast majority of wipes in lfr are due to people doing something stupid or from dps failure such as not switching targets to the big tentacle or the small tentacles on the last platform on madness.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by azurrei View Post
    spam battlegrounds and do TB for some 390 PvP gear or spam HoT heroics as RET and buy some 378 JP gear - really no excuses. Honestly, why even bother < 2 mo before MoP? Don't ruin other people's day because you are lazy...
    Your post implies that joining LFR is fun. LFR is full of trolls, assholes and racists. I joined LFR for the first time in about 6 months just before I went on holiday, and I got called a Nigger God knows how many times by the same person - and a cunt after I taunted Yorsahj off the other tank to prevent him from dieing (I was one of the 2 tanks as well, this guy decided the other tank wasn't worthy and deserved to die). I hadn't said a word. The whole reason he did it was because he was half heroic geared (so am I) and he kept saying that he wants rank1 for those fights on LFR and it was all "yo nigger hold aggro or you a dumb nigger"

It was disgusting, LFR is a horrible place. "You can't base the whole thing off 1 run!" Well he left after Yorsahj and I did another run and it didn't have as many racist shouts but it had at least 5 people afking. We had one guy who managed to not be on the boat for blackhorn, was at ultraxion, I needed the hat for my ret offset - he already had it for mainspec and said he had it for offspec. He rolled on the hat despite not being in the fight, won it, and proceeded to whisper insult myself and others swearing at us for being "fucking pussys lol moaning that I won just cos I wasn't present for the fight"
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

15+ Year Old Account
    There are people in LFR who are geared to the max and still suck... so as long as you, and the tanks die, you should be good.

Quote Originally Posted by hiragana View Post
    Yer just go for it. Myself and im sure a lot of other healers like carrying people anyway, makes it more intense and a bit more rewarding when you kill a boss having done over 50% of the healing.
    When I still had a healing OS, I did indeed enjoy "stealing" all the healing just to see how high I could get my HPS(popping Tranq for Morchok Stomps, for example)
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Deleted
    Yeah sure, why not.
    LFR is still a walk through the park with half the people even paying attention, someone joining it with an undergeared char is not going to be that much of a deal.

I dinged my warrior 80 last week, bought VP boots, did 1 dungeon and bought some additional pvp gear and joined LFR, somehow players were still doing less dps than me and I'm confident I did the same thing on my priest, you'll be fine.
    People don't forgive, they forget. - Rust Cohle